• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Timeshare Rescind

Queenin

Reaction score
I just bought a timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations yesterday and originally I planned to say “no” to any sales pitch as I do not want a lifetime commitment. However, upon hearing the “Term 7” deal where I only own a timeshare for 7 years I gave in. I regretted it almost immediately once I saw the paperwork and the actual costs. I purchased my timeshare in Las Vegas, NV but a Georgia resident. I am still within my rescission period, but when it comes to mailing in a letter to rescind and what to put in it- I am lost. Especially since the paperwork indicates a 2650 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. However, upon going physically to the location was told that the sales team now sits at the Elara. Please help!

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations yesterday and originally I planned to say “no” to any sales pitch as I do not want a lifetime commitment. However, upon hearing the “Term 7” deal where I only own a timeshare for 7 years I gave in. I regretted it almost immediately once I saw the paperwork and the actual costs. I purchased my timeshare in Las Vegas, NV but a Georgia resident. I am still within my rescission period, but when it comes to mailing in a letter to rescind and what to put in it- I am lost. Especially since the paperwork indicates a 2650 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. However, upon going physically to the location was told that the sales team now sits at the Elara. Please help!
There are many TUGgers that are more experienced than me. Here is a guide:

You should absolutely rescind while you are able. While, I really like timesharing and have found some fantastic deals, it isn't for everyone and you should put in the time to see if it will meet your needs. However, first make sure you rescind ASAP to make sure you have time to fully think about taking on a long-term commitment like that.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Unless I am mistaken, send usps certified to the las Vegas address. You only need to contact the rescission department, not the sales team.

If you want me to look at the rescission paperwork in more detail, just PM me. Mind sharing how much you’d save in rescission? As half of us initially bought developer timeshares, there is no shame or shaming.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Use the address in the paperwork. The letter need not be complicated or legalese. Just state clearly that you do not wish to go forward with this purchase. All who sign the contract must sign the letter. In clude a copy of the signature page that shows your name(s), date, and contract identifier. Mail it Certified USPS. It will get to the rescissions office. DO NOT go to the sales office. They ae trained to counter any argument you have to not buy.

Welcome to TUG. Good Luck!

Jim

Queenin

Reaction score
Use the address in the paperwork. The letter need not be complicated or legalese. Just state clearly that you do not wish to go forward with this purchase. All who sign the contract must sign the letter. In clude a copy of the signature page that shows your name(s), date, and contract identifier. Mail it Certified USPS. It will get to the rescissions office. DO NOT go to the sales office. They ae trained to counter any argument you have to not buy.

Welcome to TUG. Good Luck!

Jim
Thank you so much!!!!

Queenin

Reaction score

You should absolutely rescind while you are able. While, I really like timesharing and have found some fantastic deals, it isn't for everyone and you should put in the time to see if it will meet your needs. However, first make sure you rescind ASAP to make sure you have time to fully think about taking on a long-term commitment like that.
Thank you!!!

Queenin

Reaction score

Update to original thread: I have sent the 2nd letter on day 3 of my 5 day rescission period (overnight shipping, certified tracking, and return receipt request) included in the package was the letter to rescind and the time-share cancellation sheet that was given to me in the public offering package that outlined the address to send to cancel. Fingers-crossed Hilton reaches out to me to let me know they received it And the contract is cancelled.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Fingers-crossed Hilton reaches out to me to let me know they received it And the contract is cancelled.
They may or may not acknowledge receipt of your rescission. Just keep checking your credit card online to see when you get a refund. It could take up to 45 days, but often it gets done sooner. You said you had tracking so you should be able to determine when the letter is received. All that is required of the purchaser (you) is a simple letter stating that you wish to rescind your purchase and proof that it was mailed within the rescission period. It doesn't really matter when they receive it as long as you can prove you mailed it in time. When you've satisfied that part of rescinding, they are required by law to do their part--cancel the contract and put everyone back in the position they were in before the sale took place.

