• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long have you lived here, dear husband?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Today my husband decided to make soup. Chicken taco soup, his favorite crockpot recipe. He gets the chicken but is going through every pantry drawer. I ask him what he is looking for, "I am trying to find the vegetables for the soup." They are where they always have been, since you remodeled the kitchen in 1997. They are in the drawer on the right side of the pantry, third drawer down. I have the front of the white drawer labeled VEGETABLES.

If it was just once, that would be fine, but it's all of the time. He never knows where the pasta is, the refried beans, the canned soup, nothing at all clicks. I told him to organize the pantry any way he wants to make it so he isn't looking everywhere for the things he needs. I will figure it out after a single look. But he needs to re-label the drawers accordingly. He is in the process right now, but he says the vegetables are in a good spot. Not really, if he cannot ever find them.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Your husband is much slier than you suspect....

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm the one that has to keep asking where things are, and where they go. Dh is the cook in the family. :D

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have few labels on storage areas, but that isn't why my loving DW can't find the _______ ??? So now when she asks (again) where is the ____________, I just say, 'Y'know, if you took an active role in putting away the groceries, or emptying the dishwasher, or bringing stuff from the garage/pantry/storage shed to replenish supplies, you'd KNOW where it was because you'd have put it there.

<ducking>

Jim

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I call no fair. So, let's say the shower drain is backing up. Where are the tools needed to repair that? And maybe there's a broken sprinkler. Where are the tools and parts that might be necessary?

I ceded control of the kitchen to my wife a long time ago. She is the Queen of Organization and I confess that I am not.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I live alone. I have to do both the kitchen and the "honey-do-list" items. I call no fair.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Several years ago on 4th of July my Father n law was here and asked me where something was in our kitchen. I told him I didn't know and he proceeded to read me the riot act because I didn't know. My wife and son do the main cooking and I stay out of the kitchen for the most part for good reason. My wife likes to bake more then anything and has about 15 drawers/cabinets full of her baking things.
The 5th of July all I heard all day was my wife complaining about doesn't anyone else know where things go? I've seen this before after my son puts things away. I sort of just sit back and (in my head,smile) and that's why I don't do much in the kitchen. Oh, then my wife will say "I wasn't upset". Married 32 years.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In our household it does not matter who does what. I am always the one who is asked to find everything, from the pantry, refrigerator, utensils to tools in the closet. Heck, even help on his computer.

That must be because you have an uterine locating device. ;)

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Several years ago on 4th of July my Father n law was here and asked me where something was in our kitchen. I told him I didn't know and he proceeded to read me the riot act because I didn't know. My wife and son do the main cooking and I stay out of the kitchen for the most part for good reason. My wife likes to bake more then anything and has about 15 drawers/cabinets full of her baking things.
The 5th of July all I heard all day was my wife complaining about doesn't anyone else know where things go? I've seen this before after my son puts things away. I sort of just sit back and (in my head,smile) and that's why I don't do much in the kitchen. Oh, then my wife will say "I wasn't upset". Married 32 years.

Don't ---- change ---- a ---- thing!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am the one who can‘t find things in the home. My DH cooks for me every night!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You did not want to tell my mother that you couldn't find something because you didn't put it where it belonged or you were being too lazy to use your eyes and your brain. She wasn't going to help you look because whatever it was didn't belong to her, she didn't wear it, wasn't the one who played with it, used it, need it, etc. If it was something that was causing other people to wait on you or be inconvenienced her final line was "And I suggest you get busy and find it." There was an implied consequence that remained unknown to me because I was always motivated to find said object. While she wouldn't help you look she would offer encouragement in suggesting you think about what you were doing or where you were when you last had whatever it was you were in search of.

