• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHI Restaurant For Christmas

Hornet441

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at the Grande Ocean over Christmas and would like recommendations on a good restaurant for dinner on Christmas day. Doesn't have to be upscale or too expensive, even a good buffet will do. Something close by would be nice but driving is not a problem either. Thanks for the help.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I'm not sure who is open on Xmas Day

We are at the Grande Ocean over Christmas and would like recommendations on a good restaurant for dinner on Christmas day. Doesn't have to be upscale or too expensive, even a good buffet will do. Something close by would be nice but driving is not a problem either. Thanks for the help.

However, if you like casual Italian try Bella Italia on Mathews Drive. The best pizza on the island.

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alligator Grill is good, they are off HHi hywy,but hidden in back of other buildings,so have the front desk give you map quest print out

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying there, too. Are the grills gas and are they spread around the various buildings? We will probably get steaks at Fresh Market and grill out for our Christmas meal.

gwenco

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Open Table

I would do a search on Open Table for Christmas Day dinner options. :wave:

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying there, too. Are the grills gas and are they spread around the various buildings? We will probably get steaks at Fresh Market and grill out for our Christmas meal.

Yes, was there in September,and there is gas grill beside each building

macster43

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are there now

And we had dinner at Market street grill last night it was very good and it is located in the Coligny mall complex which is about 1.5 miles from the resort. There are countless restaurants here and from what I have experienced they are pretty good.

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a great Italian restaurany in Coligny Plaza called Just Pasta. It's kinda a hole in the wall place, with amazing food. We also enjoy Truffles a lot. If you like seafood, I was told the Black Marlin is amazing.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'd choose Red Fish if they are open. It's just on the other side of the Sea Pines traffic circle and always wonderful. Second choice would be Truffles.

Deb

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I second Red Fish. It's our favorite place on Hilton Head, we've never had a meal there that wasn't great.
Deb

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time we stayed at HHI over Christmas, the resort had a list of restaurants that were open Christmas Eve Night and Christmas Day.

terden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana, near Sea Pines Circle. Expensive, but one of the best meals you will ever have. I know they are open Christmas eve, but am not sure about the day. It is a special treat. Reservations required.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do some of the Italian restaurants do the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve? We had a local place here do it, and we took all the family--amazing night! If they do, I would highly recommend it.

Alas, the local place here didn't make it through the recession and closed earlier this year. :(

terden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do some of the Italian restaurants do the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve? We had a local place here do it, and we took all the family--amazing night! If they do, I would highly recommend it.

Alas, the local place here didn't make it through the recession and closed earlier this year. :(

Michael Anthony's does the feast of the seven fishes.