• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Rescission

kbg21

Reaction score
Hello all,

I made the bad decision of signing a $29k contract for 5000 points for a 2BD at Andersen Ocean Club (HGVC). Presentation and sales pitch was on 12/27 (in Orlanda, FL) and the contract states I have 10 days to rescind. I had a bad feeling since the day after signing since I committed to this sum with no prior information or research. Glad I did some research and came across this forum! I am preparing to send the rescission letter today by certified mail. Is there anything else that needs to be done apart from sending them the letter (i.e. call them or send them an email as well?). Thanks a ton in advance. I definitely want to become a member of this forum and do some research before buying resale.

lkc1234

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I made the bad decision of signing a $29k contract for 5000 points for a 2BD at Andersen Ocean Club (HGVC). Presentation and sales pitch was on 12/27 (in Orlanda, FL) and the contract states I have 10 days to rescind. I had a bad feeling since the day after signing since I committed to this sum with no prior information or research. Glad I did some research and came across this forum! I am preparing to send the rescission letter today by certified mail. Is there anything else that needs to be done apart from sending them the letter (i.e. call them or send them an email as well?). Thanks a ton in advance. I definitely want to become a member of this forum and do some research before buying resale.
Send the rescind letter as soon as possible by certified priority male with a tracking number and requiring them to sign when they receive. Glad you found this forum. You can buy the same timeshare for almost nothing on this website.

kbg21

Reaction score
Send the rescind letter as soon as possible by certified priority male with a tracking number and requiring them to sign when they receive. Glad you found this forum. You can buy the same timeshare for almost nothing on this website.
Yes, thank you very much! So glad I found this forum.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Not what you want to hear, but I paid -0- for 5K points at a HGVC affiliate.
Some guy just gave it away, as I may do shortly with another TS.

HGVC is a consumer-friendly company, but avoid its sales peep like the plague.
They are weasels and have -0- scruples.

Shaw

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hi,
We just bought in Vegas and sent our rescission the next day. It was received on 12/30. I tried calling the corporate office and was able to find the extension for Jari Alvarez. Of course no answer and no call back, but maybe he’s on vacation for New Years? Was that the name of the person responsible for rescissions on your paperwork too? Anyway I’d super appreciate it if you could let me know when you hear back about your rescission and I can do the same. I get the impression that it’s really just a waiting game now, but man that’s difficult. Good luck with the whole thing!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hi,
We just bought in Vegas and sent our rescission the next day. It was received on 12/30. I tried calling the corporate office and was able to find the extension for Jari Alvarez. Of course no answer and no call back, but maybe he’s on vacation for New Years? Was that the name of the person responsible for rescissions on your paperwork too? Anyway I’d super appreciate it if you could let me know when you hear back about your rescission and I can do the same. I get the impression that it’s really just a waiting game now, but man that’s difficult. Good luck with the whole thing!

As long as you follow the instructions, HGVC is required by law to uphold the recession. With the exception of the sales department, HGVC treats their customers very well. They will honor your right.

That being said, they are no way obligatory give you any update or even tell you when it’s completed. You will know when the deed is removed from your contract and any down payment is returned. Do not call your salesman as they will try and get you to reverse your decision.

Congrats and if you are still interested, check out the resale market.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Assuming you did everything correctly, then you should receive your refund within 45 days.

Sit back, relax, and go celebrate!

Happy New Year!

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Don’t call! They’ll just pressure you not to rescind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaw

Reaction score
As long as you follow the instructions, HGVC is required by law to uphold the recession. With the exception of the sales department, HGVC treats their customers very well. They will honor your right.

That being said, they are no way obligatory give you any update or even tell you when it’s completed. You will know when the deed is removed from your contract and any down payment is returned. Do not call your salesman as they will try and get you to reverse your decision.

Congrats and if you are still interested, check out the resale market.
Thanks for the encouragement. So we will get another document that says the deed is removed and the contract void or something like that correct?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... So we will get another document that says the deed is removed and the contract void or something like that, correct?

