• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to use Interval International to get a unit using my Marriott deposit???

Ghamrick

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club in Maui
No, they are not the same. Trade power is determined by unit size, location, lead time of the deposit and actual demand. LV is high availability and relatively low demand. The TDI has little to do with it unless the resorts are in the same region as it's not standardized. A 150 in HI is not related to 150 in LV. 100 in HI is actually probably a higher trade power than 150 in LV to make the point. The underlying Marriott season is only applicable as it relates to the other factors of trade power. I can think of several gold weeks that would trade as well, really better, than the best LV week all else equal. II doesn't track view so that doesn't matter for trade power.

It sounds like you deposited a week derived from your points and not a Maui week. If so you likely have a low demand, low power week. Regardless though some resorts, times and areas are simply difficult to get, Maui is at the top of that list. There is modest availability and a ton of demand so lots of other people competing with you and in this case, likely with higher trade power. This is not a first come first serve system but it's based not the trade power and resort quality of the underlying deposit. Thus you could have been on the list for 10 months but someone who placed a request yesterday might jump ahead of you. Your best chance of success is to have the OGS (On Going Search) but also to look online early AM or even several times a day. Your likelihood of a match in this situation is very likely to be under 60 days out.
I have an extremely high demand high power week! Thanks for the suggestion on the OGS never heard of it, will try. Interval never suggested anything except "put your week in and wait"

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have an extremely high demand high power week! Thanks for the suggestion on the OGS never heard of it, will try. Interval never suggested anything except "put your week in and wait"
Based on your prior posts, it sounds like you already have an OGS (ongoing search) in place. No?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think Marriott deposits a week at all. Don't they use the points and this II chart? If so, the TDI of September in Hawaii is in the 100-110 range. So the OP would need to have at least 2,250 points to secure the trade. How II determines trade power on points is anyone's guess. Do points get trades first, does a week have higher priority or is it based on first come first served?

View attachment 19625

They do not deposit an actual week, but what they call an "external exchange credit". I think it trades as if it were a week though. You do get a week, and can trade on II just as any other week, same screen, shows up in the same place. So, you can trade up as well. This is what can make this powerful, you can always win on II. Maybe not exactly where you want to go, but not hard to trade up. @Pamplemousse has done this exact thing.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think Marriott deposits a week at all. Don't they use the points and this II chart? If so, the TDI of September in Hawaii is in the 100-110 range. So the OP would need to have at least 2,250 points to secure the trade. How II determines trade power on points is anyone's guess. Do points get trades first, does a week have higher priority or is it based on first come first served?

View attachment 19625
As a rule but it sounds like this was a relatively late deposit though the same principles apply.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 19625
You can choose to have MVC convert points deposit a week.
Or something looks like a week in your account and exchanges like a week- not a points exchange (Not off points charts).
Of course there is no way to know what mvc actually does.
I did this in December and it is sitting in my II account. It’s good for 2 years so it’s a way to keep points from expiring before you use them.
I chose a high season studio and I see lots of options to pay the upsize fee and exchange into 2brs if I want.

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
But is your extremely high demand high power week deposited in II?
If you log onto II, go under exchange, my units, and look you will see what is deposited there.
If you elected your week to points it is not that week anymore.
As I mentioned in post #15 you could have deposited your week into II and exchanged into Marriotts had you not elected it to points first.

An OSG is an ongoing search which is another name for a request which you said you placed months ago.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Hi frank,
I had MVC convert leftover points to a week and deposit it into II and I do see Vistana when I search with it.
If I search with my DC points listed under my units on II I see Vistana that way too.
There is no exchange fee into Vistana either.

I‘m not familiar with Westin but if you tell me where some are located I would be happy to search with my week and let you know.

Thanks for your experiences. So when you deposit DC points it converts to a week. With that week, you can see vistana exchanges with no exchange fees.

With this DC point unit you do not see and Marriott units for exchange?

