• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC

Toddaagard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
HGVC need advice. I currently own Worldmark . . Very happy with the value/price point. But I do like HGVC resorts . . They are a full bubble above Worldmark. I have traded into HGVC via RCI . . But always get the worst location . . Which is apart of the game butttt I am thinking of buying a low cost resale HGVC points . . But zero idea . . this is where I need help . . 1. As a HGVC member can I make a reservation around the 6th month point - with just cash? . . No points since I will be buying as few points as possible . . Much like a Worldmark 5,000 point contract. 2. Maintenance fees - Home resort: I’m sure most people are in the know and these contracts are more expensive? . . Which home resort would you recommend for the most bang for your buck?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Open season which is cash price option is only available at 30 day mark, and there is a 2 night minimum.

There is a historical annual MF thread over at the HGVC forum. This would be better suited to be over there, maybe the mod of this thread can move it.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
... I have traded into HGVC via RCI . . But always get the worst location . . Which is apart of the game butttt.....
I don't recall hearing that.
Which HGVC resorts and during what time period? Peak holiday dates?

Toddaagard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I don't recall hearing that.
Which HGVC resorts and during what time period? Peak holiday dates?
Not peak . . Usually shoulder . . Many of the HGVC resorts . . Not just one or two . . Including Hawaii.

Toddaagard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Open season which is cash price option is only available at 30 day mark, and there is a 2 night minimum.

There is a historical annual MF thread over at the HGVC forum. This would be better suited to be over there, maybe the mod of this thread can move it.
What is the cash price . . I’m sure it varies. . . But let’s take Ocean Bay Club - BI Hawaii . . For a week . . Would you know the total HGVC annual cost - if I only had an 9,000 point HGVC contract - I used it for a full week in Hawaii? Trying to understand what my total cost per night would be.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
@Toddaagard you need to go and read all the stickies in the HGVC thread. This forum is too generic, especially when it is HGVC info you are after....