I've been married for 42 years to a man who literally has no idea, not a clue, when you ask him what he was doing or where he was when he last had something he can't find. This is a discussion we've had many times over the years and if I can't in some way answer those questions for him he is just sol. For example a couple of weeks ago we were making soup and he held up a yellow net bag with four onions in it, asked how many I wanted cut up and I said two. A couple of days later he was making dinner and I heard him opening and closing every cupboard, drawer, the refrigerator with his mumbling getting increasingly louder. He couldn't find the remaining two onions and needed them for what he was making. I came out and looked everywhere he looked and several unlikely places that had him saying "Why the hell would I put them there?" There aren't nearly enough times that I refrain from answering questions like that but with being quarantined I decided it would be better to restrain myself and avoid aggravating him any further. In the end we surmised that the remaining two onions must have been getting a little soft so he threw them out. It's either that or someone entered our house while we slept and stole just two onions! I have to add that thanks to him living for 6 months on his own when we moved to Florida our kitchen is still more his than mine. However my unparalleled expertise in loading the dishwasher is still required, I'm asked to advise and am graciously allowed to make periodic guest chef appearances.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
My DH has the kitchen all figured out....He doesn't cook
There is a time to be silent for a man in the kitchen/house..Your DH, has learned a very valuable lesson tool. Silent is Golden. Stay out of the kitchen. IMHO. LOL:LOL::LOL:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Cliff is in awe of my item location skills. Today, since he couldn't get his urologist to answer the phone he decided to go over there. Of course by the time he gets organized to do so it's after 4pm. I said I'd go since I'd just called a Rx in down the street. Do you have your old bottle with you and the GoodRx paperwork in case CVS is too high priced? No. Well go get them. Where are they? Where ever you last had them. Five minutes later he's back and ready to go. As we're driving I say, I bet they'll have a sign on the door regarding Covid hours so write down what it says because neither of us can remember anything any more. I don't have a pad or a pen. Use mine. He finds the door closed, no note, just a phone number he writes down to check to see if it is different from the number he is calling.

Over to pick up my Rx. Our GP is in same building. Why don't you go ask her to write you a Rx for your wee, wee wee pills? Good idea. Gets out of the car, gets mask and gloves on. Now finds no bottle with the old Rx. Checks front seat, back seat, no bottle. Did you set it down while you wrote down urologist's phone number? No I didn't. Well while we're nearby, why don't we go back and check. Bottle was sitting on the steps at doctor's office just where he left it.

This is my life, and has been for 35 plus years because Mr. Engineer, Mr. PhD in mechanical engineering, has no common sense gene whatsoever. Our first date was a Mensa function; they ought to deduct entry eligibility IQ points for lack of being able to back track (that is a foreign concept to him; he can almost do it with my prodding but it doesn't come natural to him) and lack of simple common sense. Oh, and lack of being able to stare at a suitcase, and figure out how long you are going to be gone and how much underwear you need. Even if you have to count on your fingers like I do! I always recheck his underwear, otherwise he runs out before my pre-planned laundry day. All other packing I leave to him, which is why we have a picture of us at the Mission Inn on my 60th birthday, with him using his pajama top turned backwards as a "sweater" under his sport coat. He'd packed neither shirt nor tie. Luckily coat was tweedy beige/brown and pajamas were jersey ski type and brown. Life would be so dull without him!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Rick went to Costco yesterday to get some major supplies, and I mean huge numbers of canned goods and Rao's marinara, and a lot of stuff we already had. He set it all on the counter because he has no idea where to put the stuff because he over bought.

Now vegetables will be in two pantry drawers, and not how they are marked, so that should create some new conversations. I had a nearly empty drawer to put the exorbitant quantities of vegetables because my snack drawer is about empty. Rick still has his cookies in that drawer, so maybe it will dawn on him that vegetables are all in the one drawer.

He was running around the house today to find joint compound and drywall tape. He was really funny. He kept saying he used it last at the townhouse. Nope, you used it last in the dining room. I told him I didn't put it in the china closet, and all that is in there is the china closet and dining table, so I think that is a waste of time looking there.

He finally found it in the basement, where it should be. The joint compound could easily freeze in our detached garage.