No. You'll get nothing official - there's no requirement.
The salesman may contact you to try to salvage the deal,
Do not talk to him. Sales peep have nothing to do with it.

Shaw

Reaction score
No. You'll get nothing official - there's no requirement.
The salesman may contact you to try to salvage the deal,
Do not talk to him. Sales peep have nothing to do with it.
Thanks

kbg21

Reaction score
Hi,
Hi,
Yes I had the contact as Jari Alvarez for mailing in the rescission letter. I sent mine yesterday, expecting it to be delivered on Monday. Will keep you posted on the progress. Thank you for reaching out :)

ppetrillo18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton grand vacations Las palermas
This is good info as I am going to send out my letter on Monday. Good to know you won't expect to hear anything back. But as you know they received it you should be good

Shaw

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes I had the contact as Jari Alvarez for mailing in the rescission letter. I sent mine yesterday, expecting it to be delivered on Monday. Will keep you posted on the progress. Thank you for reaching out :)
We checked the credit card we put the deposit on today and got a full refund. We didn’t get any other notification.

kbg21

Reaction score
We checked the credit card we put the deposit on today and got a full refund. We didn’t get any other notification.
Thanks for letting me know. I just checked my statement and the refund isn't there yet. Fingers crossed!

ppetrillo18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, I sent mine out for a Wed 1/5 delivery and I have proof of delivery. I put the 20% down payment on a new Hilton Honors credit card. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to get a refund. What if I don't hear anything after 45 days? What is my recourse?

Also, my wife and I are still interested in the HGVC timeshare concept and interested in resale opportunities. We are new to this. What are best steps to research and find resale opportunities on the market. We are thinking about a platinum week (4800 points a year). We were set to do Las Palmeras for 3400 points (Gold) for $21k with $1269 total maintenance fee/yr. but I think the way we vacation we would want the more premium time periods that platinum offers and would be willing to pay for that convenience.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, I sent mine out for a Wed 1/5 delivery and I have proof of delivery. I put the 20% down payment on a new Hilton Honors credit card. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to get a refund. What if I don't hear anything after 45 days? What is my recourse?

Also, my wife and I are still interested in the HGVC timeshare concept and interested in resale opportunities. We are new to this. What are best steps to research and find resale opportunities on the market. We are thinking about a platinum week (4800 points a year). We were set to do Las Palmeras for 3400 points (Gold) for $21k with $1269 total maintenance fee/yr. but I think the way we vacation we would want the more premium time periods that platinum offers and would be willing to pay for that convenience.

First all, determine what you need. Do you plan on taking anybody with you? How many trips do you plan on taking? Are you going to go to places that have higher points to book? Here is a link to a points chart (it’s from 2020, but it will give you a good idea).

I usually recommend a 7000 point platinum 2 bedroom or similar deed. If it’s just you and your wife, it will give you the flexibility to take a couple of trips. If you are only interested in prime time/full week/ weekend trips, this is the way to go. If you want to go only on a trip or two/in studios/weekdays, a 4800 point platinum 1 bedroom will work.

We bought a 7000 point deed thinking it would be enough and after a couple of years, we bought more (all resale). In fact, we have already burned through 2022’s points and had to borrow from 2023 to get the trip we wanted. (2 2 bedrooms for 9 days at Ocean Oak).

Good luck! You’ve come to the right place to get info!

ppetrillo18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We usually spend one week down in seabrook island south carolina (coast of Charleston) each year. No HGVC down there other than the Charleston resort but that is in the city. So only really looking for one week a year for a while. Trips in the US and once every couple years a trip internationally to Europe or Caribbean. Two older teenage kids (15 and 18 so they will typically come and maybe bring a friend). That's the plan for a good 5-10 years.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany, SVV

I’ve seen 3400 point contracts for Tuscany Village going for $30 on eBay.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Assuming you did everything correctly (and timely) then you should have a full refund by February 20th. I highly doubt you will have any issues with your refund request, but if you do then you will need to send a copy of your rescission paperwork to the Atty. General's office (Consumer Protection Division) and they will run with it......