I know it's hard, but try to relax and not worry about it. The law is on your side if you followed the rules.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update to original thread: I have sent the 2nd letter on day 3 of my 5 day rescission period (overnight shipping, certified tracking, and return receipt request) included in the package was the letter to rescind and the time-share cancellation sheet that was given to me in the public offering package that outlined the address to send to cancel. Fingers-crossed Hilton reaches out to me to let me know they received it And the contract is cancelled.

Since you sent it via a trackable method then you will know when they actually receive your rescission paperwork and materials. You really don't want to take a phone call from them as they "may" attempt to talk you out of your decision to rescind.

They have no obligation to let you know when they receive your rescission request; they do have the obligation to act on it. As Karen has said, it may take up to 45 days to receive your refund. Hold on to your tracking number, and do track it yourself.

Good decision to rescind. Now you can go out and buy for just pennies on the dollar for what had initially cost you thousands more!

Last edited:

Queenin

Reaction score
They may or may not acknowledge receipt of your rescission. Just keep checking your credit card online to see when you get a refund. It could take up to 45 days, but often it gets done sooner. You said you had tracking so you should be able to determine when the letter is received. All that is required of the purchaser (you) is a simple letter stating that you wish to rescind your purchase and proof that it was mailed within the rescission period. It doesn't really matter when they receive it as long as you can prove you mailed it in time. When you've satisfied that part of rescinding, they are required by law to do their part--cancel the contract and put everyone back in the position they were in before the sale took place.

I know it's hard, but try to relax and not worry about it. The law is on your side if you followed the rules.
Thank you that’s good to know I shouldn’t expect it

Queenin

Reaction score
Since you sent it via a trackable method then you will know when they actually receive your rescission paperwork and materials. You really don't want to take a phone call from them as they "may" attempt to talk you out of your decision to rescind.

They have no obligation to let you know when they receive your rescission request; they do have the obligation to act on it. As Karen has said, it may take up to 45 days to receive your refund. Hold on to your tracking number, and do track it yourself.

Good decision to rescind. No you can go out and buy for just pennies on the dollar for what had initially cost you thousands more!

Yes, I’m going to look into buying cheaper! Clearly the original deal was a rip off.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I’m going to look into buying cheaper!

Don't be hasty. Take your time and do a lot of research. Some here on Tug recommend at least six months. Maybe even rent one first so you can "try before you buy". There will still be many deals out there six months down the road that are better than the one you just rescinded.

Queenin

Reaction score
Don't be hasty. Take your time and do a lot of research. Some here on Tug recommend at least six months. Maybe even rent one first so you can "try before you buy". There will still be many deals out there six months down the road that are better than the one you just rescinded.
Oh yes, at least put in 50 hours of research (6 months is a good benchmark) before I even think to put money down haha. Thanks!

jeffox

Reaction score
There is no cheaper then free, but even some free timeshares are too expensive.

Queenin

Reaction score
2nd update: I sent in 3 letters total to the address - I was a bit paranoid and covered all my bases (one on 8/8/20, 8/9/20 and 8/10/20) as there were several papers within my package that mentioned variations of the same address. Well, I received an email from Contract Services today (8/10/20) regarding the letter sent on 8/8/20 confirming my cancellation receipt and my refund of my deposit. They will end up getting my other letters, but overall it was a QUICK turnaround time. I am so happy! Thank you to all who responded to my thread and helped me!!! This rescission saved me at least $25k. I am about to finally get a good nights sleep and maybe a drink this weekend to celebrate - again, THANK YOU

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
2nd update: I sent in 3 letters total to the address - I was a bit paranoid and covered all my bases (one on 8/8/20, 8/9/20) and 8/10/20 as there were several papers within my package that mentioned variations of the same address. Well, I received an email from Contract Services today (8/10/20) regarding the letter sent on 8/8/20 confirming my cancellation receipt and my refund of my deposit. They will end up getting my other letters, but overall it was a QUICK turnaround time. I am so happy! Thank you to all who responded to my thread and helped me!!! This rescission saved me at least $25k. I am about to finally get a good nights sleep and maybe a drink this weekend to celebrate - again, THANK YOU
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know.