• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

High water bills?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Just got this via email: Jennifer and Jim kept getting huge water bills. They knew beyond a doubt that the bills weren't representative of their actual usage, and no matter how they tried to conserve, the high bills continued. Although they could see nothing wrong, they had everything checked for leaks or problems: the water meter, outdoor pipes, indoor pipes, underground pipes, faucets, toilets, washer, ice maker, etc., all to no avail.

One day Jim was sick and stayed home in bed, but kept hearing water running down stairs. He finally got out of his sick bed to investigate, and stumbled onto the cause of the bills. Apparently this was happening all day long when they were not at home.

Knowing that few would believe him, he taped a segment of the
'problem' for posterity:

http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke/pictures/water-leak/water-leak.wmv

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When I click on the link, I get some kind of a "binary file" download?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
One more reason why we're dog people.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
When I click on the link, I get some kind of a "binary file" download?
That's weird. It is a video of a cat who has learned to flush the toilet and apparently was flushing all day long when his owners were out of the house.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Then it opens it as an excel file and all I see is the binary code - weird!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Really cute, and so like a cat to be that ornery.:D

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this where one of us is supposed to say, "Holy Cat"??? :p

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your computer is probably set to try to open it with Excel instead of a video player. Try opening it with Windows Media Player.

I have a Mac....

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Sorry, Wrong Meter.

My nephew's water bills starting running lots higher ever since the water company replaced all the neighborhood meters last July. Then recently his water bill got really high -- $600 or so. The water company said he had a 1 gallon per minute leak somewhere.

That sounded doubtful, because nothing was dripping or leaking inside the house & there were no signs of leaks on the ground outside. So he called a plumber.

The plumber shut off the valve where the water line enters the house. Then he opened up the meter enclosure out at the street & had a look. Sure enough, the dials were spinning like slot machine reels even though the main water inlet valve at the house was closed.

Then the plumber turned the water off at the meter & turned the water on again at the house -- & with the valves set like that, the house still had running water with good pressure at all the sinks & tubs & toilets.

In replacing everybody's meter back in July, the utility contractor mislabeled the meters. My nephew's meter was connected to his neighbors house & vice versa -- & therefore my nephew's high water bills over the past several months had been caused by his neighbor's leak.

The water company acknowledged the mistake & said it will go back over the water bills & payments from the time the meters were replaced & adjust both customers' accounts accordingly -- good news for my nephew & not such good news for his neighbor.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Problems with water bills

However, no insight to my most recent water bill that was $70 more than the last one.:shrug:

We had a huge jump in our water bill twice (huge yard and only get billed every 2 months). Had water company out and found no leakes. This was during the winter when we don't water things outside. It turned our a faucet WAS leaking in the farthest part of the yard. When we went to check all the faucets after no rain for awhile the ground was ready to fall in. Somehow it didn't show up when they checked but my normal winter bill of aprox $140 for 2 months was $670.
Bart