• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Group

3gymrats

Reaction score
I am considering buying aTS from Holiday Group. I did a TUG search and found that most people have had good luck with these guys. However, it has been a while since anyone has posted anything about them and I want to know if there is anyone out there with recent experience with this group. BTW, if I go forward with this, I'm getting a "smokin' deal"!

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you are purchasing. From what I've seen of others, you can get better deals from ebay.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will dicker on the price by a good bit ... won't dicker on the closing costs. Remember, after getting the "best price" to request your $200 Tug memership discount.;)

They are good/ok to deal with - have used Brenda on several deals.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
well i haven't purchased recently, however, both my purchases were handled in a professional, timely manner. as a matter of fact, the closing on 1 was the fastest of any t/s i have purchased. i would absolutely purchase from them again and i look everyday to see if they have what i am looking for. haven't found it yet but i'm not in a hurry.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
They tend to be more flexible at the end of the month- I have used them multiple times and would again.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
They will dicker on the price by a good bit ... won't dicker on the closing costs. Remember, after getting the "best price" to request your $200 Tug memership discount.;)

They are good/ok to deal with - have used Brenda on several deals.

So in essence their closing costs to "Tuggers" is $ 390-200 or $ 190 ? . . . .

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the TUG discount only applies to timeshares you purchase directly off their site.

You can either haggle and negotiate a lower price...or apply the TUG discount....not both.

I would hate to see all TUGGERS lose the discount if it were constantly abused.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
What Brian said. Negotiate your best deal upfront. It's not fair to expect more discounts after the negotiations are done.

I recently completed a purchase from Holiday Group (Emily Cowley) and I felt the entire transaction was professionally handled.

I agree that eBay is the absolute best place for steals, just beware who does the stealing.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Rather than going to their on line site, it seems to me one could use the auctions they run on eBay. :shrug:

Unless there is something listed you absolutely have to have is only on their site, it appears you can save much more than negotiating. Of course you may have to wait until what you want shows up on eBay, which may be never, but the savings can huge compared to the listed price.

Cheers

Last edited:

allenh91801

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought two weeks from Holiday and it was great. Yes, you can get better deals from EBAY, but sometimes you wonder how some of the sellers get their weeks by deceiving unsuspecting people. I would rather spend a little more(still resale) and feel good about my purchase.

Allen

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
They predominately sell weeks that are traded in for "new" developer weeks in Mexico.

The definition of madness "doing something the same way and expecting a different result"

They have been in business for years and do not participate in the deception, just buying and selling a commodity

As to the tug discount - It wouldn't hurt to ask . . . I find there in house closing fees to be high in relation to the final selling prices of their weeks