• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Regency Resort Opens in Puerto Rico (Coco Beach)

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hyatt Regency Resort Opens in Puerto Rico

By Alexander Britell / Caribbean Journal / caribjournal.com / December 21, 2019

“Puerto Rico has its first-ever Hyatt Regency Resort.

Hyatt Hotels has completed its highly-anticipated transformation of the former Gran Melia resort in Puerto Rico, debuting the new Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico.

The property, which underwent a multimillion-dollar overhaul, is comprised entirely of suites and bungalow-style units. (The resort had been open under the temporary name The Resort at Coco Beach since August)....”

6519294F-5E8F-4E87-8A14-FE85C557891E.jpeg

Resort currently offered through RCI as:

Coco Beach Resort #8689
RCI Gold Crown
Rio Grande, PR USA

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about the Cerromar and the Dorado Beach, they were Hyatt Regency Resorts years ago. So Puerto Rico has had them.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It looks like this is the hotel side only. Since HRC is now part of the Marriott family, I guess it really is a first.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I'm very interested in staying at this resort eventually, but the reviews I've read so far indicate that there is still construction in progress.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I stayed here a few years ago before the hurricanes destroyed Puerto Rico. It was a Gran Melia Hotel and a separate section of the resort was timeshares. It was probably one of the nicest timeshares that I have ever stayed. There was also a lot of complementary things, like free beer and wine at the lounge all day long and free breakfast poolside on Sat and Sun.

Like most of Puerto Rico, there ate loose cats running around and a whole bunch of kittens would come up and sit next to you and beg for food during the free breakfast.

I don't know what has become of the timeshare portion of the resort.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I think you missed your typo I was responding to:
Mmmm were they served with juevos rancheros? Lol. Poached cat and scrambled eggs, or maybe kitten French toast with fresh berries and house made whipped cream lol

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I stayed here a few years ago before the hurricanes destroyed Puerto Rico. It was a Gran Melia Hotel and a separate section of the resort was timeshares. It was probably one of the nicest timeshares that I have ever stayed. There was also a lot of complementary things, like free beer and wine at the lounge all day long and free breakfast poolside on Sat and Sun.

Like most of Puerto Rico, there ate loose cats running around and a whole bunch of kittens would come up and sit next to you and beg for food during the free breakfast.

I don't know what has become of the timeshare portion of the resort.
I made reservations on RCI for Oct 2021 under the rci for coco beach, which the reviews link to Hyatt but I can’t find any information if the timeshare portion still exists.

wanting to know of reservation is still good for rci and rci says they have nothing!

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
“We have friends that own at the timeshare. They have not reopened since the hurricane!”

can you get more details about this? It’s still showing in RCI.
Where else could I read about this?

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
“We have friends that own at the timeshare. They have not reopened since the hurricane!”

can you get more details about this? It’s still showing in RCI.
Where else could I read about this?
It is still not open! I will ask my friends tomorrow as they are coming to my house to dinner

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
I made reservations on RCI for Oct 2021 under the rci for coco beach, which the reviews link to Hyatt but I can’t find any information if the timeshare portion still exists.

wanting to know of reservation is still good for rci and rci says they have nothing!
@Railman83 Has your reservation happened? If you can give us an update on how it went, I would appreciate it as I am booked for a week for 2022.

BTW, if anyone needs to contact someone with knowledge on the timeshare side of things. Omaira is person in charge - 787-469-8624.

$25 daily fees include parking fees and drinks at the lobby. You get access to all Hyatt restaurants, amenities, beach area, but not the pool. Timeshare side has its own pool that is not shared with Hyatt. Also, timeshare side has its own beach, but she told me it is not as nice as the Hyatt side.

Thanks!

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Railman83 Has your reservation happened? If you can give us an update on how it went, I would appreciate it as I am booked for a week for 2022.

BTW, if anyone needs to contact someone with knowledge on the timeshare side of things. Omaira is person in charge - 787-469-8624.

$25 daily fees include parking fees and drinks at the lobby. You get access to all Hyatt restaurants, amenities, beach area, but not the pool. Timeshare side has its own pool that is not shared with Hyatt. Also, timeshare side has its own beach, but she told me it is not as nice as the Hyatt side.

Thanks!
I cancelled

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Railman83 timeshare side has its own beach, but she told me it is not as nice as the Hyatt side.

Thanks!
I thought Hyatt's beach was terrible. There's lots of seaweed and some garbage on the shore. I found broken glass. Staff don’t bother to rake or clean. There's also a big ridge, which means you have to squat in order to be immersed in the water.

I would plan on going to another beach.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Good morning!

I was wondering what are the sleeping arrangements / room configuration for the 1 bedroom unit that sleeps 6.

Has anyone stayed here recently or know what the rooms are like? Is there a website for this resort?

1 Bedroom Partial6/4 Max Occupancy/PrivacyExchange Fee

Coco Beach Resort (#8689)
gold Crown

Sector Coco Beach
Hwy 3 Int 955 E
Rio Grande, PR USA
Play Video

somewhereoutthere

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there in June--I am planning to write a full Tug review, but haven't gotten around it it yet. We loved it! We stayed in the vacation club portion and the rest of our party stayed on the hotel side.

We booked a one bedroom sleeps 6, but I think we might have been upgraded? When I called the resort they told me I would have two double beds in the bedroom, a fold out couch/bed in the living room, and have access to a laundry room; instead we got a king bed in the bedroom, then two fold out couch/beds in the living room, and a washer/dryer in the unit.

The vacation club pool was closed during our stay because there was tons of construction in the building all around it, so we had access to the Hyatt Regency pool (which was closer to our unit anyway). I asked about the construction. I don't know how accurate the info was, but one person said that the Hyatt Regency had bought most of the buildings from the vacation club and were converting them to hotel rooms and suites. I think she said the vacation club was keeping only 4 or 5 buildings.