• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt now has a buy back program

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
I am interested in buying Diamond weeks at Coconut Plantation and Sunset Harbor.
Please PM if you are looking to get out.

brdweb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
I went to the BUYBACK website and called and spoke with them months ago. They told me my WEEK 4 PARK HYATT BEAVERCREEK is not eligible for the program.

How much do you want for it? Might be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hockeyraz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Just called about selling back my Hyatt Beach House annual 25 deeded week. They do not "buy" back anymore but will allow you to "deed" it back to them for $0.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Just called about selling back my Hyatt Beach House annual 25 deeded week. They do not "buy" back anymore but will allow you to "deed" it back to them for $0.

Maybe you should consider trying to giving it away here, buyer pays closing and 2022 maintenance fees. If it goes to ROFR your ahead. If not, new owner would be happy, decent deal IMO for that amount of points. The rental would likely bring you in 2800 to 3200 for a two bedroom.

Hockeyraz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Maybe you should consider trying to giving it away here, buyer pays closing and 2022 maintenance fees. If it goes to ROFR your ahead. If not, new owner would be happy, decent deal IMO for that amount of points. The rental would likely bring you in 2800 to 3200 for a two bedroom.
Information like this is why I join this group. I'm trying to understand what my options are and how to execute on those options. Thank you for your feedback.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would list it on the market place. A couple of years ago these sold for about $2500, now it's looking they are going for around $3500-$4000. Not big money, but better than paying Hyatt to take it off your hands and better than giving it away.

Alternatively, you could list it on Redweek. If you price it well, I would think you should be able to get a buyer in short order.

Last edited:

maryjane

Reaction score
Is there a special number to call? I called the main number today and was told that they’re not doing deed backs anymore. I listed our week 26 Beach House unit on Red Week last year and had no interest. Deeding back to Hyatt seemed like the easiest way to divest ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a special number to call? I called the main number today and was told that they’re not doing deed backs anymore. I listed our week 26 Beach House unit on Red Week last year and had no interest. Deeding back to Hyatt seemed like the easiest way to divest ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was your price? Things are a bit different from last year. I don’t think you’d have any trouble getting more than you’d get from Hyatt (nothing). I’d estimate 3500 to 4000.

Heck if you’re just going to give it away, I’d be happy to get into a sales agreeement to buy it at a low price to bait Hyatt into taking it in RoFR, if I got it then that would be great.

Last edited:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I read in the HRC facebook that Hyatt exercised ROFR on a Beach House week for $9000.00. It was a good week, platinum I believe.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read in the HRC facebook that Hyatt exercised ROFR on a Beach House week for $9000.00. It was a good week, platinum I believe.

Just curious @AJCts411 - what is the name of the HRC Facebook group? I thought I was a member but couldn't find it recently.

bradj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
I'm not on Facebook. What week was it that ROFR was exercised by Hyatt fo $9000? Any way we can verify that? I sold a Platinum BH week 20 back to Hyatt for a little over $7000 which included the return of my maintenance fee. That was in March 2020. A week later they quit buying anything back and took advantage of Covid and got stuff for free,

dmarston

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know the details of the program, but here's the link to their website on the topic.

I just called the Hyatt Residence Club's Hacienda Del Mar in Puerto Rico where I co-own a Platinum week unit. (Hyatt Residence Club was acquired by Marriott Vacation Club some time back). They said that Hacienda Del Mar is NOT participating in Deed Buy Back program at this time. (11/14/22). They didn't share any reason why but said perhaps sometime in the future this would change. Seems strange to me that some Marriott Vacation Club properties have the choice to opt out of the deed back program. You would think it's a company wide policy to participate in the program. From a legal perspective, it seems inconsistent and discriminatory to exclude certain properties from the deed back program.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
even when marriott took over vistana, they did not accept deedbacks from resorts outside the US. IIRC it had to do with how those properties were deeded/closing/etc.

does not sound like that policy has changed :(