• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How about a Last Call Request/Sightings/On Hold board?

gw1400

TUG Member
Reaction score
A TUG members only board much like the Sightings/Distress board where members can post request, sightings and weeks on hold. Members agree to use paypal from a checking account or pay the credit card surcharge. Members can put in request for areas of interest. Members holding weeks can post them. This would unclutter the Sightings/Distress board.

JMHO.

gw1400

TUG Member
Reaction score
gw1400 said:
This would unclutter the Sightings/Distress board.

Still think this is a good idea.

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed!

Add my vote. I would also like clarification of how it works if one member holds a week and another member pays for it. Maybe that would be a good "sticky" on this new board.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea, sorry to say. I'm not even sure it's a good idea to put a Last Call on hold just because you're excited about it and feel a TUGger should have it. Even though it's a generous gesture, it's a bit of a roulette game. And it also takes the week out of circulation for someone out there who may really want it, have the time off and funds, and would automatically confirm. Having said that, on the current Sightings board if someone posts looking for a sighting of a Last Call and another TUGger sees it online, then it's closer to a sure thing for putting it on hold for the requester. I know I'm going to be perceived by some a spoilsport, but I vote "no" to a special members-only board for Last Call.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Carol,

You spoilsport you :p I agree and disagree. First, I agree with you. I do not think we need a seperate board for Last Call weeks. JMHO. Do we need to create new boards to "unclutter" information? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. In this case, my vote would be no. For the most part, any Last Call sighting that is of any value will be at the top of the board. I don't think it's really that much clutter, but, that's JMHO.

Second, I do disagree in that I think that there is value to placing weeks on hold for people. For one thing, this is really the only way to preserve top weeks for Tuggers. I do agree however that if there is no interest in the week, release it ASAP. Again, JMHO.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
bellesgirl said:
Add my vote. I would also like clarification of how it works if one member holds a week and another member pays for it. Maybe that would be a good "sticky" on this new board.

I've done two different things.

I held a week for another tugger. We did a 3 way with RCI and it was a bit of a hassle, but it worked. He got it confirmed in his account.

Another tugger held a week for me. actually for my uncle. So I gave the tugger my credit card #, when you go to confirm a last call week, they allow you to use a different credit card than the one you used to hold it. So he confirmed with my credit card and put my uncle on the guest certificate.

I do think its great when tuggers can post a Last Call wanted and someone is willing to hold it for them. Thats what tug is all about.
Some people need to sleep at 2am and others (Dani) seem to be up all night.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
About a year ago there was a reported bogus pay pal web site that took a lot of peoples money and who knows what else.

No pay pal for me, :mad:

Sterling

J. Novak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Giving a fellow Tugger your CC #....

seems like the easiest way to handle these transactions. I kind of like the idea of a separate LC board. However, I haven't yet seen any LC weeks close to me--but maybe this winter some coastal weeks will show up.
CaliDave said:
...Another tugger held a week for me. actually for my uncle. So I gave the tugger my credit card #, when you go to confirm a last call week, they allow you to use a different credit card than the one you used to hold it. So he confirmed with my credit card and put my uncle on the guest certificate.....

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Dani said:
Carol,

You spoilsport you :p I agree and disagree. First, I agree with you. I do not think we need a seperate board for Last Call weeks. JMHO. Do we need to create new boards to "unclutter" information? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. In this case, my vote would be no. For the most part, any Last Call sighting that is of any value will be at the top of the board. I don't think it's really that much clutter, but, that's JMHO.

Second, I do disagree in that I think that there is value to placing weeks on hold for people. For one thing, this is really the only way to preserve top weeks for Tuggers. I do agree however that if there is no interest in the week, release it ASAP. Again, JMHO.

Dani,

I've thought about it more, and "sure thing" resorts like Smuggs mid-summer are very desirable to TUGgers. So if active TUGgers have active TUG pals they trust and can work with on holds, three-ways, credit card transactions, it could work out well.

But I still don't like the idea of a separate Last Call forum! :p

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Okay...the :p :p :p symbol is offically my favorite symbol!!! LOL

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I post a lot of last calls that I find in the wee hours of the morning. I prefer LC to stay within the sighting section. That is where I look for gems whether they are last calls or regular sightings. IMHO,I don't want to view sightings in two areas.
I am not sure how I feel about placing desirable weeks on hold and taking them out of the pool. Although a very kind gesture indeed it may hinder another TUG member from getting the week. I ,for example work very long hours and it would be difficult for me to coordinate a complex trade that also involves credit card transactions. For others it would not be an issue.

Last edited: