• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Group

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Holiday Group one of these postcard companies that gets people to pay them to take over their TS? I've seen them mentioned on here before and most comments indicate that they're legit. I made an offer on an EOY TS that was equal to their "non negotiable" closing costs of $450 and they turned it down. I think they said they do the closing in house and if so, their closing costs are way under this $450, probably more like $100. Anyone bought a TS from them for less than the closing costs?

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
not a PCC

Holiday group was around with great deals for years before the PCC scourge appeared. They have a legtimate business model and a great reputation. We have purchased 2 weeks through them & are very satisfied. They recently cleared up an unknown 7 year old deed error for us. Highly recommended.

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have purchased all our resale timeshares through Holiday Group and have been very happy with them. I would recommend them to anyone, as well as use them myself should we ever want to purchase another one.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
I purchased a timeshare from them and was very happy with the service. They do their own closings and you get your deed back much quicker. I would buy from them again.

middleoforchid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
We've purchased 3 non deeded membership ts from them.Each time we were assigned a closing agent and she responds to questions promptly and kept us abreast during the closing process.We even took advantage of their 3 months no interest payments via c/c.Sometimes it is a small price to pay for peace of mind.................

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have brought 4 TS from them. The only way around their $450 closing costs is to buy more than 1 TS at the same resort at the same time. No closing costs on the 2nd TS ....

So, if they got another week at the same place, you might want to think about buying it now. I have dealt with Brenda, who has always been easy to get phone and calls right back.

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If they're not a postcard company, where do they get their TS's? My sense of it is that they pay little or nothing for them, which is fine but just curious as to their supply source. Maybe they take them over for nothing compared to the postcard cos. that make people pay to get rid of them?

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend The Holiday Group.

I just booked a week for a unit that I purchased through Emily at The Holiday Group. It took less than 45 days from initial sales agreement to being recognized at the resort and able to make a reservation. I own multiple weeks at this resort, and this was the fastest and easiest close by far.

I don't worry about how much closing costs are because I just factor the cost into my offer. The deals are still great.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Robert- do a search for Holiday Group and you will find answers to what you are asking.

Sunterra

Reaction score
If they're not a postcard company, where do they get their TS's? My sense of it is that they pay little or nothing for them, which is fine but just curious as to their supply source. Maybe they take them over for nothing compared to the postcard cos. that make people pay to get rid of them?
They're 'in' with some of the Mexican developers and take the 'trades' that gullible purchasers give to those developers.

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
3 of the 5 weeks I own were bought from Holiday. No problems with them. A lot ( not all ) of their inventory is from trade-ins made to various developers. The developers don't want to be bothered with getting rid of the weeks and they have a deal set up with Holiday for them to "dispose" of them. I suspect they get the weeks for little or nothing. A lot of their inventory comes from Mexican resorts that routinely offer discounts for trade-ins. They will discount the pricing, but apparently not the closing fees.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Holiday Group Web Site ?

We have purchased all our resale timeshares through Holiday Group and have been very happy with them. I would recommend them to anyone, as well as use them myself should we ever want to purchase another one.
What's their URL ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Holiday Group is a totally legitimate business. They have a company called Holiday Equity that provides a trade in program for resort developers. Very clever business model. Very honest company with great people. I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from them at any time.

The only issue they tend to have is errors in the listings. If they make a mistake, they will make every attempt to correct the issue.

pranas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from Sharon and found her to be very helpful. Yes, I would purchase from them again.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Customer

We bought our Coconut Malorie unit in Ocean City, MD through Holiday about five years ago. (The woman we dealt with is gone and we now deal with Wayne Sanchez.)

Back then, they listed a floating studio at the Coconut Malorie for $1900.00. As previous posters have said, they told me it was a trade in from someone who had bought at a different resort. I offered $1500.00 and they took it so quickly that I kicked myself into next Tuesday for not offering less. Oh, well. :doh: We got a terrific bargain and we get to go to Ben's Kite Festival.

Just two weeks ago we got a 1 -- 52 floating 4/4 at the Summit at Massanutten for $3830.00, plus the closing. Wayne had been looking for one for us for quite some time. I had also tried making reasonable bids on Redweek and Bidshare, but people seem to think these units are worth $20,000.00.

The price for the one we bought from Holiday started at $4800 and I just held my ground. Ben said "He'll call back." And he did. We went back and forth on the price and after we agreed, I played the TUG card. He sighed, talked to his boss and gave me the $200.00 more off. I think we did OK. :cheer:

Wayne says the closing will take about 60 days, more or less. I would really recommend doing business with Holiday in general and Wayne in particular.

Protocol Question: When can you add a new resort to your TUG profile? When you buy it? Or should you wait till you close?

Last note -- This is our LAST timeshare purchase:hysterical: I mean it.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Protocol Question: When can you add a new resort to your TUG profile? When you buy it? Or should you wait till you close?

I'd wait until it closed, especially with Holiday. I waited a year for them to close on one purchase for me. They finally decided they didn't have clear title and gave me my money back. It was an interval that I really wanted, so I was very saddened.

Sheila

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not as sad as ifd they had recorded a week in your name that you were the not so proud owner of :rofl:

Stricky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I just purchased a week from them and so far so good.

A week at a resort I wanted showed up last Friday. I emailed an offer on Saturday (less then 1/2 of asking price). The rep called me and said she would have to wait till Wed to take it to a manager since they now hold new listing 3 days for repeat buyers to get first dibbs. I thought that seemed fair. On Wed she called back and counter offered. We went back and forth for all of 2 minutes and agreed to $1400 on a $2450 listing. This was for a RCI points week at a resort I was shopping for. Not a bad deal :)

They say closing could take up to 90 days.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did holiday group give a discount for being a Tugger?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
discount only applies to timeshares you buy at their listed prices.

haggling for a cheaper price, then demanding the discount is not permitted...please dont take advantage of their generous offer.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
bought my 2 resales from holiday.. everything went fine.. would purchase from holiday again just waiting for what i want to come up.

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had bad and good purchases with them. I personally wouldn't recommended them mainly because of their closing company is not very thorough (it could be someone new doing the processing).

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I echo these observations...

Holiday Group is a totally legitimate business.
The only issue they tend to have is errors in the listings.

I agree with both of these observations, based upon personal experience.

In recent years, on multiple occasions, I have inquired into Holiday Group listings of interest to me (...initially, anyhow). In each and every instance (this has involved four or five separate, unrelated listings), there were significant inaccuracies in the particular listings into which I had inquired (e.g., wrong week number, a floating week listed as fixed, EOY listed as annual use --- even a completely wrong resort identification in one case).

I can't knowledgeably comment on Holiday closing services, since in every one of my particular experiences the listing content errors discovered in the course of due diligence made the prospective purchases "dead on arrival".
I certainly don't have any reason at all to believe that these folks are dishonest, but their consistent and troublng pattern of inattention to detail and accuracy in listings make the words due diligence critically important.

Last edited: