• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Waikoloa Beach Resort

Beachlady

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at the new HGVC Waikoloa Beach resort and have a Owners review? I'm looking at what incentives they are offering to do this?

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
New HGVC at Waikoloa

Just returned from the Big Island where we stayed at HGVC. It is beautiful but still considered a "hard hat" area. In fact, they have not even had the grand opening yet and only 2 of the buildings are complete. We were told the grand opening will be in two weeks. Lots of construction still going on.
The rooms are typical Hilton luxury. Flat screen TVs and full internet access were nice. All are two bedroom suites.
For those familiar with the area, it is next to The Bay Club (north side). There is limited to no ocean views. The pool is large and kid friendly with a slide and fountains. All for only $40,000 plus.
We were told they are selling like hotcakes. I am not sure why. The Bay Club (IMHO) is just as good if not better. The rooms are better (it was built as a condo) with tons of closet space. It is showing its age, but the association is remodeling the interiors of the units. I think the views are better and there are at least 40 one bedrooms for those who use points. I most likely will do a review.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was talking the tour about 15 months ago, there were a lot of Japanese couple doing tours. I guess they are a bit behind schedule since they were talking Q4 2005 at that point. The only thing the Waikaloa suites have over Bay Club is access to the HWV pools.

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pool access

I mentioned this to the HGVC sales consultant (who was very good and indicated that I knew as much or more about timesharing than she did). I said that the only advantage I could see was the use of the hotel pool. Adults do not care. Young children are content with one of the three pools at the Bay Club. Teens (as ours did) simply find other teens at the hotel who invite them in. The sales consultant had us out of the office in less than 30 minutes.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harry said:
I mentioned this to the HGVC sales consultant (who was very good and indicated that I knew as much or more about timesharing than she did). I said that the only advantage I could see was the use of the hotel pool. Adults do not care. Young children are content with one of the three pools at the Bay Club. Teens (as ours did) simply find other teens at the hotel who invite them in. The sales consultant had us out of the office in less than 30 minutes.

The sales consultant we had when we took the tour in 09/04 while staying at the Bay Club was the absolute worst you could ever imagine. She was going make us sit in her office for 60 minutes (to fullfill the full 90 minutes) if I wanted to get my 20,000 HHonors points for the tour. So we just sat there & talked while she left for 20 minutes and finally relented and let us go..What a bitch! She was obviously pissed that we were wasting her time and was going to make things as miserable as possible.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
I am at HGVC Waikoloa.

This is the third day of our stay. The resort is nice. We are enjoying ourselves very much. It is not as exciting as Hilton Hawaiian Village. You know this is Big Island. So time flows very slow and there is no big city hustle. While I remember the coastal line was closer in the land scape model I saw at HHV, it is built in land. Maybe you could see the sea from the third floor; we are staying on the second. I think the room decoration is not super but great. In your room, you have everything but I found no pepper and salt. In the master bedroom, there is a very big bathtub, unfortunately with no jet bubble. You can use facilities in Hilton Waikoloa. That is great particularly for families with kids. I think HGVC pool is nice in design and size but it is a timeshare pool with no frills. The hotel pools are huge and they have entertainment elements. Also you can see dolphines without paying no $$. I have two more days to go and will stay at Lagoon Tower at HHW. I am hoping to report more in good order when I return home.