• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Homework help

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this is the busiest board I know...
What would the opposite of "crunchy" be??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
creamy? soft? smooth? :shrug:

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's it!!! Thanks so much, Denise!!!:banana:
"Creamy"

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A teacher's work is never done... :D
(And I should be grading papers right now!)

Last edited:

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL, Denise, you're right, you work is never done!
Everyone in our house came up with smooth and soft, but not creamy. This was for our 6th grader.
I knew I could count on a TUGger!
Aloha back at ya,
Elena
:cheer:

kapear

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would have said creamy as crunchy reminds me of peanut butter. I too am avoiding grading papers. In fact I didn't even bring them home as I planned to work on my paper for my Masters program. Obviously I'm taking a break from that as well.

mterra

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to take a break from my son's homework. We are writing a book report--3rd grade. I'm tired of homework :wall:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to take a break from my son's homework. We are writing a book report--3rd grade. I'm tired of homework :wall:

As I recall I was involved with my son's HW - as a nag and proofreader - till about 7th grade, and with my daughter's till about 9th - in her case explaining assignments that seemed too hard. Somehow they do eventually reach the point where they don't want help anymore - even if you want to help!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Invaluable Lesson. (Actions Speak Louder Than Words.)

As I recall I was involved with my son's HW - as a nag and proofreader - till about 7th grade, and with my daughter's till about 9th - in her case explaining assignments that seemed too hard. Somehow they do eventually reach the point where they don't want help anymore - even if you want to help!
The biggest & most important lesson they learned from that is that schoolwork is so important that mom & dad or both will turn off the TV & put away the newspaper & shut off TUG-BBS, etc., in order to help the kids with homework assignments.

Then in due time, having absorbed the lesson via actions rather than words, the kids reached a typical growing-up stage of saying, in effect, Please -- I'd Rather Do It Myself.

Congratulations on being that kind of good parent. I wish I'd done it that way instead of taking an easy path out by declaring, in effect, that It's Up To The Kid To Learn To Do It On His Own Or Deal With The Consequences. It's just too bad there's no way I can remake myself as a good parent retroactively. Sheesh.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing that a retired teacher can't help but click on a topic that involves school. It never gets out of your system. I even dream of teaching but then I wake up and smile. Thanks to all the parents who are working with their children and thanks to all of you who are still in the classroom. There is a wonderful life ahead for all of you. Those kids become responsible adults and retirement is wonderful. Hang in there!!!

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a special ed teacher and I would correct a ton of homework to avoid the endless paperwork of special ed that does nothing to help the kids.:eek: