• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt/Interval reservation question

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are looking to go to Hawaii and make a reservation for a period of 2 months say April to May 2017. We have multiple places we would consider staying. We only have enough points left for a 1 week reservation. Can we put in for multiple places and then just take one? Do we need enough points for all 3 places to reserve multiple places. If 2 places come in are we obligated to both?
Same question for Hyatt reservations. We are looking to fill in 2 days in Colorado to complete a stay there and would be fine with either Breckinridge or Beaver Creek. Can we put in for both places ?
We have owned for a little over a year with Hyatt but have yet to use the reservation system, so sorry for being clueless.
Thanks in advance for your help!

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are looking to go to Hawaii and make a reservation for a period of 2 months say April to May 2017. We have multiple places we would consider staying. We only have enough points left for a 1 week reservation. Can we put in for multiple places and then just take one? Do we need enough points for all 3 places to reserve multiple places. If 2 places come in are we obligated to both?
Same question for Hyatt reservations. We are looking to fill in 2 days in Colorado to complete a stay there and would be fine with either Breckinridge or Beaver Creek. Can we put in for both places ?
We have owned for a little over a year with Hyatt but have yet to use the reservation system, so sorry for being clueless.
Thanks in advance for your help!

I think you have two questions. Your interval question as I understand it is, you want a week in Hawaii, any one week, as long as it is during April or May. For interval, you can enter an ongoing search for the week (or weeks) you would accept for check in dates and list multiple places you would accept. The first one that is available is the one you will get. You will only need enough points to fulfill that one exchange for the one unit for one week. If you are using Hyatt points, all units of the same size will cost the same amount of points. Then your ongoing search will be extinguished once it is filled.

As for The Hyatt question, I am not a Hyatt owner (yet), but I believe the answer is that you can make a wait list request for each different request. So if you want resort a or b for either dates c or d, it would be four wait list requests AC, AD, BC, and BD. They can't be lumped together. And you would obviously need to have the points available for use if the request comes in.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Thank you ,appreciate you sharing your knowledge. We have been on the phone a lot with Hyatt/Interval and are starting to get a better handle on it.

scsu_hockey_fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at Maui for late may 2017. What are the chances of getting in to the Marriott or westin kanapali? Low? Medium? Good? Or no chance like the hyatt internally on maui or a ski week in colorado which I hear are harder then winning the powerball.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using Hyatt points in II, your odds for exchanging into either are low. To have good odds, you will need to own a Starwood mandatory resort and use SOs to exchange..

We are looking at Maui for late may 2017. What are the chances of getting in to the Marriott or westin kanapali? Low? Medium? Good? Or no chance like the hyatt internally on maui or a ski week in colorado which I hear are harder then winning the powerball.