• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How different countries will handle exiting from lockdown

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
New Zealand. Their goal is no cases and then to fully open up everything. A few points and then two links.

They started early.
At first, anyone entering the islands had to go into a 14 day quarantine. That changed to no one could enter the islands. (Like Hawaii, they had a vibrant tourist economy.)
Since then, they have imposed the strictest lock down that I have seen revolving around that you had to stick within your "bubble." (See links below.)

Note: I don't believe for a second that the US could duplicate what New Zealand has done. It will be interesting to see if they can actually reach zero cases.

Questions about what you can do. (The answers are "No you cannot do that." Interesting reading.)
An explanation of the bubble.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The eradication of smallpox from the world is an interesting story ; as is it’s history .

The smallpox virus killed 3 in 10 who became infected .

google - smallpox - (if you are interested)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
New Zealand. Their goal is no cases and then to fully open up everything. A few points and then two links.

They started early.
At first, anyone entering the islands had to go into a 14 day quarantine. That changed to no one could enter the islands. (Like Hawaii, they had a vibrant tourist economy.)
Since then, they have imposed the strictest lock down that I have seen revolving around that you had to stick within your "bubble." (See links below.)

Note: I don't believe for a second that the US could duplicate what New Zealand has done. It will be interesting to see if they can actually reach zero cases.

Questions about what you can do. (The answers are "No you cannot do that." Interesting reading.)
An explanation of the bubble.

IMO. New Zealand is also, a little difference from other countries in the world for the following reasons. Loved the first two (2) reasons as mention above.
No one came enter the islands.
The country is on a very strict lock down

1. It is a small island country located in the southwestern Pacific Ocean
2. It is a remote country
3. it is a safe country with strict gun laws
4. The country population is smaller than most states in the United States; with only 4.886 millions.
5. The cruise industry cannot sail Mega cruise to this country cruise porst.
6. The cost of living and housing are very expensive for it citizens & visitors

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you asked (or, maybe now you will be sorry you asked :)) ...

The Czech republic was one of the first and is one of the most aggressive with regard to its regulations. Apparently, amidst this, in a heat wave, nudists have been flocking to beaches. They are allowed to do this as long as they don't congregate in large groups AND as long as they wear face masks. (I'm not joking. My source is in French and behind a paid firewall so I can't link to it.)

Oh my gosh, the sacrifices we have to make in these troubled times.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to do something in a Draconian lockdown for fresh air and replenishing vitinum D.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
New Zealand is going from level 4 restrictions to level 3.

They are close to zero new cases. Level 3 (in the above link) is described as...

Ms Ardern said that at Level 3, "there are slightly more opportunities for you to come into contact with people outside your bubble".
It also included a partial reopening of businesses, food delivery, drive throughs, and click and collect at cafes beginning, some schools reopening for the children of essential workers and travel restrictions moving from local to regional.

They hope to get to level 2 in two weeks. Level 2 is described as...

For Level 2, it included physical distancing of one metre outside the home, gatherings of up to 100 people indoors and 500 outdoors allowed while maintaining physical distancing and contact tracing requirements and sport is allowed if conditions on gatherings are met, physical distancing is followed and travel is local.

One footnote: I love that fact that when on level 4, Ms Arden (the prime minister) was on radio and tv and assured children that the Easter Bunny was an essential worker.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Since you asked (or, maybe now you will be sorry you asked :)) ...

The Czech republic was one of the first and is one of the most aggressive with regard to its regulations. Apparently, amidst this, in a heat wave, nudists have been flocking to beaches. They are allowed to do this as long as they don't congregate in large groups AND as long as they wear face masks. (I'm not joking. My source is in French and behind a paid firewall so I can't link to it.)

Oh my gosh, the sacrifices we have to make in these troubled times.

Not a big deal; who looks at peoples' faces on those beaches anyway...?

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bitte, please open the borders to Bavaria, Germany to USA tourists . Danke! I have a 3 week yearly summer trip there starting in July

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
New Zealand is going from level 4 restrictions to level 3.

They are close to zero new cases. Level 3 (in the above link) is described as...

Ms Ardern said that at Level 3, "there are slightly more opportunities for you to come into contact with people outside your bubble".
It also included a partial reopening of businesses, food delivery, drive throughs, and click and collect at cafes beginning, some schools reopening for the children of essential workers and travel restrictions moving from local to regional.

They hope to get to level 2 in two weeks. Level 2 is described as...

For Level 2, it included physical distancing of one metre outside the home, gatherings of up to 100 people indoors and 500 outdoors allowed while maintaining physical distancing and contact tracing requirements and sport is allowed if conditions on gatherings are met, physical distancing is followed and travel is local.

One footnote: I love that fact that when on level 4, Ms Arden (the prime minister) was on radio and tv and assured children that the Easter Bunny was an essential worker.
Dont forget the Tooth fairy, and the Sandman!!

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
This is a great article and it makes a great point -
“Sheltering in place decreases your immune system. And then as we all come out of shelter in place with a lower immune system and start trading viruses, bacteria—what do you think is going to happen? Disease is going to spike.”

Very good read.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: I have been interested in countries that have had a least a fairly serious outbreak and now are down to near zero cases. All of ones that I am listing made it their goal to get down to zero or near zero with the idea that they could then end up opening up their economy. This started with an interest in New Zealand (see earlier posts). Now add Australia, Iceland, and South Korea. (I do not mean to imply that there are not other countries that could qualify. These are the ones that have caught my attention.) Three of the countries listed have been posting numbers of new cases that are in the single digits for days now with Australia (much bigger) in the teens or lower twenties.

Australia and New Zealand are talking about extending a travel bubble between the two countries. This is different from the "bubbles" that New Zealand has used internally. (See above posts.) What they are planning is allowing travel between the two countries while continuing to restrict travel from other countries.

The four countries mentioned used total lock down techniques (that will upset some to hear), begin them early (that also seems to have been key), and used massive testing and tracking (again starting early). The US has caught up with testing per million, but we started late.

I am not suggesting the US can follow the leads of these countries. We are too diverse and not as isolated to be able to duplicate what they have done. To me, South Korea is the most remarkable of the countries mentioned in that they were hit very hard early and are not as geographically isolated as the other three countries.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
This is a great article and it makes a great point -
“Sheltering in place decreases your immune system. And then as we all come out of shelter in place with a lower immune system and start trading viruses, bacteria—what do you think is going to happen? Disease is going to spike.”

Very good read.
Only full of half-truths and completely rejected by most medical reviewers. These guys run urgent care centers and have vested interests as they offer Covid-19 testing, but no background in epidemiology. Google their names.

The part about restricting exposure resulting in diminished immune system applies to newborns, not adults.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a follow up to post #16 which mentions that New Zealand and Australia, both with very low incidences of Coronavirus, are thinking of creating an "air bubble" between the two counties. (That is they will allow travel between these two countries, but prohibit travelers from entering from elsewhere.)

Now the three Baltic nations (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, all with low incidents of Coronavirus) are planning to open a "travel bubble" between them. If successful, they might then add Finland and Poland.

Travel bubbles could be the trend of the future for nations that have been successful in keeping rates of infection low.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Friday alcohol sales will start again after over 6 weeks of prohibition. Sales/consumption will be restricted in some form to be determined today.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Friday alcohol sales will start again after over 6 weeks of prohibition. Sales/consumption will be restricted in some form to be determined today.

Thank goodness I live in a State and county where the county owns the liquor stores and has a vested interest - alcohol sales are an essential service here!