• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

*** Hyatt Northstar ** Open Now **

DeweyWhopper

Reaction score
Hyatt Northstar already cancelled one of my reservatons...

I just booked online a Three bedroom in March Mon thru Friday and a two nighter in February.

I will keep my fingers crossed, though, as a couple of months ago I was really excited to see Northstar availability online too, made a reservation, and then a couple of days later a Northstar rep called me and said that it was a glitch in the computer system and cancelled my Super Bowl party weekend at Northstar! So hopefully this time it is real inventory that has been released to CUP and is actually available for reservations.

I will let you all know if Hyatt cancels these reservations too.

Happy New Year,
Dewey

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Hi Dewey
Hopefully you get your reservation. The resort should be able to tell you.

Re: your superbowl reservation,the question is, Can Hyatt just cancel online reservations outright? From what I read in this thread they may need to honor it. In my case it was my online reservation was immediately cancelled after I called the customer service number to verify and spoke with a REP, I never got a call from Northstar.

Look forward to hearing from you, well keep our fingers crossed.

DeweyWhopper

Reaction score
Well, regarding the Super Bowl Weekend, I actually booked that at Northstar online on August 9th, 2008 ( I just found the email confirmation ). About five days later a rep from Hyatt called, I thought she was the Concierge, like at Aspen. I was shocked when she said it was a computer mistake and had to cancel. I tried to fight it with Member Services, and ended up talking a manager, but to no avail, it was still cancelled.

The two new reservations for March and Feb were just made this am. I have a confirmation and everything, and it even shows up in the "my reservations" window. However, I just checked for other availability and everything is now gone at Northstar. So it proably is another computer glitch. :crash:

We'll see...

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dewey and Benji,

I was with a good friend of mine over NEW YEARS at Hyatt Northstar who USED CUP POINTS.

If you have a confirmed reservation using CUP points then of course you are good to go.

If you look under owners discount you will see many many days coming up at Northstar to buy(rent) those night but if you can get to use CUP points or even LCUP point grab it,save it, confirm it. Get hat email confirmation form haytt yo0u are as good as gold.

Hyatt Northstar is really nice Hyatt still has to work out all the little problems like TV not working on/off, all little stuff. This resort rooms are so nice it is like walking into a 3 million dollar home here in Carmel by the Sea.

Cover parking,access to the private clubs,Breakfast,ski valet more more more.

You need to see it to believe it there is anew Hyatt in Tahoe(truckee) so watch out Hyatt Incline.

Last edited:

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Hi Carmel85? Since you have a lot of the inside track on how to get some results from Hyatt member services. Is there anyway you can speak with someone from customer service and see if they can reinstate Deweys and my previous reservations and honor deweys current ones? I tried them earlier today and they said it was a computer glitch----AGAIN

Now there are no more reservations. I am left with cancelled reservations and fees to pay.

Now that we verified that your friend has actually used cUP reservations and stayed at the resort, It sure seems like they are trying to play a game with us. I cant seem to get anywhere with them. I know you have always fought the good fight for us with HYATT.
Can you try and pressure them into giving us some real info? It would be a real travesty if more Hyatt owners were to make online reservations only to be denied and have to pay fees.

I feel they will be more forthright with you because of who you know, much more than they would be with us. An email from them confirming "whatever" would be nice.

Thanks pal
Benj

Hopefully you can help us resolve this issue once and for all.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Benji,

Dewey called a good fried of mine the same person I sent you a PM about I would call him ASAP NOW.

Your reservation should not have been changed then you should not have had to pay to cancel?

Does not make since if your did not have a CUP reservation how could they charge you for one? On top of they how could you have payed to cancel it? DOES NOT MAKE SINCE!!!

Again my friend got and stayed over NEW YEARS NORTHSTAR using CUP points. Actually there was even 2 reservations made.

Dewey is set for his new reservation that he just made in the past 5 days his older reservation are GONE he made those before the resort was even open.

Hyatt Northstar officially OPENS January 16th 2009 (FRIDAY)

Remember all weeks at Northstar are FRIDAY to FRIDAY.

Last edited:

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Benji,

Dewey called a good fried of mine the same person I sent you a PM about I would call him ASAP NOW.

Your reservation should not have been changed then you should not have had to pay to cancel?

Does not make since if your did not have a CUP reservation how could they charge you for one? On top of they how could you have payed to cancel it? DOES NOT MAKE SINCE!!!

Again my friend got and stayed over NEW YEARS NORTHSTAR using CUP points. Actually there was even 2 reservations made.

Dewey is set for his new reservation that he just made in the past 5 days his older reservation are GONE he made those before the resort was even open.

Hyatt Northstar officially OPENS January 16th 2009 (FRIDAY)

Remember all weeks at Northstar are FRIDAY to FRIDAY.

Hi CARMEL85,
Just got back in,
Anyway I had to cancel 2 previous reservations to make room for the 2000 pt reservation at Northstar for end June. When I called 1800 GOHYATT they refused to allow me to complete the reservation.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Benji and other Hyatt owners,

If you see a cup or lcup opening at Northstar book it ASAP. These dates open and close very quickly.

I personally know 2 people under 2 different reservation that have stayed at Northstar using their CUP points.

February 9,10, 2009 in a 3 bedroom units was open today.

Also look under the owners discount reservations look at all those dates yes you have to pay some $$$ but there are some great rates for ski season.

C85