You can look up some Westins and see if they are available with a DC points unit. KAA and KAN are Westin units on Maui.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your experiences. So when you deposit DC points it converts to a week. With that week, you can see vistana exchanges with no exchange fees.

With this DC point unit you do not see and Marriott units for exchange?

You can look up some Westins and see if they are available with a DC points unit. KAA and KAN are Westin units on Maui.

Almost.
You don’t deposit DC points into II.
You contact MVC and have them convert points into a week deposit on II- you then have a week on II good for 2 years.
To find the chart that shows how many points are needed for different weeks log onto MVC, use my points, interval international.
You can’t exchange into Marriotts, you can exchange into Vistana and non Marriotts.
In order for me to check Westin there Would have to be a unit just sitting available in II. I don’t see anything available for Westin Maui. I don’t know where other Westin’s are to check for you.
edit- I do see Westin in Scottsdale- no exchange fee.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Almost.
You don’t deposit DC points into II.
You contact MVC and have them convert points into a week deposit on II- you then have a week on II good for 2 years.
You can’t exchange into Marriotts, you can exchange into Vistana and non Marriotts.
In order for me to check Westin there Would have to be a unit just sitting available in II. I don’t see anything available for Westin Maui. I don’t know where other Westin’s are to check for you.
edit- I do see Westin in Scottsdale- no exchange fee.
So the block is only for Marriott units. You can still exchange into Sheraton and Westin properties for free. Not a bad deal if you have expiring points and have no other use for them.

Can you deposit points that have 60 day limit? If so does the unit received with those holding points also have the 60 day limitation?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott told me you cannot make an II deposit with holding account points. I called and asked them last week.

It's really not a bad deal at all. So, you can have 2020 points, bank them good until end of 2022 if you are chairman, and then in 2022 get 2 more years to end of 2024 via II and non Marriott. A high TDI studio is 1750 points, which is about $1,000 or so MF. Not too bad, and you can trade up to a 2BR (just like a lockoff) or whatever. For 1,750 points, to be in a 2BR exchanged villa, for (if platinum) < $1,200 in MF isn't too bad (assuming a free exchange). It's actually better than using points at a Marriott in some cases. I can see me using this.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the block is only for Marriott units. You can still exchange into Sheraton and Westin properties for free. Not a bad deal if you have expiring points and have no other use for them.

Can you deposit points that have 60 day limit? If so does the unit received with those holding points also have the 60 day limitation?

Steve answered your question so I’m going to throw in one more piece of advice- with the caveat that I have only done this once-
looking at the points chart for selecting the week to deposit (To find the chart that shows how many points are needed for different weeks log onto MVC, use my points, interval international.) you will see that you could use 1750 for a high season studio or 1500 for a low season 1 br. I selected the high season studio and it seems to trade well on II with lots of opportunity to pay the upsize fee and get 1,2 or even 3 br units. I think I made the right choice choosing the high season smaller unit. But again I have nothing to compare it to.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me throw another wrinkle into this and following Pamplemousse's thoughts. First full disclosure. I haven't exchanged using DC points but I have a ton of II experience and I have knowledge of how points exchanges worked with DVC when they were with II. I'm assuming if you do an instant exchange you must give up the number of points listed based on the exchange chart and the TDI chart. What I often do with my MVC deposits using my "trading weeks" is I make judgements as to what I want to exchange to and how difficult that exchange is likely to be. I always get the best week possible for the situation but sometimes I have to decide whether a deposit that lasts longer is better or one with a higher trade power. I also have to decide which resort deposit I'm going to use and whether to lockoff or take the full 2 BR unit for resorts that have that feature.

Question: if one has a deposit in their II account where they "deposited points", what does it show on the II website? I'm also assuming there's no discount using points directly during flexchange.

So I could see playing games with deposit first using points since it appears one isn't tied to the TDI & points exchange grid in a hard coded way like it was with DVC. So the differences are exchange power, upgrade fees and the like deciding on deposit first with DC points. With DVC if you deposited 150 points and needed 160 for a given exchange you would have been shut out of that exchange. So it's a guessing game as to one's chances of matching a given deposit just like trading a weeks resort. So if you're extremely flexible and need volume, I could see doing 1000 pt studios for deposit. If you have have something specific in mind, say a 2 BR for Maui higher demand time, I could see doing a 2 BR 150 TDI (4500 DC points). I would guess that the best break points would be 1000 pt studios, 2250 studios & 3000 1 BR. Obviously what points one has to play with and the goal (extend expiring points), could play into this decision.

So more food for thought and discussion than anything else.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Use of MVC Points with Interval is always on a Request First basis.
if Interval are unable to fulfil your request, the points are returned to your MVC account.
From the Interval Buyers’ Guide
“Use of the Deposit First method, as explained in more detail in Week- Based Exchange Method, Paragraph 3, is not available to Club Program Members relinquishing Points, as II does not currently accept the deposit of Points..

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me throw another wrinkle into this and following Pamplemousse's thoughts. First full disclosure. I haven't exchanged using DC points but I have a ton of II experience and I have knowledge of how points exchanges worked with DVC when they were with II. I'm assuming if you do an instant exchange you must give up the number of points listed based on the exchange chart and the TDI chart. What I often do with my MVC deposits using my "trading weeks" is I make judgements as to what I want to exchange to and how difficult that exchange is likely to be. I always get the best week possible for the situation but sometimes I have to decide whether a deposit that lasts longer is better or one with a higher trade power. I also have to decide which resort deposit I'm going to use and whether to lockoff or take the full 2 BR unit for resorts that have that feature.

Question: if one has a deposit in their II account where they "deposited points", what does it show on the II website? I'm also assuming there's no discount using points directly during flexchange.

So I could see playing games with deposit first using points since it appears one isn't tied to the TDI & points exchange grid in a hard coded way like it was with DVC. So the differences are exchange power, upgrade fees and the like deciding on deposit first with DC points. With DVC if you deposited 150 points and needed 160 for a given exchange you would have been shut out of that exchange. So it's a guessing game as to one's chances of matching a given deposit just like trading a weeks resort. So if you're extremely flexible and need volume, I could see doing 1000 pt studios for deposit. If you have have something specific in mind, say a 2 BR for Maui higher demand time, I could see doing a 2 BR 150 TDI (4500 DC points). I would guess that the best break points would be 1000 pt studios, 2250 studios & 3000 1 BR. Obviously what points one has to play with and the goal (extend expiring points), could play into this decision.

So more food for thought and discussion than anything else.

Your points ownership shows up on II just like your weeks.
But it just says points, not the number you have.
I have been told by MVC the the 2 systems don’t communicate- II doesn’t know how many points you have.
You can use that points account to search available inventory- the first page asks you how many points you want to use, then it is just like a regular search.
I am not sure if you can go all the way to exchanging there and then MVC would have to confirm you have the points before it is set. I know MVC has told me I can call them to do the II exchange. I have never gone through this process- don’t think I ever will since the only reason I would use DC points on II is to save them from expiring which would require the convert to a week deposit method.
You would not be able to exchange into a Marriott using points on II.

tstreetervp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice/help understanding use of Interval International with a Marriott week deposited. We have an every other year Marriott one-bedroom oceanfront suite in Maui. We ended up NOT using it one year and so we deposited it in Internal International last September (2019) kind of as a last resort or it would be gone with nothing to show. We are looking for a “similar” unit also in Maui, for September 2020. We listed three of the major timeshare properties in Maui very near the Marriott (Hyatt and both Westins in Kaanapali). Those are pretty large properties, and we had a full year to get something. Nothing has come up. I was told “people deposit after the first of the year, so be patient” – yet nothing. Interval International tried to give us two separate properties that are not “Elite” resorts like the Marriott, Hyatt or Westins – in fact those offered were one to two quality steps lower. So my question; why would we not get ANY response for the requested resorts that have hundreds if not thousands of rooms? Someone told me that people rarely deposit Hyatt, Marriott or Westin on Maui. Is that likely true? If so, why they are those properties even listed in Interval isfthe likelihood of getting them is extremely low. This whole thing seems pretty useless to me. What is our best strategy to get something in Maui at least somewhat close in quality to what we deposited? I know COVID has messed everything up so I am asking the question as if we are in a “normal world” since we did put in the request 8 months ago with nothing but lower quality units being offered. I am beginning to think Interval is just not a valuable tool for what we want, but please correct me if I am wrong or I should try different tactics.

I hated my timeshare when I first bought it as I could never trade anywhere then I met the owner of an exchange company and he taught me how to do it. The problem was the week you deposited was not strong enough to get what you wanted and depending upon how far in advance you book that week you deposited probably lowered your trading power so you don’t even have enough trading power to get into Hawaii. Trading is like baseball card you have to give up something good to get something good otherwise you’re trying to trade a Oldsmobile for a Mercedes. A lot of people don’t realize even people that are in Hawaii is certain weeks have a certain value so if you go to the trading demand index when you look up your resort on interval international click on that little blue button and then it’ll show you which each weeks worth and value at the bottom of the scale goes 0 to 150 in the week you trade in Hass to be strong enough to get the week you want and then if the weekly deposit is less than 10 months in advance you lose trading power as well so you probably don’t even have enough trading power to even get a week in Hawaii. So if you didn’t deposit your September 2019 week until August or later in 2019 then your week with a loss tremendous amount of trading power and you never would’ve had enough trading power to get into Hawaii during that time. They never tell you that they just say you’re on the waiting list but as you can see you’ll never get it because if you do it right you have a 97% success rate.
What I want you to do is every year only book weeks 24 through 31 or week seven and book it as close to a year in advance as you can at least more than 10 months. So what you should do is right now and see if you can book week seven for the year 2021 then you will have enough trading power and if you haven’t done anything by this summer then by the end of May this year book any week 24 through 31 for next year 2021. The key is you have to book the best week you have access to one year in advance and then deposit immediately with interval and then you can trade anywhere anytime you want but if you don’t do that first step correctly you’ll never get what you want trust me you just won’t have enough training power. As far as for this year your best option would be to try to book week 5152 if you can which I doubt you can get so then try to book 24 through 31 this year with your 2020 week and then immediately deposit it with Interval. Good luck and I wrote a book Timeshare tips and tricks you can get it on Amazon that details the exact process

Attachments

• 4AC8AE32-8FC3-403E-881D-F44BDAA66144.jpeg
    4AC8AE32-8FC3-403E-881D-F44BDAA66144.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 34

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
if Interval are unable to fulfil your request, the points are returned to your MVC account.
“Use of the Deposit First method, as explained in more detail in Week- Based Exchange Method, Paragraph 3, is not available to Club Program Members relinquishing Points, as II does not currently accept the deposit of Points..
Based on the OP and other, it doesn't seem that it was request first. They were able to deposit the points as a "quasi week" based on the number of points they had that they were going to lose to expiration. So it seems that MVC converts the points to some kind of weeks deposit and throws that in to II.

