• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How will my clients know that they can trust your timeshare vendors?

Oro

Reaction score
I have read that many timeshare holders do not know what they have just bought, let alone what to do with it. How will my clients know that they can trust a timeshare vendor fromTUG? Many newbies are telling me that there are shrewd business sales people in this field that are locking them into 30 year contracts. I dont want that . All I wnt to do is rent the timeshare out. All I want to do is rent resorts, villas, condos, and vacation units for short time visits, and to vacationers. I don't want my clients to rent a room, and then be told that they are committed to a 10-30 year contract. That sounds like a lfe sentence to me. I would like to gain your trust, and for you to gain my trust. Talking helps. I would like to speak with members on TUG who demonstrate great communication skills. I really dont want my clients to buy anything that they intended on simply renting out.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I'm not sure what you are trying to communicate here? Do you book timeshare stays for your clients and want to know how to verify?

There are stickys at the top of the forums for that.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I have read that many timeshare holders do not know what they have just bought, let alone what to do with it. How will my clients know that they can trust a timeshare vendor fromTUG? Many newbies are telling me that there are shrewd business sales people in this field that are locking them into 30 year contracts. I dont want that . All I wnt to do is rent the timeshare out. All I want to do is rent resorts, villas, condos, and vacation units for short time visits, and to vacationers. I don't want my clients to rent a room, and then be told that they are committed to a 10-30 year contract. That sounds like a lfe sentence to me. I would like to gain your trust, and for you to gain my trust. Talking helps. I would like to speak with members on TUG who demonstrate great communication skills. I really dont want my clients to buy anything that they intended on simply renting out.
This is a timeshare discussion forum / user group. I think you may be misunderstanding something here. Instead of posting this to this forum maybe you are better off emailing your question to the website administrators?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Your clients can trust a timeshare vendor from the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) for several reasons:

1. Reputation: TUG has a long-standing reputation in the timeshare industry as a valuable resource for timeshare owners. It provides reviews, advice, and a marketplace for buying, selling, or renting timeshares. A vendor associated with TUG is likely aware of the importance of maintaining a positive reputation within this community.
2. Community Feedback: TUG’s platform often includes forums and review sections where users can share their experiences with specific vendors. Potential buyers can research these vendors on TUG to see feedback from other users, which can be a strong indicator of trustworthiness.
3. Education and Resources: TUG offers a wealth of information and resources about timeshares, including how to avoid scams. Vendors associated with TUG are typically more transparent and willing to provide potential buyers with the information they need to make informed decisions.
4. Transparency: Vendors on TUG are usually more transparent about the terms of the timeshare, fees, and any potential drawbacks. This openness helps build trust with potential clients.
5. Community Standards: Being part of TUG means that vendors are expected to uphold certain standards and practices that align with TUG’s mission to provide accurate and unbiased information about timeshares. Vendors who fail to meet these standards risk damaging their reputation within the TUG community.

Encourage your clients to do their own research on TUG, including reading reviews, participating in forums, and using TUG’s resources to educate themselves about timeshares. Additionally, remind them to always perform due diligence when dealing with any vendor, even those recommended by trusted sources.

(This response was generated by ChatGPT given your question which reads like it was generated by an AI LLM).

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Sorry Oro, you don't sound genuine. If you want to learn, just read everything you can on TUG for a while. If and when you have a very specific question, post it on one of these forums.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We absolutely cannot share everything we know on any discussion forum. What I know about watching out for scams, how to rent, contract wording, etc., I could write a book, and that is sincere.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This is a doozy. Who are your clients? What country are you located in? What is your business address? Is English your native language? Am I communicating OK?

People should not solicit advice from a one time poster, especially with a gibberish post like this, and certainly not through a direct message.

Bill4728

Reaction score
If you want to rent a timeshare so you can go on a great vacation, the people who post TUG can help you.

If you want to rent timeshare week the re-rent it to someone else , I hope you will not find anyone willing to help you do that.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who are your clients? What do you own that you can rent out?
As far as the disclaimer after your signature, you sound like you don’t know what you are doing. No one should trust you!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

This makes very little sense. Maybe you can clear things up for us.

What is your business? What is your relationship with timeshare owners? What is your relationship with prospective renters? How do you intend to bring them together? Why do you listen to newbies, who are the very ones least likely to "know what they have just bought, let alone what to do with it"?

I've been on TUG for a fair amount of time and never once have I seen a complaint that someone rented a room and were then told they are committed to a 10-20 year contract. Was this from one of your newbies?

To be brutally frank, you sound like a newbie yourself and if you intend to embark on a timeshare rental business, you are most likely going to fail.

