• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacation Complaint

Ginger88

Reaction score
Due to Covid and travel restrictions, we did not travel or use our 2020 week that we have at Elara in Las Vegas. Today, we called to make reservations for July 2021 but were told we could not use our 2020 week at our home resort. I could understand if it were any other year, but the resort was closed and CDC travel restrictions were in place almost all of 2020. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
It sounds like you did not save your 2020 points into 2021. Is that correct? If they were not saved, then the points expired on 12/31/20 without being used.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Honestly no. I see a lot of availability for Elara during the month of July. I don't understand why you can not make a club reservation. You should have both 2020 and 2021 points available for use.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Are you a Elara HGVC owner or an Elara Westgate owner?

I don’t know what Westgate did for their owners (if anything).

Last edited:

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
Hgvc auto saved your points and this summer is well within the 9 month window and right now there is lots of availability. Perhaps your exact room for that week is out but check other rooms/weeks, you should be fine, as long as it truly is HGVC. If it’s just a west gate deed you call hgvc, no idea

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Due to Covid and travel restrictions, we did not travel or use our 2020 week that we have at Elara in Las Vegas. Today, we called to make reservations for July 2021 but were told we could not use our 2020 week at our home resort. I could understand if it were any other year, but the resort was closed and CDC travel restrictions were in place almost all of 2020. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you.

Interesting dilemma. If, like @alwysonvac asks above, it’s a Westgate unit, I would have no idea how HGVC would deal with that. Many fixed week owners at many older resorts lost their 2020 weeks last year. While the Westgate units are considered a floating week, they act very much like a fixed week deed. Use the week or put the week into an exchange company. Not much else they can do. If it’s an HGVC unit, the only thing you lose is the complimentary home week (no cost) reservation. Ad @GT75 mentions above, your points would have been auto saved and you could make a club reservation to go during your season. I used my points for several trips this year.

Ginger88

Reaction score
Thank you all for your posts and replies. When we log in, it shows that our points were saved and yes, there are plenty of rooms left for the week we would like to reserve. I think the issue is that Elara was a Westgate property when we purchased, prior to it being converted to HGVC. Because of this transition, it seems like there are just so many more restrictions for owners like us.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
You mention using your home week for July 2021. Unless that is a fixed July week you own you are actually making a club reservation using your allotted points. If you have points showing, and there is availability, call HGVC and get another rep to help you.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
If the points were saved, just book a club reservation? The saved points cannot be booked as a home reservation. So yes it’s $59 for the booking. There is no reason to call a club rep just book online.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thank you all for your posts and replies. When we log in, it shows that our points were saved and yes, there are plenty of rooms left for the week we would like to reserve. I think the issue is that Elara was a Westgate property when we purchased, prior to it being converted to HGVC. Because of this transition, it seems like there are just so many more restrictions for owners like us.

In March 2015 Westgate Elara owners were provided with revised reservation rules

In response to Westgate Owner feedback and in an effort to provide greater reservation flexibility and other significant benefits, the Board of Directors of LV Tower 52 Condominium Owners Association, Inc. (the “Association”) has recently approved several revisions to the reservation rules applicable to Westgate Owners. On behalf of the Association, please be advised that effective April 1 2015, the following reservation rules will apply to Westgate Owners:

Here’s the 2015 Reservation Rules for Westgate Owners. It talks about the new improved rules vs the current/previous Westgate rules - https://tugbbs.com/forums/attachments/lv52-westgate-owners-message-2015-final-pdf.11705/

NOTE: There’s a link to this document on the HGVC resort page on the Club Member website.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I think the issue is that Elara was a Westgate property when we purchased, prior to it being converted to HGVC.
Just to be sure, are you a Westgate owner then?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
So this is an issue with How Westgate protected its owners, not HGVC.

HGVC autosaved and you could book last years points today. Don't know what the agreement is between Westgate and HGVC but if you only owned a week, there is no replacements in 2021 for that inventory from last year. Many fixed week owners where NOT offered anything at many resorts around the country. The points plays were a lot more accommodating on how they handled the issue. A PLUS for points programs, a MINUS for fixed or floating week ownerships.

This is NOT an HGVC issue, this is a westgate.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Yes, Westgate Elara owner.

So, they mistreat you like a stepchild instead of a family member.
Your carriage is really just a pumpkin and there's no prince at the ball.
Sorry.

It's what our new friends at Diamond may be facing down the road.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I honestly don't believe that. The original Westgate owners at Elara are a completely different situation.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I don't believe it either. They would be treating Bay Club, Grand Pacific and Florida Gulf this way. But they do not. The problem is Westgate and Elara is a strange situation.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
What, if any, provisions did Westgate do for their fixed and floating week owners with 2020 inventory??

Again this is not HGVC to blame, but Westgate.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
So, they mistreat you like a stepchild instead of a family member.
Your carriage is really just a pumpkin and there's no prince at the ball.
Sorry.

I agree with those above, this is completely different then the Westgate owners at Elara.