It seems there are two different scenarios at play, just a regular II exchange using points and also using II to save expiring points. I think the part you referenced is about a regular II exchange using points where everything else in this thread is a situation where people are saving expiring points by using II.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hated my timeshare when I first bought it as I could never trade anywhere then I met the owner of an exchange company and he taught me how to do it. The problem was the week you deposited was not strong enough to get what you wanted and depending upon how far in advance you book that week you deposited probably lowered your trading power so you don’t even have enough trading power to get into Hawaii. Trading is like baseball card you have to give up something good to get something good otherwise you’re trying to trade a Oldsmobile for a Mercedes. A lot of people don’t realize even people that are in Hawaii is certain weeks have a certain value so if you go to the trading demand index when you look up your resort on interval international click on that little blue button and then it’ll show you which each weeks worth and value at the bottom of the scale goes 0 to 150 in the week you trade in Hass to be strong enough to get the week you want and then if the weekly deposit is less than 10 months in advance you lose trading power as well so you probably don’t even have enough trading power to even get a week in Hawaii. So if you didn’t deposit your September 2019 week until August or later in 2019 then your week with a loss tremendous amount of trading power and you never would’ve had enough trading power to get into Hawaii during that time. They never tell you that they just say you’re on the waiting list but as you can see you’ll never get it because if you do it right you have a 97% success rate.
What I want you to do is every year only book weeks 24 through 31 or week seven and book it as close to a year in advance as you can at least more than 10 months. So what you should do is right now and see if you can book week seven for the year 2021 then you will have enough trading power and if you haven’t done anything by this summer then by the end of May this year book any week 24 through 31 for next year 2021. The key is you have to book the best week you have access to one year in advance and then deposit immediately with interval and then you can trade anywhere anytime you want but if you don’t do that first step correctly you’ll never get what you want trust me you just won’t have enough training power. As far as for this year your best option would be to try to book week 5152 if you can which I doubt you can get so then try to book 24 through 31 this year with your 2020 week and then immediately deposit it with Interval. Good luck and I wrote a book Timeshare tips and tricks you can get it on Amazon that details the exact process
I've made this point several times on various thread's over the past few months but it's very applicable to your post. The TDI is not standardized and as such 150 in HI has almost no relationship to 150 in say Orlando, LV or Branson. It's only relative to the region of the resort you're looking at.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But can't you do a deposit of a week using points? If not you can do an exchange then later cancel it and have a deposit, correct?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Ghamrick:
To the best of my knowledge, the Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach has not been reported as an Exchange via II by anyone. Since the current travel environment is so odd, where there are dozens of Marriott Hawaii weeks sitting online, I won't say the Hyatt will never appear, just that it hasn't appeared yet. I'm just letting you know the odds of getting the Hyatt are slim to none for all of us. Also, we haven't seen September weeks for KAA, KAN, and WNA appear online yet.

Have you searched online in II? If not, do it now, and do it as often as possible.
Exchange > Vacation Exchange
Select All Regions
Enter today's date
Enter the date 2 years from now (the system will revert to an earlier date if your deposit expires before then)
Leave Adults at 1
Continue
You will now see ALL Regions that currently have some inventory in II.
Select Hawaii, Maui
See the Resort which currently have weeks available

Yes, your Ongoing Search is searching for you, but you must get to know "what is always available in online inventory, and what is "rarely available in online inventory". This is part of the learning curve.

Right this minute, there are 2 weeks for mid-May at WNA and 1 week for end of June at KAN. I can see them with a Marriott week and with a non-Marriott week. You should be able to see those. Please confirm.

The difficulty you are facing is Westin Owners have preference for Westin/Sheraton properties. Marriott Owners have secondary priority to those properties. The "unit" that has been deposited for you in II is blocked from trading into other Marriotts. I do not know whether it has any priority for Westin/Sheraton.

There are 3 Westins on Maui. I suggest you enter all of them into your Ongoing Search. KAA, KAN, WNA. I would also enter the Westin Princeville WPV on Kauai. If your goal is to travel this September, you are running out of time and you need to be flexible to salvage this week.

How many DC points did you tell Marriott to convert for this week in II? Because you had Marriott Vacation Club convert those points, you extended their expiration date for 2 years, to use for a non-Marriott exchange.

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
But can't you do a deposit of a week using points? If not you can do an exchange then later cancel it and have a deposit, correct?

There are 2 distinct things that can happen on II with DC points-

1) MVC takes the number of points you choose and deposits the week size/ TDI you pick from the chart on mvc- (use points, interval international) into II. This exchanges as a week- no points involved at all- just like any other week except you can’t exchange into a Marriott. It’s good for 2 years so it’s a way to extend points. You pay an exchange fee except for Vistana and Westin, you can pay an upsize fee for a larger unit, you can buy eplus. I believe this would be subject to II’s regular cancellation rules.

