• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Colorado

swbyps

Reaction score
I am a Hyatt member and have a few extra points I would like to use to book a week 41-46 in Colorado. I was looking at the four Hyatt Resorts (Grand Aspen, Main Street Station, Mountain Lodge, & The Residences at Beaver Creak) and without knowing the area, they all look the same to me.

Since I would be booking these for the off season, I am looking for recommendations on things to do or advantages of one resort over the other. Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

darcy

Reaction score
I have only been to Main Street Station in Breckenridge, and it was August, not offseason. But one of the great things is that it is located right in town so that you can walk everywhere. And it is a nice town - lots of restaurants/bars and shops that aren't just T-shirt shops.

There is an extensive network of bike trails around Summit County, and that would be something that you would be able to do in offseason. The place we rented from had a bike rack in Frisco that you could leave the bikes at and hop the free Summit County bus back to Breckenridge, thereby knocking off a hard 9 miles uphill from your ride.

We also did a lot of hiking, but that would be highly weather-dependent, I guess.

I haven't been to a lot of Hyatts yet, but the studio we had at Main St. Station for 5 nights was plenty roomy for us. There were 2 comfortable chairs with ottoman in front of the fireplace with a relatively large flat screen TV above. There was a small dining table with 2 chairs, and the kitchen was perfectly adequate. Lots more storage space than we needed (didn't even find the under-bed drawers until 3 days or so in to the stay).

We will be doing the off-season thing at Hyatt in Aspen in the last week of October...we'll see how that is, but we couldn't resist the 70 points/week!

Last edited:

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
I think Summit County might be the better for timing

All 3 of the Hyatt's are beautiful, Aspen is beyond words.

But, for the timing of your trip - Summit County will have more for you to do. There is an extensive amount of biking trails along the Snake River and they are beautiful. You can go horseback riding, fishing, boating in Lake Dillon and there are limitless things you can do in Summit County. Breck is a slightly bigger town then Avon/Beaver and Beaver Creek really gets slow this time of year. We have never been to Aspen in the fall, so someone else may be able to answer how much there is to do in Aspen during the fall.

But of the two Breck and Beaver for off-season - Breck Main Street gets my vote. You will enjoy any of the properties!

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Aspen studio is tight

One last thing, not knowing what size of unit you will be using. The Aspen studio is not really small, but not set up for doing much eating in the room. There is not even a table, there is a huge bathroom and a small fridge with microwave. But no table, which strikes me as odd as I am a person who likes to enjoy her morning coffee in her room.

I forgot to add this fact. The studio rooms in Breck are plenty big enough for 2 people and you could actually sleep 4 with the Murphy bed. It would be tight and not recommended - but there is a table and 2 chairs at Main Street Station.

mesamirage

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been to all (4) resorts... and this is how we would rank them as far as the resorts themselves. Activities are going to be slow at all of them that time of the year...

The Residences at Beaver Creak (it is like having a castle to yourself this time of the year... I think there were 20-30 total people in the entire resort when we went up early Nov last year... we mainly relaxed and enjoyed living like royality!! Hiking, pool table downstairs, bon fire (Smores) and then you can go down into town.. the village of Beaver Creek is DEAD at this time.

Aspen (request the rooms with the Hot tubs on the balcony... we had a 3 bedroom and 2 of the rooms had Hot Tubs!!) I dont know the room number sorry... it was GREAT! Town still is open, just quiet...

Breck... I would consider rating this over Aspen for overall experience but we went during ski season... so the memories are better. Resort rooms are Amazing... private movie room (Fun!) and lots to do in the town, just not sure the time of the year your going how much will be open.

Mountain Lodge - We think Hyatt should sell this property of renovate it... not up to Hyatts standards in our opinion. We would never stay here unless on a group ski trip and this was our only option to use Hyatt points to go.

Enjoy!!

hot2trot

Reaction score
Having lived in Breckenridge a year ago, I think each of the areas you mentioned are very different. A few things to consider: a) Breckenridge is the closest of the areas mentioned to Denver and airfare into Denver is pretty cheap compared to flying into the Vail airport. Of all the places you mentioned, Breck has the highest altitude 10,000 feet. If you have ANY problems with altitude this will not be the place to be. The town of Breck is charming, the other people posted lots of info. Hyatt Mainstreet is right on Maggie Pond and was built as a fractional product.

Beaver Creek has a different feel to it, up the hill, the property is lovely, but not much within walking distance.

Aspen would be my second choice as the town of Aspen is really fun and the Hyatt property is really nice. This location would cost you more to fly to or if you fly into Denver airport over an hour longer to drive to.

If you go week 45 or 46 chances are there will be snow to ski. Earlier than that you are in dead season. Many places are closed getting ready for the ski season to hit.

Believe it or not 1000 feet makes a big difference in altitude and being able to breathe! All of those properties are within driving distance so if you wanted to check out another location while you are there, it is only an hour or so away!

Breck and Aspen and Beaver Creek all have their own unique feel to them. Breck is more down to earth with young boarders and hippy types than Aspen or Beaver Creek.