• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do I get pictures from cell to computer?

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my deceased daughters cell phone which has some pictures & videos on it that she took. I'd love to download them to my computer so I can really see them. My problem is I am not savy on cell phones that have a camera. The phone is an Alltel MotoRAZR V3m. I have the cable that connects the phone to my computer, but can't get the stuff from the phone to the computer. Is the phone suppose to come with software for the computer, if so I don't have that? Is there a driver needed? Can I instruct the phone to send the pictures to the computer, if so how? I realize these phones can be very technical, but it would seem to me that they are similar to sending pictures from a computer to flash drive, floppy (remember them) or another computer. :crash: By the way I have really tried to read the manual, but...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the razr has a memory card (micro SD) behind the battery on the back...within the phone you can save all the pictures to the memory card...then just put it in any card reader.

or you can email the pictures from the phone to your email address...but this is a bit more time consuming.

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I opened the back, removed the battery and realized I don't have the mini SD reader. It's so small. It sounded to easy, so I guess it was. I looked in the manual for emailing pictures, but couldn't find anything. This phone is worse than a big computer. The connection that I thought was for the camera to computer ended up being the recharger connection. Same size, same fit.
Again that would be too easy. Connect to the computer, select move file and select a destination. Oh well.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Call around to a few cell phone stores, and tell them what you need and the story behind it. One of them will surely offer to help. Don't just try the "brand name" stores like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. I've been stuck a couple of times, and a store called Wireless Toyz helped me without charging me a cent.

Good luck with it!

Fern

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
do you have a regular SD reader somewhere?

they make adapters that look just like regular SD cards...but allow you to slide the microSD card into them so that you can read the microSD from any regular SD reader.

the adapers are usually provided with the cards if you buy a new one (just incase you wanted to upgrade)...ive never actually looked for one in a store on its own...but im sure it cant be more than a few dollars.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have the data cable? For a razr, it's just a mini usb cable.

I think you can do it with the motorola phone tools. But they aren't free. moving it to an sd card is probably easier, but with the moto phone tools, you can do things like backup and restore your phone book, etc.

You might be able to find the moto phone tools on ebay for around $10. The moto phone tools include the drivers, and once you have the drivers installed, your phone can charge with the usb connection to your notebook.

-David

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Could you take it to a store with a camera dept. where they print photos from memory cards and have them printed or saved on a disc? Wal Mart, Kinkos, Welgreens, and Longs all do this for a reasonable fee.

On vacation I transferred hundreds of pictures from my camera's memory card to a disc at Wal Mart and it was only $2.50!

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I opened the back, removed the battery and realized I don't have the mini SD reader. It's so small. It sounded to easy, so I guess it was. I looked in the manual for emailing pictures, but couldn't find anything. This phone is worse than a big computer. The connection that I thought was for the camera to computer ended up being the recharger connection. Same size, same fit.
Again that would be too easy. Connect to the computer, select move file and select a destination. Oh well.

yeah, I don't think my razr has a mini-sd card slot either. But the single mini-usb connection is for both power and data. That's the only connection on it.

Get the moto phone tools. It's worth it to be able to back up and restore your phone book.

-David

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here, they are cheaper than I thought on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...l1313&satitle=motorola+phone+tools&category0=

The phone tools aren't phone specific. Don't worry about that, and you don't need a special data cable. You just need a mini-usb cable. Any one will do. version 4 or 5 will work. I think the older version will update itself, but the latest version is 5.something. Since it isn't any more expensive, I would just get the latest version.

-David

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a micro-SD card that will fit a Razr at Target for about $10. It came with two adapters that would make it fit in the regular SD slot on a card reader.

All this assumes that you know how to copy from the phone to the card, have a card reader for the computer, and then know how to copy from the card to the computer.

I think it's a much better idea to go in to a phone store and ask for help. You might take a USB thumb drive with you, in case they will put the images on it.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a micro-SD card that will fit a Razr at Target for about $10.

Never mind. Mine doesn't have a micro-sd slot, but apparently the v3m does.

-David

Last edited:

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score
We send pics to our e-mail account. Hope that helps and sorry for your loss.
I know the pictures must mean alot to you.

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I can always count on Tugger's to know the answer. I checked out the "Motorola Phone Tools" and it takes care of my problem. Thanks again. :whoopie:

davesdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your computer had bluetooth, you can transfer them that way. Razr phones have bluetooth. They can be copied to other cell phones that way also.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your computer had bluetooth, you can transfer them that way. Razr phones have bluetooth. They can be copied to other cell phones that way also.

heh. ever had a verizon phone? They cripple the bluetooth profile and many other features on their subsidized phones and block the ability to do file transfers. Why? They want you to buy ringtones, etc from them.

You can usually overcome that by flashing and/or flexing a motorola phone if you really want to. If you're interested, go to the howardforums.com.

-David