Chances are real good you'll be taken care of prior to February 20th, and you won't need to pursue any further action......

Best of luck!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
@Shaw We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

kbg21

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Update regarding my rescission. My letter was received by them on Jan3rd but so far haven't heard anything and haven't received the refund. But there is still time for the 45days according to the contract so keeping fingers crossed.
I am also looking at buying resale for around 5000-7000 points annual. For now looking at FB groups and this forum. Any other resources to buy resale?
Thank you

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
For now looking at FB groups and this forum. Any other resources to buy resale?
Thank you
TUG marketplace and recommended HGVC resale brokers.

dsmtrvlr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None … yet
Assuming you did everything correctly (and timely) then you should have a full refund by February 20th. I highly doubt you will have any issues with your refund request, but if you do then you will need to send a copy of your rescission paperwork to the Atty. General's office (Consumer Protection Division) and they will run with it......

Chances are real good you'll be taken care of prior to February 20th, and you won't need to pursue any further action......

Best of luck!

New to the forums. Is there a recommended recession letter? I feel kind of silly but we just signed ok thru HGV for a biennial TS -be at King’s Land for 20k, $1345 MF and 4800pts every even year. They gave use 15k bonus pts since we paid cash. We are still well within recession period.
I was all against it thinking it was worthless. Then I realized there are definitely some benefits. And honestly if we used it even if I could sell it for $1500 down the road and we got the use out of our points and saved a little or it got us to travel outside of where we maybe would have otherwise, then it would be worth it.
So I guess I’m going back and forth. I def overpaid since it’s retail based on what I’ve seen online. I was pretty firm that we weren’t going to sign b4 the trip because I was thinking old school timeshare and we like to travel to new places.
So … recommendations? Am I a fool not to cancel given the cost? Can i find something cheaper or similar through resale or in a few years? I bought on a whim because I figured to buy the same thing in a few years retail would be more expensive than today. I’m still well within recision. So could do either. What would you all recommend to a newbie like me? We like to travel and take at least 2x weeklong trips. Like the idea of being able to bring friends or ‘donate’ a stay to nonprofit groups I’m part of. Any recs from the more experienced?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New to the forums. Is there a recommended recession letter? I feel kind of silly but we just signed ok thru HGV for a biennial TS -be at King’s Land for 20k, $1345 MF and 4800pts every even year. They gave use 15k bonus pts since we paid cash. We are still well within recession period.
I was all against it thinking it was worthless. Then I realized there are definitely some benefits. And honestly if we used it even if I could sell it for $1500 down the road and we got the use out of our points and saved a little or it got us to travel outside of where we maybe would have otherwise, then it would be worth it.
So I guess I’m going back and forth. I def overpaid since it’s retail based on what I’ve seen online. I was pretty firm that we weren’t going to sign b4 the trip because I was thinking old school timeshare and we like to travel to new places.
So … recommendations? Am I a fool not to cancel given the cost? Can i find something cheaper or similar through resale or in a few years? I bought on a whim because I figured to buy the same thing in a few years retail would be more expensive than today. I’m still well within recision. So could do either. What would you all recommend to a newbie like me? We like to travel and take at least 2x weeklong trips. Like the idea of being able to bring friends or ‘donate’ a stay to nonprofit groups I’m part of. Any recs from the more experienced?

Rescind! You can get a much better deal with a much better MF point on the resale market. You can get a great platinum 2 bedroom in Vegas with a great MF for around $8000 all in. If you want a larger point deed, you can get a Kingsland 14,400 point deed all in for a few grand less than your current purchase. You can get an even better deal if you are patient enough. (All in is the total cost of the deed, deed prep, transfer and enrollment).

Personally, I love the HGVC system. It’s very flexible and user friendly. We love the large accommodations and we have never been disappointed in the level of quality when we arrive.