• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How soon do points show up

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If one cancels a reservation in 60 day discount window, how much lag time is their between when one cancels a reservation and when one can use those points to rebook the reservation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
no time. I would suggest reading the directory a few times.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Use a high-lighter; read 3 times each time with a different colored highlighter; look up terms in the glossary in the back of the member directory.

I truly believe Wyndham had technical writers write and modify the Member Directory ... the terms are used to concisely and correctly thru out the book. Yes, it is a PICTURE BOOK ... and if you paid $50,000 for your kid to go to college or a trade school and they NEVER studied their text books .... you would have some UN-NICE words with them.

You should have done the exact thing if you brought ANY WYNDHAM timeshare and been paying thousands per year in MAINTENANCE FEES ... don't let the kid know you have a vastly lower standard for YOURSELF than them when spending your hard earn money.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK I get it, guess I deserve that. If anyone would like to reply it would be appreciated, in the mean time if anyone one else would like to get their knocks in lets get it over with, and I also try to conform.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the OP, this is actually pretty confusing, so no need to apologize, other than for being like most people.

The points are available immediately, and you CAN see them online only if you try to book a reservation - they will show in the totals available for booking on the booking screen immediately.

However, if you look at your points total, they do not show in your points summary right away. In my limited experience, they show the next day, but it could be the next business day maybe - it takes some time for them to show in your summary.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK I get it, guess I deserve that. If anyone would like to reply it would be appreciated, in the mean time if anyone one else would like to get their knocks in lets get it over with, and I also try to conform.

Truly my intent was to mark up the Member Directory to aid with your understanding and learning - new directories come about every 2 years. My earliest directory has 3 or 4 different highlight colors used.

Truly not knocking you. I am from the generation who did NOT write in nice and pretty picture books. Or in text books.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You can also check your curent point point balance by going to:

* My Membership
* RCI - External Exchanges
* Request to Deposit My Points with RCI
* Request RCI Deposit

On this page you'll see your total points available (excluding points in your credit pool). This is a nice way to check your points real time.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, right now I have the time to gain as much info as possible. Hence the the topics are driven by circumstance. September 1st I wanted to be ready to try
My first try at booking in the discount period. Vacationhopefull, I agree, and have reviewed several times the directory, and fully agree. I am the one who
Never cracked the books. This is the most reading I have done in years. Lol my kids turned out to be the studious ones. I don't have any intent to mega rent, merely get the
Most of what I own.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
A VIP owner has TENS of thousands of dollars into the Wyndham product....esp if a Platinum owner. No if, and or buts about it.

Plus, then a VIP owner is paying thousands per year in maintenance fees.

No wonder that at some point in time, even a VIP owner dumps their Wyndham ownership ... it is the sucking sound.

I attended the funeral of GOLD VIP owner on Saturday ... my first exposure to Wyndham vacation club and the Wyndham's Owner's Updates meeting. Great guy with decades of service to his country. He was the planner in using his points .... this years points most likely have all booked but I would bet most of 2016 are sitting in the Member Number. Will have to reach out to the "new" keeper of the crypt around mid-October ... if I don't get a call sooner.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oddly, I just cancelled a 203 K point reservation to make a 154 K reservation for the exact same dates and it said I didn't have enough points. I hope it is just a glitch in the new system, but I am not happy to have to use another RT tomorrow since I had been trying to do it all transactions tonight :(

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oddly, I just cancelled a 203 K point reservation to make a 154 K reservation for the exact same dates and it said I didn't have enough points. I hope it is just a glitch in the new system, but I am not happy to have to use another RT tomorrow since I had been trying to do it all transactions tonight :(

First are you sure?

Second the points may have been borrowed from another use year and went back there.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any borrowed, credit pooled or cancelled points and these reservations were too far out to have borrowed points to make them :( I had borrowed some from next year into the current year, but those trips have been taken. It was weird! I'll call today and hopefully it can get sorted out.

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me this morning. Cancelled a 203K point reservation and then not enough points to make a new 203K reserv. Called in and the VC could see the 203K cancel but for some reason only 121.5K points came back.

She had me hold for about 20 minutes and had to escalate up twice but she was eventually able to get it fixed. Said it was a glitch in the system. I would agree with that.

Seems like Wyndham's computers are having momentary lapses of reason with regard to returning the full cancel point value. Definitely a good idea if you are cancelling a reservation anytime soon to ensure you get all the points back.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
There were some points missing, but owner care was super friendly and helpful and fixed everything :cheer:

I know now to make sure I am more strict in accounting my points before I go to make reservations!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
There were some points missing, but owner care was super friendly and helpful and fixed everything :cheer:

I know now to make sure I am more strict in accounting my points before I go to make reservations!

Did they also give you a reservation transaction to use today, since you couldn't complete your business yesterday?

It's going to be a pain in the butt for a lot of people to have to track cancelled points...

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
They didn't - I didn't ask as I was just happy to get everything resolved, and I have more than enough RTs left to do what I need to do before I get new ones (it is more the principle of it that bothered me). If I were afraid that I wouldn't have enough, I would have asked, and she was so nice, she probably would have accommodated me.

It is definitely going to be a pain to keep track of all of the points, but I definitely recommend doing it - I probably should have all along. I was very lucky that I had nothing currently in the credit pool to make it hard to track anything.

At the very least, screenshot your points and current reservations before you start making any new reservations, so if something goes awry, it will be easier to track what happened.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they also give you a reservation transaction to use today, since you couldn't complete your business yesterday?

It's going to be a pain in the butt for a lot of people to have to track cancelled points...

That is an understatement! Now I'm concerned because I have not been keeping tight track on # of points. How do I know whether I've gotten them all back or not. Hmmm.