• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long to pull points/deposit bonus for RCI?

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked an RCI exchange through the HIVC portal yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes them to pull the points out of my HIVC account?

Also, has anyone received the 50% rebate on points used for RCI? I'm hoping to book another reservation right away using those points, so when they arrive and what the expiry would be matters quite a bit. Any experiences appreciated!

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
I just booked an RCI exchange through the HIVC portal yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes them to pull the points out of my HIVC account?

Also, has anyone received the 50% rebate on points used for RCI? I'm hoping to book another reservation right away using those points, so when they arrive and what the expiry would be matters quite a bit. Any experiences appreciated!
Points are usually deducted the next day. I too booked yesterday, and it did not show up today. I was wondering if they have to manually to do these deduction due to the 50% refund?

About a month ago someone from OL called me to issue refund for a canceled May reservation, due to the covid, and they made several manual movement of points. I also asked about a March reservation that I was never able to cancel, and she also issued refund both points and fees. Great service, but I did noticed that they took about 3 days to correct all the points movement. This is the first time I have seen them to this. Points included borrowed points too that were moved around.

I will update here if and when they deduct the points. Mine are to be borrowed from next year. Was your reservation current points or borrowed?

Tony

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points are usually deducted the next day. I too booked yesterday, and it did not show up today. I was wondering if they have to manually to do these deduction due to the 50% refund?

About a month ago someone from OL called me to issue refund for a canceled May reservation, due to the covid, and they made several manual movement of points. I also asked about a March reservation that I was never able to cancel, and she also issued refund both points and fees. Great service, but I did noticed that they took about 3 days to correct all the points movement. This is the first time I have seen them to this. Points included borrowed points too that were moved around.

I will update here if and when they deduct the points. Mine are to be borrowed from next year. Was your reservation current points or borrowed?

Tony

Thanks! My reservation is actually using 2019 points. I'm really hoping the expiry of the refunded points goes into 2021, as they would be much more usable for me. Otherwise I'll probably just end up booking something else with RCI to use them up.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Thanks! My reservation is actually using 2019 points. I'm really hoping the expiry of the refunded points goes into 2021, as they would be much more usable for me. Otherwise I'll probably just end up booking something else with RCI to use them up.
I saw they issue an extension of 6 month to both 2019 and 2020 points. So 2019 should expire on June 2021 and 2020 should expire on June 2022.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw they issue an extension of 6 month to both 2019 and 2020 points. So 2019 should expire on June 2021 and 2020 should expire on June 2022.

Ah, you're thinking the 50% rebate will be the same expiry as the points used? That would be great.

I was thinking the 50% rebate points might expire 12/31/20 (like the 50k bonus points).

Hopefully you're right!

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Ah, you're thinking the 50% rebate will be the same expiry as the points used? That would be great.

I was thinking the 50% rebate points might expire 12/31/20 (like the 50k bonus points).

Hopefully you're right!

The 50% rebate I do not know much about. I could not find any info besides a screen shot. I could not find small print on that promo, but I would think that would end soon, like the current $199 and $99 exchange fee promo. The 6 month extension is for the regular account points that you get for your deeds/units. The free 50k points do expire this year.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
The 50% rebate I do not know much about. I could not find any info besides a screen shot. I could not find small print on that promo, but I would think that would end soon, like the current $199 and $99 exchange fee promo. The 6 month extension is for the regular account points that you get for your deeds/units. The free 50k points do expire this year.

Here is the screen shot. It says the rebate is until 12/31/20. That is pretty good!
1afa29f05c7c6ca439ace6a2a945bdca.jpg

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got that via email. There was no fine print or details or anything. Hopefully those points have a decent expiry date. I won't likely be able to use any HIVC points at HIVC resorts in 2020 at this point, but am planning Scottsdale for March 2021. Ideally would like to use the rebated points toward that trip.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
They just made the point deduction. It was a 154k point reservation in RCI. They took the free 50k and borrowed 104k from next year. They issue a "point used" credit of 104k and a 25k credit... This could be like last time where on the 3rd day they, or the system, moved points around. I now show that I have 25k left for this year when they should have used those. I don't mind that as I could still take a couple of last minute deals in RCI.

Let me know how it works for you.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine just came out as well. They used a combination of 2019 and 2020 points for me, and then rebates for half of each amount. I've never done an RCI exchange via HIVC before, but it came out as multiple transactions which I thought was odd.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Mine just came out as well. They used a combination of 2019 and 2020 points for me, and then rebates for half of each amount. I've never done an RCI exchange via HIVC before, but it came out as multiple transactions which I thought was odd.
Give it another day or two and see if the points get shuffled. That is what I expect.

I have done several exchanges and most of them by borrowing from the following year, which takes a little more time. The RCI reps that handle our direct line are very knowledgeable, I have found.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give it another day or two and see if the points get shuffled. That is what I expect.

I have done several exchanges and most of them by borrowing from the following year, which takes a little more time. The RCI reps that handle our direct line are very knowledgeable, I have found.

I hope so. I made a reservation for March 2021 after this, planning to use the refunded points.

It didn't take any of the 2019 refunded points, it left them all, so it doesnt look like it refunded them with the 6/2021 expiry date.

It also left me 50k 2020 points and used my 2021 points instead. So it appears that the rci reservation didn't use the 50k complimentary points that expire 12/2020.

I'm hoping they all shuffle, but I guess I'll see if I can find someone to shuffle things manually if not. I especially want those 50k complimentary points used in my RCI trade, as I'm unlikely to use them otherwise.