• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How does Bluegreen work?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
With all the Marriott issues going on right now BG is looking more like my speed so looking for a little help from you veterans of BG.

So how does a regular old BG points package work without all the bells and whistles of Traveller Plus etc.

What are the club fees, exchange fees, housekeeping fees and any other fees. What is included in any fees?

I'm thinking of BG because I like the resorts I've been to but not sure I need all the extra bonus time and upgrade stuff, so what do you get with the basic just buying BG points resale package.

Also, are BG points a points is points kind of club? Does it matter where you own if you travel mostly off season?

I already have a free (Wyndham) and paid (RCI points) RCI account so was hoping that BG would give me an II account instead so looking for an II resort or do they just give you an RCI account for free? I hope not. :(

Thanks for any replies.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Wow, so much Marriott chatter. Any BG owners care to share?
Thanks.

bm408

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm actually wondering the same thing! I was looking at Marriott, but with the changes going on, I'm going to hold off for awhile - let the dust settle.

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris, I may have answered this on a different thread?

The answer, especially given all the Marriott chatter, is that Bluegreen's points system works very very well!

With Bluegreen, you can book at 11 months from travel date for full or partial week reservations. There is no booking or exchange fee regardless of where your points are deeded. (In other words, if you own at the Fountains and book at Big Cedar, no problem!). There is also no housekeeping fee for partial week stays nor any guest certificate fee.

Club fees are (I believe) $310 per year. Maintenance fees are .0405 per point.

It does not matter at all where you own UNLESS you are one of the rare beasts who wants to go to your owned week every year. Those people aren't common in Bluegreen.

If you want to stretch your points, you can make Sun-Fri reservations and save quite a lot of points.

BG gives you a free RCI Weeks account. You can join II if you want (I did) and deposit certain BG resorts into it, but heck, with what is happening with Marriott, we may not want to own be in II anymore :)

Anita

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, was reading the Marriott posts for general info; decided I didn't need that high level of drama around post #1000 or page 21. :eek:

Bluegreen Resorts? Are the owners a happy bunch? Are the resorts clean? Are the MFs reasonable? Can I find the resorts in fun or pretty places? Do I have to get another advance TS degree in how to use their system?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Well I signed up on the Yahoo BG group and so far it looks like everyone is happy including Anita. Very informative group.

I'm staying at Solara this week so hoping it will work for me. I visited the resort when they built it about 15 years ago but didn't buy at that time. Actually I did buy but then rescinded. It was called Bethel Beach club back then but it looks like it's just as nice today as it was back then, at least from the pictures. It's really only a hop skip and a jump from my home and this would be a great alternative to owning a second home since I see they allow you day privileges and bonus time. :D

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
The answer, especially given all the Marriott chatter, is that Bluegreen's points system works very very well!

With Bluegreen, you can book at 11 months from travel date for full or partial week reservations. There is no booking or exchange fee regardless of where your points are deeded. (In other words, if you own at the Fountains and book at Big Cedar, no problem!). There is also no housekeeping fee for partial week stays nor any guest certificate fee.

Club fees are (I believe) $310 per year. Maintenance fees are .0405 per point.

It does not matter at all where you own UNLESS you are one of the rare beasts who wants to go to your owned week every year. Those people aren't common in Bluegreen.

If you want to stretch your points, you can make Sun-Fri reservations and save quite a lot of points.

BG gives you a free RCI Weeks account. You can join II if you want (I did) and deposit certain BG resorts into it, but heck, with what is happening with Marriott, we may not want to own be in II anymore :)

Anita

Club dues are $129/year.

akp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Boca! Sorry about the error.

So club dues are $129.

Chris, I look forward to hearing what you think of Solara. I have a reservation there in Mar 2011 and my brother lives in Plantation so he's interested in using it much like you're discussing. So you've confirmed that if you buy points at Solara you'd get day use privileges? I see that is a significant exception to the "it doesn't matter where you buy points" generalization.

Anita

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
So club dues are $129.

Chris, I look forward to hearing what you think of Solara. I have a reservation there in Mar 2011 and my brother lives in Plantation so he's interested in using it much like you're discussing. So you've confirmed that if you buy points at Solara you'd get day use privileges? I see that is a significant exception to the "it doesn't matter where you buy points" generalization.

