• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Reservation: full week vs. partial

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Now that my account has been set up, I've been playing online to see what kind of goodies are available. Amazingly, I still see many units available at the High Sierra Lodge for week 7 (President's week) next year. However, if I search for any forms of a partial week (2, 3, or 4 days), none are available. I thought that I was told as long as there is availability, partial week reservation is treated the same as full week, but it's clearly not the case in this particular example. Do I miss something here?

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that my account has been set up, I've been playing online to see what kind of goodies are available. Amazingly, I still see many units available at the High Sierra Lodge for week 7 (President's week) next year. However, if I search for any forms of a partial week (2, 3, or 4 days), none are available. I thought that I was told as long as there is availability, partial week reservation is treated the same as full week, but it's clearly not the case in this particular example. Do I miss something here?

HOLIDAY WEEK #7. Hyatt might open up space close to the 60 day mark for week 7 but they might not also.

ALL Holiday weeks never open up for partial split weeks till 60 days prior if at all.

I suggest when you are on line at Hyatt website you might want to take a few minutes and start reading all the Hyatt rules there are many but it helps you out in the long run.

Why stay at hyatt tahoe when Northstar will be 100% open by week 7. Northstar is brand new.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Why stay at hyatt tahoe when Northstar will be 100% open by week 7. Northstar is brand new.

Can you see availability at Northstar now? I checked a few months back and although it was listed, nothing was showing up. This would be great if we could book it now! I haven't even looked, have you?

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked a few months back and although it was listed, nothing was showing up. This would be great if we could book it now! I haven't even looked, have you?

I checked there Sunday evening and didn't find any available.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
OK Thanks for the response! Yes I have not read the rules online yet. Still waiting for the booklets to come from Hyatt-supposed to be on its way already.:)

I was just searching to get myself familiar with the Hyatt system. I agree I would rather book NorthStar in winter than High Sierra. In fact, that's the major reason that got me intersted in the Hyatt system :D

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
LisaH,

If you really want Northstar I would suggest buying into it. I hear there are some good deals and in Siesta Key,Fl

Hyatt is ONLY going to release very very few rooms because there are very few sales.

In January you will be able to start to book into Northstar. Some of us have been lucky enough to get on the waitlist if the Hyatt computer excepts it.

Im not sure how many points you have but you will need many more points because most of the winter seasons at Northstar take more points that Hyatt Tahoe.

Northstar rooms are out of this world I was told buy a Hyatt owner but really the ski lift will not be open till 2010 season so why ski Northstar because you will be walking across the village to get on the lift YUCK. No ski out this ski season. Why not just go to Colorado and ski.

Good luck I would keep checking on line and get on the waitlist is Hyatt system allows you to do so.

Great HOA meeting today at Carmel Highlands and yes it looks like Carmel will get a couple of washers and dryers soon for the hyatt vacation club owners to use 6 month or so before they are in place.

In regards to the Hyatt rules you will get a lot more on line then what Hyatt sends you.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Great HOA meeting today at Carmel Highlands and yes it looks like Carmel will get a couple of washers and dryers soon for the hyatt vacation club owners to use 6 month or so before they are in place.

Yay about the washers/dryers. We will be there in June :whoopie: !