• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to find season value at Westgate VV

JayGeeBee

Reaction score
Hi,

We have owned week 16 at Westgate Vacation Villas for many years. This coming year we want to switch from week 16 (mid-April) to week 11 (mid-March) and were surprised to hear that we would have to pay the seasonal upgrade charge of $500 as our week is of lesser value.

How can that be?

Where can one find a list of week values?

TIA

John

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In most timeshare systems, if you buy a week in a particular season, you are limited to reserving a week in that season. The owners of high season weeks usually pay a premium to buy a high season week. Most resorts would charge you more in points or $$$ to reserve in a higher season than you own.

I am going to move your post to the Westgate forum, where you will get expert help.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a reliable list of values. The best I can suggest is go to II webpage, find your resort WVV and check their demand index for your week. Week 16 is shown as slightly lower than #11 but its all relative and certainly not a binding rating. Since you have owned week 16 for many years is it a fixed week or a floating week ? Have you traded it in the past ? Some developers, Westgate included, require a seasonal upgrade charge but a $500 charge in this case does not sound right unless there is a major holiday. Sounds to me like you may have spoken to an ignorant Westgate staff member. I would go back and discuss your specific case with a supervisor. Good luck.

K.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Where can one find a list of week values?

John

The Westgate Owners Guide has info for their resorts that break most down by week. As an owner- you can log in and access a PDF version if you don't have your hard copy. Vacation Villas all show as fixed usage- but for season reference (as it would relate to upgrade fees) I believe you should refer to the Town Center calendar.. Value being the lowest rated season, All the next step up, and Fixed being the highest plateau.

Value 1–4, 16–21, 35–46, 48–50
All 5, 8–13, 22–25, 27–34, 47
Fixed 6, 7, 14, 15, 26, 51, 52

JayGeeBee

Reaction score
The Westgate Owners Guide has info for their resorts that break most down by week. As an owner- you can log in and access a PDF version if you don't have your hard copy. Vacation Villas all show as fixed usage- but for season reference (as it would relate to upgrade fees) I believe you should refer to the Town Center calendar.. Value being the lowest rated season, All the next step up, and Fixed being the highest plateau.

I spent a half hour on the phone with Westgate today, most of it with a supervisor. Eventually he gave me the same list as you have posted except that he called "All" "Off Season" and "Fixed" "Premium". The seasonal upgrade fee for Value is $500 for Off Season and $750 for Premium.

The crazy thing is that the fee would be $500 to trade my week 16 (mid-April) for a July or August week! That is insane. He admitted that the week we want this year (11, mid-March) will have plenty of vacancies while my week 16 will be full or nearly so. I asked if maybe I misunderstood and they were going to pay me $500 :D

Finally he offered a 50% cut in the fee to $250. I told him where he could put that offer for safe keeping.

JayGeeBee

Reaction score
RCI an option?

My wife talked with RCI today who said that WVV is red all year. They would be glad to take our week 16 and give us a week 11 in trade.

She did not ask about any fees so that may be the hangup. Surely it is less than Westgate's $500 seasonal fee or even the cut rate of $250 that they offered me.

Any problems going this route?

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will need to join RCI if you are not already a member, and that will cost you a yearly fee, plus there will be an exchange fee to trade your week for a different week at Westgate or elsewhere. Bottom line, it should still be slightly cheaper than $250.00 and much less than $500.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The slime runs thick at Wastegate and II. Don't step in it.

Of course when it was SOLD it was all equal. Those so called "valuations" were only done in the past 3-4 years. Yet another great example of the total ripoff and owner negative, manipulating Wastegate operation.

$500 to change seasons when until 2004 or 2005 is was a n/c change? You think Wyndham changes the rules? And this is with a FIXED WEEK. (Which, in another typical slime move, Wastegate won't give to II if you dare to ask to exchange. They will assign some off season week and, worse yet, II accepts it!. You don't own it, you own a deeded fixed week, but they take it. II - in the same league with Wastegate in almost every way).

So go to RCI where rules and ownership actually mean something, get your true deeded week credited and exchange back in for $169 or less. Tell Wastegate and II to pound salt and kiss up to each other as they always love to do. Two snakes in the grass if there ever were.