Anita

It's one of my favorite Bluegreen resorts, especially the 2br oceanfront units. That unit is right on the beach in North Miami Beach in a quiet area only a few miles from South Beach with easy access to the buses.

The units have about 1800 sq ft. 2 balconies facing the ocean. I used to grab this on bonus time whenever I could get it weekend or week day.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I signed up on the Yahoo BG group and so far it looks like everyone is happy including Anita. Very informative group.

I'm staying at Solara this week so hoping it will work for me. I visited the resort when they built it about 15 years ago but didn't buy at that time. Actually I did buy but then rescinded. It was called Bethel Beach club back then but it looks like it's just as nice today as it was back then, at least from the pictures. It's really only a hop skip and a jump from my home and this would be a great alternative to owning a second home since I see they allow you day privileges and bonus time. :D

Bluegreen is a very owner friendly resort group. Their policies truly do balance the needs of owners vs the company. Most of the complaints are due to people who feel like they were lied to in the sales presentation. I've found that those who know what to expect prior to getting into Bluegreen are pretty happy. You will find mostly happy owners on Timeshare Forums and the Bluegreen Yahoo Group.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
So club dues are $129.

Anita
Anita, I'm of the opinion that owning where I can get to easily is a must. I'm not a huge trader but mostly use the Last calls and RCI points. With weeks I'm an awful trader. I just don't have the time to put in the work to get great weeks trades and unfortunately my schedule is flexible but I can't plan a year in advance because of seniority issues at work.

That's why I'm loving the mini-systems. DVC, Hilton and Wyndham work nicely for me and I think BG will too. I just don't see the benefit of buying a week to trade. It's just too much work.

And, yes I called Solara to confirm that you do get day privileges. They told me I just need to call ahead to see how busy they are as parking might be an issue and just show my BG card. Sounds like a very fair system. :D

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Yes, owners get bonus time at the resort you own. Unlimited bonus time can be achieved if you purchase a qualifying package from the authorized reseller.

Jim, If I didn't own so many other great options already I think the bonus time would have been worth investing in but until I retire I can't see me being able to really get my moneys worth out of it.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a very informative thread for anyone thinking of buying into Bluegreen. BocaBum sounds like a knowledgeable fellow when it comes to BG!

Janna

dukebigtom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me assure anyone who is interested in Bluegreen that; 1) I am a very happy owner among many happy owners. 2) Boca is the man to deal with if you are looking for info or to buy resale in Bluegreen. He can get you as good a deal as ANYONE and is trustworthy, hard working and very, very knowledgeable about Bluegreen and many other timeshare companies, exchange companies, etc.

If you are interested, send Boca a PM and he will work to get you exactly what meets your specific needs and desires.

BigTom

rdwheeler

Reaction score
[Deleted]

[Advertisi8ng in the forums is not permitted. Please consider using the TUG Marketplace, our classifed section. - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
BG

I too am interestd in BG. Here's my question: How many BG points is enough?

I've been a BG owner for 8 years and have found that in order to obtain a two bedroom in high red season I need 20,000 points. I own 10,000 and though we've had some nice vacations, I can't get into the two bedrooms at the best times in BG or RCI.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 20,000 pts and it gets me a wonderful log cabin at Big Cedar for a week each summer. The maintenance fees are $1200 but what a wonderful vacation we have each year! I look forward to my week all year.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The answer, especially given all the Marriott chatter, is that Bluegreen's points system works very very well! ... Club fees are (I believe) $310 per year. Maintenance fees are .0405 per point. Anita
As pointed out in a later post, Club fees were $129. Maintenance fees depend upon when the unit/week was originally sold as well as the number of points. In some cases it is so much a point. In other cases it is a base fee ($310) plus a lesser amount per point. If you are serious about it, join the BG Yahoo Group and search Trust Funds or use the Trust Fund Calculator. Some Trust Funds favor small points owners and some Trust Funds favor large points owners.

Charles
(A happy BG points owner for 13 years)

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been a BG owner for 8 years and have found that in order to obtain a two bedroom in high red season I need 20,000 points.
Summer Oceanfront, two bedroom, Shorecrest I, 15,000 points.

Charles