• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV Pricing

Farisee

Reaction score
Hi all,

do not find many to compare for pricing. To make it confusing I do not see many, if any, post their points or sell based on points as opposed to weeks.

Thanks!
Eric

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most HIVC resorts revert back to weeks when transferred. Gatlinburg, Myrtle Beach and Lake Geneva that are in HIVC are the only ones that transfer with the HIVC weeks intact.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Hi all,

do not find many to compare for pricing. To make it confusing I do not see many, if any, post their points or sell based on points as opposed to weeks.

Thanks!
Eric

are you looking to compare renting , selling , or buying?
HIVC is a smaller of the group of timeshare company's but growing fast.

Heartbreaking thought is our "investments" having no resale value when we want to sell.

Farisee

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My property is in Gatlinburg so the good news is that the points convert. The video link is very good & I had not seen the option to try to have the sales manager resell it for you at double their commission. Wish me luck with that one.

Basically, I wish to sell & the sellers guide says to look in the sales history database. I was not able to find that database, but did look at what is currently listed. That is where it gets complicated also since most do not post or have points listed for the HICV system.

I will post back on my progress.

Farisee

Reaction score
Quick update - I talked to HICV & they will do a deedback (then they can sell it to some other sucker for $20k). I would prefer someone else get it for much cheaper if possible.

They also referred me to TimeSharesOnly. For info I called them and they told me that all I would have to pay upfront was the advertising fee (about $400-$800). They also indicated that it would likely sell for $8k-$11k. They were very good about not promising this, but saying it was what they typically see. When I asked how quickly it would sell they told me it was up to me, based on what offers I accept.

e

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you seem to be getting some awful advice from other sources....

there is little to no resale value, and if HIVC will take it back from you willingly for no fee, id certainly explore that route further.

absolutely sickening (but not suprising) that a Timeshare would refer you to an upfront fee company for "help" with your resale....guess they want you to waste even more money selling than you did buying retail.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am going to PM you with my personal opinion on pricing. That said Timeshares Only isn't going to get you higher offers than Redweek, Myresortnetwork, and TuG. I think you could advertise on all three for under $100.

Farisee

Reaction score
Brian - this site has helped me tremendously! I only wish I would have read it before I bought the timeshare. Live/Learn. I am able to go into this armed with knowledge now and appreciate everyone's help.

e

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian - this site has helped me tremendously! I only wish I would have read it before I bought the timeshare. Live/Learn. I am able to go into this armed with knowledge now and appreciate everyone's help.

e

is the single most frequent thing we hear from owners who find TUG =)