• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hgvc seaworld

cathydimi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me the difference between the 3 bedroom and 3 bedroom plus at Hgvc Seaworld?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
By just searching, it looks like 2,063 sqft for the plus, vs 1,621 sqft. 3b Plus has 1 king, 2 queens, and 1 king, 3b has 1 king, 2 queen, 2 queen. I found this attached floor plan, it fits the 3b plus description.

I just noticed that the 1,621 sqft 3b is a lock-off. It is a 2b and a studio, so you get a full kitchen and a kitchenette.

HH_3dfloorplan003_4_675x359_FitToBox_Center.jpg

Hopefully someone else could give you a little more info if they have stayed here.

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
By just searching, it looks like 2,063 sqft for the plus, vs 1,621 sqft. 3b Plus has 1 king, 2 queens, and 1 king, 3b has 1 king, 2 queen, 2 queen. I found this attached floor plan, it fits the 3b plus description.

I just noticed that the 1,621 sqft 3b is a lock-off. It is a 2b and a studio, so you get a full kitchen and a kitchenette.

HH_3dfloorplan003_4_675x359_FitToBox_Center.jpg

Hopefully someone else could give you a little more info if they have stayed here.

Do they both sleep only 8? In the 3 BR if you have a King and 4 Queens in the bedrooms it seems that you could sleep 10 privately without even using the sleeper sofa if they have one.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Do they both sleep only 8? In the 3 BR if you have a King and 4 Queens in the bedrooms it seems that you could sleep 10 privately without even using the sleeper sofa if they have one.
Yes, I saw that too, but on the website it shows 8 people for the 3bs.

3 Bedroom (3BB)
Size 1,621 sqft Accommodates 8 guests

This spacious three-bedroom, three-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and a bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination. The third bedroom includes two queen-size beds, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination. The suite offers a generous living room with separate dining area, cable TV with DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

3 Bedroom (3LK)

Size 1,621 sqft Accommodates 8 guests
This spacious three-bedroom, three-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two queen-size beds and a bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination. The third bedroom includes two queen-size beds and chair with ottoman, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination, a convenient kitchenette, and can be easily locked off from the main living area to create a relaxing element of privacy. The suite offers a generous living room with separate dining area, cable TV with DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

3 Bedroom Plus (3BB)
Size 2,063 sqft Accommodates 8 guests

This spacious three-bedroom, three-bathroom suite with screened balcony or patio features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate tub. The second bedroom includes two queen-size beds and a bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination. The third bedroom is furnished with a king-size bed, bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination, and kitchenette. The suite offers a generous living room with separate dining area, three separate entrances, cable TV with DVD player and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

cathydimi

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I put it on my main computer it doesn't show that. Only on my iphone. That you.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

HGVC have no 3br rooms that sleep 10, they all only sleep 8. I don’t know how strict they are on enforcing it but I guess they are strict as it comes down to the fire regulations.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
HGVC have no 3br rooms that sleep 10, they all only sleep 8. I don’t know how strict they are on enforcing it but I guess they are strict as it comes down to the fire regulations.

I understand the fire regulations are to assure that the means of egress from the building are not impeded but sometimes the regulations are rules that are made without taking into consideration what is the actual reality. The reality is that many accommodations don't use up the full number of beds that the accommodations allow. For instance how many 1 BR units that accommodate 4 are occupied by just 2 people? How many 2 BR units that accommodate 6 but are occupied by just 4 people? Therefore, at times having 10 people in a 3 BR unit that accommodates 8 people is really not a problem.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand the fire regulations are to assure that the means of egress from the building are not impeded but sometimes the regulations are rules that are made without taking into consideration what is the actual reality. The reality is that many accommodations don't use up the full number of beds that the accommodations allow. For instance how many 1 BR units that accommodate 4 are occupied by just 2 people? How many 2 BR units that accommodate 6 but are occupied by just 4 people? Therefore, at times having 10 people in a 3 BR unit that accommodates 8 people is really not a problem.

IMO I wouldn’t do it. If anyone for any reason found out you would loose the room. That is not worth the risk.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

The important point for the regulations is not egress from the building, but from the room. It's about how many people can get out of the room in a reasonable time. Certainly the building matters as well, of course, but the per-room regulations are about the room.

