• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pinon Pointe

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am a new Hyatt owner! Passed ROFR. Waiting for final paperwork but staying in unit through a guest cert for week 10. Some things I’m still unsure about and was hoping the experts could clarify.
1. If I make a partial reservation for my 2021 week 10 of Sat , Sun Monday ( I have a Sat check in) does the remainder turn into points to use with Hyatt or do I have to make a res in same season for 4 day stay? Or if not in same season just tha amount of points matter? Am I still locked into the Sat. Midweek days (tues-fri) or can I pick the days ?
2. Do all the reservations have to be made prior to actual use week besides partial stay? If only partial stay is made the rest sits in CUP until use week time then convert to LCUP if I have not made any other res?

Sea2Snow

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what season is the deed that you are buying?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
You get your points 12 months before your deeded week and you have a guaranteed fixed week and fixed unit (full or partial) until 6 months before your deeded week. This is your HRPP.

So in March 2020 you get your 1,400 points in HRPP, and if you do nothing, the points stay in HRPP until September 2020. Then the points convert to CUP and if you do nothing, your 1,400 points will stay in CUP until your deeded week in March 2021. Then if you do nothing, the points convert to LCUP and then they expire in September 2021.

While your points are in HRPP between March and September 2020, you can reserve your fixed week fixed unit as a full 2br, or as a 1br, or as a studio. Or, you can reserve a partial week, either 3 weekend nights, or 4 weekday night, or 2 weekday nights, in a full 2br only.

Once you reserve a partial week or a partial unit, the remaining portion is immediately converted to CUP points. You can do whatever you want the the CUP points, no restrictions on number of nights, seasons, etc.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Ditto !! Especially echino's the last sentence ! all he said there, but also it does not matter WHERE you use those CUP or LCUP points either. i.e. They can be used at any club where you can find availability for the points you might have left over after doing your "partial reservation". !

Last edited:

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Out of curiosity, what season is the deed that you are buying?
Silver...... I know a lot of you don’t like that :)but it’s my spring break (I’m a teacher)

Thanks echino! Didn’t realize the partial had to be in a 2 bedroom but that makes sense. I’ll get my unit then. So I’d have to use 920 points and would have 480 left I could use in the summer or fall for 2 day stays in smaller units

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Silver...... I know a lot of you don’t like that :)but it’s my spring break (I’m a teacher)

Thanks echino! Didn’t realize the partial had to be in a 2 bedroom but that makes sense. I’ll get my unit then. So I’d have to use 920 points and would have 480 left I could use in the summer or fall for 2 day stays in smaller units

With 480 points you could book 6 nights in a studio unit at Pinon Pointe...a 2 night stay Sunday and Monday and then a 4 night midweek stay Tuesday-Friday nights(total in Diamond Season 450 points-or 390 points in the summer Gold Season). You could do the same with a one bedroom in Silver Season(total 450 points).

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Congrats AZLatin5 - glad you got what you wanted. Welcome to Hyatt !

As previously stated you should be able to reserve either side of your unit for a partial week IF IT IS A LOCKOFF UNIT - you just have to make sure to do it 12-6 months before your use week while you still have that right (HRPP). If you have a TRUE 2BR you obviously cannot split it up.

And if you use ANY of the allotted points for a use week on something else before you make the HRPP reservation you will lose your right - so if you want to use any portion of your use week you need to do it first.

I am not sure if PP has true 2br units but I would suggest checking on yours - or maybe another tugger knows if they only have lockoff units.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks! Pinon Pointe said was a lockout. Since I have a Saturday check in how do I reserve a Th, Fri , Sat stay? Has to come available NOT in my use week?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Thanks! Pinon Pointe said was a lockout. Since I have a Saturday check in how do I reserve a Th, Fri , Sat stay? Has to come available NOT in my use week?

Sorry, the 3 day 'weekends' are fixed days of the week depending upon a unit's check-in day.
With a Saturday check-in, your home week 3 day weekend are Sat-Sun-Mon nights.
You could do a club-CUP booking on a Sunday check-in unit to get the Th-Fri-Sat stay.
But it would not be in your home unit or building.
However for week 10, I don't think you should have much of a problem making a CUP booking.

Someone told me the Friday, Sat, Sunday check-in units are per building.
Friday: Bldg# 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 18
Saturday: #1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 15, 19, 21
Sunday: #3, 6, 9, 12, 16, 20

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

If you have a Saturday check in, then you can reserve your fixed week / fixed unit during HRPP for a Sat-Sun-Mon weekend stay, or a Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri weekday stay.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Use weeks are really important if it is a high demand week - which week 10 is not. You can likely get a regular reservation anyway. But one thing to consider is your actual owned unit - does it have a good view and in a location you like? You own a specific unit and have a right to use that exact unit on your use week - one of the brilliant and unusual things about Hyatt. I have read here on Tug that there are a lot of undesireable views at HPP. You get no location guarantees with a normal reservation either - so that is another factor.

It turns out the HPP unit I gave away had a decent view and was 2nd floor and hit the wedding anniversary of the person who wanted it - so it worked well for them to use the home reservation in the week they are getting.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Yes I like it 422!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
If you own there they do try to give you view priority when exchanging if they can. We have typically had good luck although there is never a guarantee.