2) You can do a points exchange with DC points on II- but you don’t deposit the points into II. I believe this is what bazzap means by “request first”- the points are still yours (as an undeposited week would be with request first) unless you confirm an exchange. In addition to placing an II request using the DC points you can do a manual search to see what is currently available on II using your points account. I have been told by MVC they they are not connected to II and MVC would need to be involved to confirm a manual exchange using points. Still can’t exchange into a Marriott, expiration date of points is unchanged. I don’t know what would happen if you cancelled an exchange made with DC points on II.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your points ownership shows up on II just like your weeks.
But it just says points, not the number you have.
I have been told by MVC the the 2 systems don’t communicate- II doesn’t know how many points you have.
You can use that points account to search available inventory- the first page asks you how many points you want to use, then it is just like a regular search.
I am not sure if you can go all the way to exchanging there and then MVC would have to confirm you have the points before it is set. I know MVC has told me I can call them to do the II exchange. I have never gone through this process- don’t think I ever will since the only reason I would use DC points on II is to save them from expiring which would require the convert to a week deposit method.
You would not be able to exchange into a Marriott using points on II.
I am also not using points for II as I have weeks for that. Just asking if I have points that will expire. I do have 2 years to use current points so it would have to be dire that I have not used allotted points in 2 years.

Since I use II weeks for trade mainly, I book points reservations for hard to get weeks like 51 and 52 at MKO. Then I patiently wait for exchanges and then cancel the points reservation.

I have checked my points account in II and do not see where I can trade points for an exchange.

Thanks to all that are sharing their knowledge..

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also not using points for II as I have weeks for that. Just asking if I have points that will expire. I do have 2 years to use current points so it would have to be dire that I have not used allotted points in 2 years.

Since I use II weeks for trade mainly, I book points reservations for hard to get weeks like 51 and 52 at MKO. Then I patiently wait for exchanges and then cancel the points reservation.

I have checked my points account in II and do not see where I can trade points for an exchange.

Thanks to all that are sharing their knowledge..

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

frank-

If you own points you should be able to log onto II select exchange, then my units see your points account.
This is how mine looks.
1587831730991.png

Last edited:

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Great conversation as usual. Sorry for being a noob with II and Marriott. So if I have a Platinum Week at Marriott Harbour Lake, the highest demand seems to be week 51 and 52. What is the best way to trade this to get into HI? Do I pick week 52 and then exchange it into II or do I exchange the floating week? Last time I used II, I had a fixed week with DRI. Thanks!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great conversation as usual. Sorry for being a noob with II and Marriott. So if I have a Platinum Week at Marriott Harbour Lake, the highest demand seems to be week 51 and 52. What is the best way to trade this to get into HI? Do I pick week 52 and then exchange it into II or do I exchange the floating week? Last time I used II, I had a fixed week with DRI. Thanks!
Ideally you reserve the highest TDI week in your season on MVC and deposit it into II.
You have to reserve a week on MVC- you can’t deposit a float with Marriott.
You can do it all right there on line on mvc- you can find the earliest reservation date in the top.s section of mvc.

Once your week is deposited into II it is good for 2 years.
Place a request ASAP as far in advance as possible- TDI means nothing if there are no units available to exchange into. If you can request 13 months + in advance you will be there waiting when Marriott owners begin depositing.
There are instructional videos on II in the general discussion section of the community if you need help to p,ace a request ( also called ongoing search OGS).

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Week 52 is Platinum Plus at Harbour Lake, so unless you own week 52, you can't reserve it or deposit it. You could instead reserve week 51 then you deposit that week in to II.

As a side note to what @Pamplemousse indicated. When you deposit a week, it is good for two years past the checkin date of the week. Not necessarily two years from when you deposit it.