With that said, we've had 3 in a W. 57th Studio Premier due to the extra room. From an egress standpoint, two are coming from the direction of the bed and the third comes from the opposite direction of the sofa with no conflict. So I get that the "studio" sleeps 2 there, but that clearly does not take into account the layout. As a counterpoint, the 1BR at W. 57th sleeps 4, I believe. However, based on the layout, and with a single door the same size as the Studio Premier, all 4 people would follow the same access route to the door. Thus, despite the larger room size, there is potentially more risk here. So I get that often the rules are made without specific regard to a layout and egress path and are made, rightfully so, to be conservative. But they don't all make sense.

Cheers.

jestme

Reaction score
If egress is the issue, then why do all hotel chains (including Hilton) allow 4 people in two double or queen sized beds in a hotel room when in a timeshare the same room would be called a studio which only allows 2?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If egress is the issue, then why do all hotel chains (including Hilton) allow 4 people in two double or queen sized beds in a hotel room when in a timeshare the same room would be called a studio which only allows 2?

In the end, likely to get folks to buy/use more points for the timeshare :)

Cheers.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IMO I wouldn’t do it. If anyone for any reason found out you would loose the room. That is not worth the risk.

I am NOT suggesting doing it either. I am just commenting on how the Fire Regulations can be very general and not specific to certain real situations.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The important point for the regulations is not egress from the building, but from the room. It's about how many people can get out of the room in a reasonable time. Certainly the building matters as well, of course, but the per-room regulations are about the room.

With that said, we've had 3 in a W. 57th Studio Premier due to the extra room. From an egress standpoint, two are coming from the direction of the bed and the third comes from the opposite direction of the sofa with no conflict. So I get that the "studio" sleeps 2 there, but that clearly does not take into account the layout. As a counterpoint, the 1BR at W. 57th sleeps 4, I believe. However, based on the layout, and with a single door the same size as the Studio Premier, all 4 people would follow the same access route to the door. Thus, despite the larger room size, there is potentially more risk here. So I get that often the rules are made without specific regard to a layout and egress path and are made, rightfully so, to be conservative. But they don't all make sense.

Cheers.

OK, how many people can egress from a room in a reasonable amount of time. Well if it is a 3 BR in the worst case there would be 2 to 4 people in each bedroom. They would need to get through the bedroom door and perhaps down a hallway to the front door of the apartment. All people would need to get through the front door of the apartment which opens in, (and has a door closer on it to force it close). That would be the determining factor in how fast they could egress the apartment. However, the front door of the apartment is the same size no matter how big the apartment is, Studio, 1 BR, 2 BR, or 3 BR. Therefore, if the number of people that could get out of the apartment in a reasonable amount of time was the determining factor the larger apartments should have double front doors! Furthermore, clearly the concern over 3 versus 2 in a Studio, 5 versus 4 in a 1 Bedroom, and 7 versus 6 in a 2 BR would not hold water.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
First, I'm not a fire Marshall (and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express), but it seems to me that the path to the door matters as well. For bigger units, the paths to the door from different areas will be different lengths. Thus, not all of the people will reasonably get to the door at the same time. It's people/unit time (and not absolute number of people) through a fixed-sized egress that impacts how effectively people can get out. Larger units better distribute the people/unit time aspect than smaller units. Again, this is conjecture on my part but, clearly, different-sized rooms have been given occupancy capacities by folks who know how to assess this, even with doorways of the same size. Not sure I can think of other ways to allow this if it's not based on pathway to toe door.

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Like BRP, i don't have any special knowledge of fire regulations.. However based on my many years of working in a high rise office tower, i know that for our fire drills the fire department measure how long it takes us to empty the entire campus, (3 towers, 18 stories each). I think we get something like 8 or 10 minutes from the time they pull the alarm for the drill to be considered a success.

A big part of the that time is the time it takes for everyone to make their way through the halls and down the stairs.

I suspect the occupancy limits may be based not just on individual room configuration, but also the dimension of the outer hallways, stairwells etc.

Just a guess on my part.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)