- Jun 3, 2004
- Reaction score
- Aiken, SC, USA
- Resorts Owned
- Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Communications from TUGBBS are sent to the email address in your TUGBBS profile. It is important that you have a valid email address on record so that you can:
- receive and act on the initial registration confirmation email
- reset your password if lost
- receive notifications of private conversations from other users on the board (if you have not disabled this option in your profile)
- receive notifications of new posts in subscribed threads and forums
- You must be logged into the board via your TUGBBS username and TUGBBS password. If you are unable to log in see this post.
- Click your Username in the dark blue bar near the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Change button beside your email address.
- Enter the updated email address and your current BBS password.
Be very sure you enter a valid working email address from which you can retrieve your mail.
IMPORTANT - If this address rejects mail from addresses not entered into a 'whitelist', please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to this whitelist -- access it by logging into your mail account's web page.
Some people prefer to use separate email addresses for the TUGBBS and TUG Member functions, and that's fine. Using the same address in these functions makes it easier for us to locate your accounts when assistance is needed.
To update your TUG Member email address, see this post in the About The Rest of TUG forum.