• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do I give away timeshare that's RCI Points

bbear328

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am new at this forum so forgive me if I make any mistakes.

I have a Gatlinburg timeshare that on odd years I get 50,000 RCI points for my floating week. I don't actually get a week at the timeshare. How do I sell or give this away? Is it different than actually have a week to sell?

Thanks!

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I am new at this forum so forgive me if I make any mistakes.

I have a Gatlinburg timeshare that on odd years I get 50,000 RCI points for my floating week. I don't actually get a week at the timeshare. How do I sell or give this away? Is it different than actually have a week to sell?

Thanks!

Can the full week be used if you do not use the RCI points?

bbear328

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can keep the week instead of using the RCI points. I don't think you can. It was very confusing. Do I need to know that information before I list it?

Thanks!

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dollars to donuts there is a deeded underlying week, which - because it is the actual real estate interest you will be 'selling,' you will need to know to list well. Take a look at your deed - if you have a copy - or look yourself up in the records of Sevier County if you don't have the deed, and you should be able to find that info.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It should be no different than selling/giving away any other TS. Look at the deed. Your Points ownership will be linked to a unit/week. That the resort turns that week over to RCI for [x]# of points is immaterial. If you wanted to use the linked- or a floating- week all you'd have to do is notify the resort before it turns that year's week(s) over to RCI.

We have always used the points instead of our home resort week because we can get several weeks' use from the points (by using 30 day 9000 point weeks, etc) instead of just one week in our deeded TS.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You will be more successful if you post ALL the details of your ownership in your Ad. People want to know what they are getting upfront - no one is going to commit to an unknown product.

More info. - http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Even if there is an underlying week that creates the points allotment (and most likely there is) you are best off selling it as an RCI Points ownership as that is far more valuable than any Branson week would be. It is best to be fully informed as to what you own, what it is and can be made into to before you list so you can give knowledgeable answers to prospective buyers.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Feel free to read over my ad posted here. This ad generated a taker for the free timeshare in about 3 weeks, we are in the closing process.

My ad stated my preferences for who pays closing, how to contact me and much of the information needed to at least generate inquiries about the timeshare.

I got several inquiries and am now in closing.

99.999% of all RCI Points accounts have an underlying week of ownership (even if it is a "floater") that is "enrolled" in the RCI Points program.

There are three steps (with sub steps of course) to transfer an RCI Points enrolled week

1. Acquire a buyer for the unit.

2. Choose a closer to close the unit - get it closed.

3. Transfer the RCI Points account to the new owner of the week

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We Gave Away Two -- 2 -- RCI Points Timeshares Last Year.

The 2 we gave away were triennials, worth lots more as toe-holds into the points system than as the mere underlying deeded triennial weeks where the owner can go & check in only once every 3 years.

The owner gets 1/3 of the points value every year, rather than nothing in the off years & all the points in the deeded use year.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

bbear328

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the wonderful help you have offered me.

I have read my information again and yes there is a week assigned to me but that is for deeding purposes only. To get my week at the actual resort instead of using the RCI points the paper says I fill out a Flex form for my first priority desired winter week and I am put in a draw. If I am not chosen then it goes to my second week choice.

It sounds very confusing so I just always used the RCI points.