• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Kaanapali Floating week

AC168

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are limits to floating weeks at Hyatt Kaanapali?

Also, does anyone know if certain weeks are just extremely difficult to get with a floating week?

I’m thinking about buying a resale floating week. Thanks for any insight!

Scavanjer

Reaction score
Good questions. Additional question for you…what price range are you seeing for floating week resales. I was told by a real estate broker that Hyatt would buy back annual 2BR at HKB for 25k so offers need to be higher than this or ROFR would occur.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are limits to floating weeks at Hyatt Kaanapali?

Also, does anyone know if certain weeks are just extremely difficult to get with a floating week?

I’m thinking about buying a resale floating week. Thanks for any insight!
The two Xmas & NY weeks are not available to float owners. Holiday weeks are difficult to reserve. However, reserve a float week exactl 52 weeks ahead of your next selected week and you will get it.

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told by a real estate broker that Hyatt would buy back annual 2BR at HKB for 25k so offers need to be higher than this or ROFR would occur.
ROFR can be hit or miss. Offers you expect won’t go though do and vice-versa. The advice you received may have been based on limited data points.
However, reserve a float week exactl 52 weeks ahead of your next selected week and you will get it.
Currently that seems to be the case, to a large degree, but floats at most other timeshares get harder to book certain times of year. I wonder how much more difficult it will become when more float units are sold and more existing float owners better learn the booking mechanics. What if the remaining float units are eventually purchased by the HPC trust and you have a bunch of people there all using those float weeks to book high demand weeks? Float units provide flexibility, but at a cost of a guaranteed reservation. I’d take the guarantee of a fixed week any day, knowing that if I want to move to a different week, I can rent my high demand week out, then use a HRC trader to do a CUP exchange on a week less in demand (or worse case, use the rental proceeds to book a rental).

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFR can be hit or miss. Offers you expect won’t go though do and vice-versa. The advice you received may have been based on limited data points.

Currently that seems to be the case, to a large degree, but floats at most other timeshares get harder to book certain times of year. I wonder how much more difficult it will become when more float units are sold and more existing float owners better learn the booking mechanics. What if the remaining float units are eventually purchased by the HPC trust and you have a bunch of people there all using those float weeks to book high demand weeks? Float units provide flexibility, but at a cost of a guaranteed reservation. I’d take the guarantee of a fixed week any day, knowing that if I want to move to a different week, I can rent my high demand week out, then use a HRC trader to do a CUP exchange on a week less in demand (or worse case, use the rental proceeds to book a rental).
In theory, swapping out a fixed week for an alternate fixed week might work except for high demand resorts such as HKB. Once you drop the fixed week, you are at the end of the line in requesting a CUP week. Even then HKB owners almost always rent their week rather than drop it into the CUP pool thereby substantially reducing the pool of available weeks, especially high demand weeks.

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
In theory, swapping out a fixed week for an alternate fixed week might work except for high demand resorts such as HKB. Once you drop the fixed week, you are at the end of the line in requesting a CUP week. Even then HKB owners almost always rent their week rather than drop it into the CUP pool thereby substantially reducing the pool of available weeks, especially high demand weeks.
Yes. I would never swap my fixed HKB week. I’d rent it, then use the proceeds elsewhere. But, I’d also use a different HRC resort week (the one I use as a trader) to try and snag a CUP exchange for HKB. Outside prime months, it’s very possible to exchange into HKB with enough planning and flexibility.

We are basically in agreement, except I prefer owning a high demand summer week that I know I can easily rent as needed, whereas you prefer the flexibility of a floater (and I’m skeptical the success you have had booking any desired 1-50 week will continue long term).

AC168

Reaction score
Good questions. Additional question for you…what price range are you seeing for floating week resales. I was told by a real estate broker that Hyatt would buy back annual 2BR at HKB for 25k so offers need to be higher than this or ROFR would occur.

This is really helpful. I was looking for an EOY around $25k. Would there be a place where I could buy an every year contract for near 25k? Thanks so much!

AC168

Reaction score
Yes. I would never swap my fixed HKB week. I’d rent it, then use the proceeds elsewhere. But, I’d also use a different HRC resort week (the one I use as a trader) to try and snag a CUP exchange for HKB. Outside prime months, it’s very possible to exchange into HKB with enough planning and flexibility.

We are basically in agreement, except I prefer owning a high demand summer week that I know I can easily rent as needed, whereas you prefer the flexibility of a floater (and I’m skeptical the success you have had booking any desired 1-50 week will continue long term).

Is this doable even with kid's school holidays? I assume CUP exchange is somewhat last minute. Which would you recommend for a trader? Pinion Point?

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is really helpful. I was looking for an EOY around $25k. Would there be a place where I could buy an every year contract for near 25k? Thanks so much!
There are 4 EOY listed on Redweek right now. The lowest price is 23K. The highest price is 30K.
Is this doable even with kid's school holidays? I assume CUP exchange is somewhat last minute. Which would you recommend for a trader? Pinion Point?
If your CUP exchange comes through it most likely will be 6 months out. I'd recommend something you wouldn't also mind using OR can easily rent for MF fees or more, should the trading mechanisms/abilities materially change in the future.