• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Coconut Plantation vs Marriott Crystal Shores October

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We haven’t stayed at either resort, and I’m not sure we will end up going to either given the COVID situation. That may tip it in the Hyatt’s favor because cancellation would be less costly (planning on using a certificate from a separate cancelled exchange).

I’ve always wanted to visit Marco Island and the Marriott looks awesome.

We have 3 little ones (7, 3, 3 when we plan on traveling).

I wanted to get opinions on which you would choose and why.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt isn’t on the beach, but they take you out to a private island where chairs are all set up. They have great pools and water activities.
i have never stayed at the Marriott but I have stayed next door. There is a wonderful beach. Outside of the beach there isn’t a lot to do on Marco .

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't stayed at the Marriott yet (had reservations but had to cancel because plans changed), but the Hyatt Coconut Plantation is awesome. It has a wonderful lazy river and a private beach that is excellent and secluded. No food at the beach, but you pack a cooler and enjoy the time. Coolers were loaned out for free. Twice on the boat ride out to the island, we saw dolphins in the water. Staff was wonderful and units very nice. Your kids would definitely enjoy it. Smaller resort so not as populated. The nearby Hyatt hotel is very upscale.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I am very tempted to use the free exchange certificate at Crystal Shores, but it sounds like the Hyatt Coconut Plantation would probably be the best choice as we’ll be doing a beach vacation the week before.

Reactions: LMD

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would never pick the Marriott with kids that age. October is low/hurricane season and there won't be a lot of kids there. No good activities and there is nothing for kids nearby other than a putt putt course across the street for the older child. Take the Hyatt with the lazy river and more to do on the property.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You are able to secure Crystal Shores with an II AC?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We haven’t stayed at either resort, and I’m not sure we will end up going to either given the COVID situation. That may tip it in the Hyatt’s favor because cancellation would be less costly (planning on using a certificate from a separate cancelled exchange).

I’ve always wanted to visit Marco Island and the Marriott looks awesome.

We have 3 little ones (7, 3, 3 when we plan on traveling).

I wanted to get opinions on which you would choose and why.
I have stayed at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation numerous times and this is a perfect spot for kids. Lots to do and so much fun

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I have stayed at both and with children I would do the Hyatt especially in October. The lazy river and pool complex are very nice and would keep them occupied. You could do a day trip from either through the Everglades (Marco is closer)if needed, Shark Valley would be fun as they have a tram ride through the park.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I lives in Naples have an 8 year old and would choose the Hyatt, unless you REALLY want to be on the beach.
We love the Hyatt in Bonita so does my daughter.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread too much.

I'm thinking of visiting the Hyatt as part of a Florida trip next June. We will be with kids aged 6, 7 and 14. We have a few nights booked at Lakeshore Reserve using Marriott Reward points. I'm thinking of doing Lakeshore Reserve first with a couple of theme park days and then end our vacation at Coconut plantation.

Hoping there is enough to keep everyone entertained at HCC? Do they have a lot of organized activities?