Oro

Reaction score
Wow Jim thanks for the kind words. For your information I am a C.E.O. of my own travel and tourism firm. I have been in operation for over 15 years, and still "rockin and rollin!" As a matter of fact the surplus money that my firm has been growing has guided me to learn more about timeshares. I'm sorry for your lesson in frustration. It seems like youhave learned alot.

Oro

Reaction score
This is a doozy. Who are your clients? What country are you located in? What is your business address? Is English your native language? Am I communicating OK?

People should not solicit advice from a one time poster, especially with a gibberish post like this, and certainly not through a direct message.
Now David. if any one peraon should even consider embarking into any form of real estae business, don't you think that you should try being a little bit more kind hearted? David, please don't play with my time, or my timeshre business. Did you say gibberish? Yes, I think you did.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Wow Jim thanks for the kind words. For your information I am a C.E.O. of my own travel and tourism firm. I have been in operation for over 15 years, and still "rockin and rollin!" As a matter of fact the surplus money that my firm has been growing has guided me to learn more about timeshares. I'm sorry for your lesson in frustration. It seems like youhave learned alot.
That's great. Your original post still doesn't make much sense. And I don't get the gratuitous "lesson in frustration" comment but that's okay.

Good Luck! Getting into timeshares will take care of your "surplus money."

Oro

Reaction score
This is a timeshare discussion forum / user group. I think you may be misunderstanding something here. Instead of posting this to this forum maybe you are better off emailing your question to the website administrators?
You could be spot on with that advice Fido Chuckwagon. Pardon me while I learn my way around. I will take my business elsewhere. Have a nice day.

Oro

Reaction score
That's great. Your original post still doesn't make much sense. And I don't get the gratuitous "lesson in frustration" comment but that's okay.

Good Luck! Getting into timeshares will take care of your "surplus money."
I knew I'd get a smile out of you Jim. The website administration frowned upon the thought of anyone doing any form of advertising. Where was I getting my information on notable buyers that claimed of geting committed to a 30 contract? It was right here on the TUG, and thoughout the forum. I trust no other source on timeshares other than TUG. I do believe that there are others who have learned to crawl before they can walk.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
The drive-by (cannot even think of a proper description) comments get stranger & stranger.
I get the feeling the TS-Exit industry is posting to put TUG on and then they sit around laughing at the dozens of replies.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
The drive-by (cannot even think of a proper description) comments get stranger & stranger.
I get the feeling the TS-Exit industry is posting to put TUG on and then they sit around laughing at the dozens of replies.
Somebody (or several) is for sure.

Oro

Reaction score
We absolutely cannot share everything we know on any discussion forum. What I know about watching out for scams, how to rent, contract wording, etc., I could write a book, and that is sincere.
Thank you rickandcindy23, it's not easy gaining peoples trust in this industry. You own alot of resorts, and know these markets well! I'd like to learn more about the real to life knowledge that timeshares owners like yourself have been experiencing. If you are not overwheled please stay in touch. Have a nice day.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
1708969362311.png

I think that's my first dislike ever! To be honest, I didn't know that there's a dislike button on TUG.

Oro

Reaction score
Who are your clients? What do you own that you can rent out?
As far as the disclaimer after your signature, you sound like you don’t know what you are doing. No one should trust you!
Wait a minute heae Patri. You dont even know me. I don't have any faith in you from the start. I can accept the part where I may not cmpletely know timeshares. Yes, you are right in that case, and for your debate, although the no one should trust me part, sound like you are yelling at me. You dont even know me. Try taking it down one notch please.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This sounds a lot like the person who is trying to get of timeshare after having multiple family surgeries etc. won't respond to any direct questions, just wants to babble and lecture about civility.

Oro

Reaction score
View attachment 89173

I think that's my first dislike ever! To be honest, I didn't know that there's a dislike button on TUG.
Look. People came here to do business. We are not the type that sit around at the beach in a lawn chair all day.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I will take my business elsewhere.
Serious question, who do you think you are talking to by making a post in this discussion forum? None of us are employed by, or in any way affiliated with TUG, other than we are members. If you want to speak with someone who is, you should be contacting one of the administrators/owners, as I suggested in my post.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Look. People came here to do business.
Do business with who? What are you talking about? This is a forum for discussing timeshares. Are you talking about the TUG Marketplace? You are posting in a subforum where timeshare owners and prospective owners give each other advice on how to buy, rent, and sell timeshares. There is no business being transacted in this forum.

Oro

Reaction score
If you want to rent a timeshare so you can go on a great vacation, the people who post TUG can help you.

If you want to rent timeshare week the re-rent it to someone else , I hope you will not find anyone willing to help you do that.
Hi Bill4728, are you saying that they may sell to me, although if I had a friend or neighbor who really wanted to stay at the Hyatt Resort that it would pose a problem if I arranged that for them?