• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How does Ocean Pointe Silver Season Trade

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone knows how Marriott Ocean Pointe silver season trades through Interval World.

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister owns silver season at OP and she has gotten some great trades, all outside of flexchange. Let's see if I can remember:

Disney's Villas at Wilderness Lodge - late September/early October - 2 BR OP for 2 BR VWL

Marriott's Surfwatch, HHI - late August, BEFORE Labor Day - 1 BR OP for 2 BR SW

Marriott's Newport Coast Villas - first week December - 1 BR OP for 2 BR NCV

That's it, I think. She's only had it 5 years and one of the years, she stayed there during her season. She hasn't done anything with 2008 yet and I don't know what she did with her studios the years that she split.

I do know that the year that she got Disney, she put request in about February and got confirmed within a week. She also got an AC that time and used it for a 1 BR at Westgate Smokey Mountain in April that same year.

Hope that helps a little.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We haven't traded out master suite yet and we've owned since 2001. We have traded the studio and have done reasonably getting 1 and sometimes 2 bedroom units for it but, we've almost always exchanged into Branson, MO which is one of those overdeveloped places in timesharing.

One thing to consider, Marriott is building a brand new resort within 1 mile, Oceana Palms. Oceana Palms doesn't have a silver season, only gold and platinum. Most of OP's silver season falls into the gold season of Oceana Palms but I think I remember seeing were a couple fall into Oceana Palms platinum season. Personally, I think Marriott made a mistake even making a silver season at Ocean Pointe and it seems the agree with me.

I'd still keep in mind that, for internal trades, even if silver season really is better than what silver season should be, Marriott will still probably give it that silver season weight for exchange purposes. However when exchanging outside Marriott, Interval won't care how Marriott ranks the unit.

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was just wondering why the new Marriott Ocean Palms 2 miles away from Ocean Pointe has most of the Ocean Pointe silver weeks listed as either gold or platinum at their location. So, I thought the Ocean Pointe silver season may be a good deal and a good trader.

Last edited: