• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Honors Points for HGVC Points?

napierkk

Reaction score
Hello,

I have over a million Hilton Honors points and am wondering if there is any program out there that will exchange these points for timeshare points or fractional ownership credits of some sort. I remember being presented an offer to exchange my points for upgraded seasons/units while in Hawaii 8 years ago at the Kolia (sp?) tower next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
You can't exchange hotel points for timeshare points. Most of the Kalia Tower is hotel, not timeshare; you might have been offered a hotel suite upgrade for points.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You can't exchange hotel points for timeshare points.

Not necessarily true. They offer where you could use HHonors points to book HGVC units.

See http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/rewards/hgv.do

So you can't trade them for HGVC points but you can book HGVC properties with Hhonors points. They are pretty high point values compared with hotel rooms. They only seem to be offering studio rooms only, they used to offer all size units, as the old paper copy of the 2005 Hilton Reward program has 1 and 2 BRs listed for points, but the new online point chart only lists studios. Perhaps a call might be needed to see if the other reward codes for large units still exist or not.

So a studio vs a hotel room, for 35K a night, not always a bargin, especially if using it for Orlando or Vegas. Hawaii might be worth it, however, because at least you get a kitchen and the hotel is already a cat 5 or 6 anyway.

1M points is a lot of points. They do have some interesting experiences that you can blow a lot of points on....
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/rewards/experience.do

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Since this isn't about buying or selling, I'm moving this to the Hilton board.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Use your HHonors points at Hilton Resorts

Hilton has some very fine resorts all over the world and only a few TSs. If you use the going global code, you can stay at a category six Hilton for six days for 175,000 points. There are also some very nice category five Hiltons that would cost 150,000 points. We have used HHonors points to stay at the Hilton Los Cabos, Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe, Caribe Hilton in San Juan,Puerto Rico, Embassy Suites San Diego at the Harbor, Embassy Suites Chicago, Hilton Budapest Hungary, Hilton Amsterdam, and DoubleTree Scottsdale. You can stay for more than six nights for the cost of a few more points.

You can go all over the world with HHonors very easily. You will just stay in hotel rooms rather than TSs.

annenp

Reaction score
Hilton has some very fine resorts all over the world and only a few TSs. If you use the going global code, you can stay at a category six Hilton for six days for 175,000 points. There are also some very nice category five Hiltons that would cost 150,000 points. We have used HHonors points to stay at the Hilton Los Cabos, Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe, Caribe Hilton in San Juan,Puerto Rico, Embassy Suites San Diego at the Harbor, Embassy Suites Chicago, Hilton Budapest Hungary, Hilton Amsterdam, and DoubleTree Scottsdale. You can stay for more than six nights for the cost of a few more points.

You can go all over the world with HHonors very easily. You will just stay in hotel rooms rather than TSs.[/Q

Thanks - I am a bit new to HGVC what is "global code"?

newlin99

Reaction score
When i was at the New York West 57TH presentation last month, the salesman told me if I converted my yearly HGVC points to Hhonors points before january 1st the conversion rate was 1:50, but after that it'd be 1:25.

i.e. my "2009" 5800 HGVC pts converted before jan1 09, would give me 290,000 hhonors pts.

is this true?

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
HGVC points are the currrency used for TS reservations and cruises. There are other types of vacations as well such as renting a houseboat or an RV. HHonors points are usually earned by staying at Hilton Family Hotels or by using a Hilton Credit Card. HHonors points are redeemed according to a code. Each Hilton Family Hotel is assigned a rewards category. You can book a room for a day or two or you can go global and book for six or more days at a stretch. This will save you a great deal in points. For example: A category six hotel may be redeemed for 40,000 points for one night. If you were to spend six nights at this hotel, it would amount to 240,000 points if you were to book without going global. However, If you book going global, six consecutive nights would cost 175,000 points. This is a substantial savings. Another example: A category 5 Hilton Family Hotel may be redeemed for 35,000 points per night. This means it would cost 210,000 points to redeem six nights. However, if you go global, you may spend six consecutive nights at a categor 5 Hilton Family Hotel for 150,000 points.

If you go to www.hhonors.com, this will be discussed in greater detail. If you want to book a going global reward you must be at the HHonors silver elite status or higher. If you wish to redeem a going global award at a particular hotel you can either do it online or call Hilton Honors by telephone. Calling by telephone is actually easier for the going global reward in my opinion. Individual hotel reservations are easier online.

I am actually sending this reply from a Homewood Suites in San Antonio, as we had to evacuate for Hurricane Ike. The reservation was made on line via www.hiltonfamily.com

Last edited:

DCBob

TUG Member
Reaction score
When i was at the New York West 57TH presentation last month, the salesman told me if I converted my yearly HGVC points to Hhonors points before january 1st the conversion rate was 1:50, but after that it'd be 1:25.

i.e. my "2009" 5800 HGVC pts converted before jan1 09, would give me 290,000 hhonors pts.

is this true?

Yes, only for points purchased at West 57th Street. You must convert the ClubPoints for 2009 during 2008 to get the higher ratio.

annenp

Reaction score
Hello,

I have over a million Hilton Honors points and am wondering if there is any program out there that will exchange these points for timeshare points or fractional ownership credits of some sort. I remember being presented an offer to exchange my points for upgraded seasons/units while in Hawaii 8 years ago at the Kolia (sp?) tower next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

if you dont mind me asking.....how did you accumulate 1 milliom HH points:hi: