• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC waived rofr

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just got word that my purchase of Kingsland 14,400 annual 2br platinum premier passed rofr at $13k.

woohoo!

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
awesome

I just got word that my purchase of Kingsland 14,400 annual 2br platinum premier passed rofr at $13k.

woohoo!

congrats. Great price for MF/point ratio

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

woohoo!

Awesome!! That's a fantastic deal..

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a great purchase! Congrats.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do prices seem to keep falling and falling.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If you dont mind sharing, i was wondering what the maintenance fee for a 2br premiere at kingsland is currently?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you dont mind sharing, i was wondering what the maintenance fee for a 2br premiere at kingsland is currently?

I think its $1630.28, I dont have the closing docs yet, its being handled by Old Republic.

I have been looking to upgrade to one of these all year, I started out talking to hgvc sales, they wanted $30k plus my existing eoy odd 2br plus ($16k trade in value). All the resellers wanted $19k-$26k. I spotted this one the day it was posted in TUG marketplace by Syed Sarmad and jumped on it. It must have been someone wanting to get rid of it quick.

I sold my 8700 eoy gold 2br plus for $3k, waiting to see if it passes rofr, but I expect it will. Prices are coming down on resales.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Dave,

Congrats on the purchase, that's a great property and a great MF/ratio -- enjoy your trips!

Best,

Greg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
With better resale prices and hgvc letting them passs rofr. I might have to get rid of some units to get these lower maintenance fee kingsland point generators.
At the cheaper maintenance fee it would still take me 10 years to break even saving on maintenance fees. Does not take into account what i can sell the current units for. Which would be very little.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With better resale prices and hgvc letting them passs rofr. I might have to get rid of some units to get these lower maintenance fee kingsland point generators.
At the cheaper maintenance fee it would still take me 10 years to break even saving on maintenance fees. Does not take into account what i can sell the current units for. Which would be very little.

Agree, but I plan on using it for the next 20 years. I'm going to dump my Lagoon next year after I use it one more time. If I can get the same amount I figure it was only $8k to upgrade after all the fees.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will reiterate again, this amortization of cash going out the door over a long period of time is a terrible financial proposition for those Americans who do not fall in the top 10-15% of the USA Annual household income

All it does is help rationalize large outflows of cash based on assumptions that can not be counted on long term.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
any further updates on the Rofr
by HGVC

Not exactly sure what you were questioning about ROFR. In general HGVC is currently not exercising their ROFR rights very often. That could change sometime in future, but for now its less likely than in the past.

The OP, SmithOP already shared that his unit passed ROFR.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
I just got word today that my purchase of a 1BR 4800 Platinum at Sea World for $2500 passed ROFR.

It's my first purchase, so I'm super excited!

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got word today that my purchase of a 1BR 4800 Platinum at Sea World for $2500 passed ROFR.

It's my first purchase, so I'm super excited!
Prices keep dropping. .. that used to be closer to 4 or 5k..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Prices keep dropping. .. that used to be closer to 4 or 5k..

It was an e-Bay purchase, and even though I was nervous about jumping in on my first purchase without using an agent like Seth or Judi, I felt like the low purchase price and the relatively low membership fee made it a pretty good buy. Maybe I could have gotten it for even less, but...I'm pretty happy with where I landed.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
With all this considered on points, does it seem reasonable to consider selling two 5000 point Flamingos and looking for 1 7000 point Flamingo? We got one, then the other and it's certainly not the wisest configuration, especially as we have more points than we really need.

Does this even make sense, long term? (And, to address valid concerns discussed up-thread, we are OK with an outlay now to amortize over time, cash-flow-wise :))

Cheers.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
With all this considered on points, does it seem reasonable to consider selling two 5000 point Flamingos and looking for 1 7000 point Flamingo? We got one, then the other and it's certainly not the wisest configuration, especially as we have more points than we really need.

Does this even make sense, long term? (And, to address valid concerns discussed up-thread, we are OK with an outlay now to amortize over time, cash-flow-wise :))

Cheers.
How many points are you using a year?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points are you using a year?

At present we use under 10,000 and we have 5000 elsewhere that we're planning to keep. In the future (once we retire) we may need more. But we'd be saving over $1K per year until then, so I would expect that to cover any sell/buy (plus fees) differential.

Cheers.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
At present we use under 10,000 and we have 5000 elsewhere that we're planning to keep. In the future (once we retire) we may need more. But we'd be saving over $1K per year until then, so I would expect that to cover any sell/buy (plus fees) differential.

Cheers.
Own what you need or a little less so that you borrow a little every year.. depending on where you go..use open season..

For example, if you sell one of the 5k packages and don't replace it and open season or rci last calls (if you are going to Vegas or orlando), you might be better off..

Less is more..

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Cheers.
You've missed the sweet spot for selling this year, its best to start in Sep-Oct timeframe so the new owner pays the maintain fee and has time for a summer booking the following year. I would use 2016 points since you will be paying for them. I won't buy from the eBay sellers that want you to pay same year fees because they take so long to transfer and no time left to book in the year without paying rescue fees.

I have another one to sell but I'm using it in May then list it in Sep. New owners won't have to pay club fees after Oct either.

I quit listening to financial guys, do what makes you happy, you could get hit by a bus next week.