• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Owners Survey - How would YOU answer?

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had the chance to do an online HGVC survey today and one question got me thinking about the HGVC owners here on TUG.

The question was something like this:

If HGVC were to open/build more resorts, where would you like HGVC to build or open these resorts? I was given the choice to list 3.

My 3 answers:

Maui/Kaui

Palm Springs/Palm Desert

San Francisco

So....what would be your TOP 3 new locations for HGVC????

Rick

Steve

Reaction score
Go HGVC!

Here are my answers:

1) Jackson Hole, Wyoming

2) Santa Barbara, California

3) Santa Fe, New Mexico

I certainly would like to see HGVC build some new resorts!

Steve

llandaff

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Sedona, AZ
2) Pacific Northwest
3) Tennessee

I think I could be waiting a LONG time! ;)

Vicki.

temerson

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are probably getting our hopes up and actually plan to build another in Orlando or Vegas. :p

My choices:

1. Maui/Kauai
2. Tahoe
3. St. Maarten

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
llandaff said:
1) I think I could be waiting a LONG time! ;)

Vicki.

Well, that probably is true...it didn't imply they were going to build more....but at least they may be thinking of getting out of just FL, HI & Vegas. :)

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Hilton reacquiring the International group, it now gives them the opportunity to build outside North America which they never had prior. Anything outside NA was only affiliates before. I personally would like to see a HGVC developed resort at:

- Pacific Rim (Thialand, Fiji, New Zealand, Austallia etc.) - This could make a Hawaii trip extended into a great adventure, while providing additional location for the Japaneese owners.

- Eastern Ski Destination (Tremblant, Snowshoe, Stratton etc.)

- Carrabean Destination (Aruba, St. Thomas etc.)

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My vote is:

1 - Santa Fe
2 - Gatlinburg
3 - Jackson Hole

If they did this, I may even join the club with my Hurricane House week.

Suzy

haygos01

Reaction score
My picks

I also filled out the survey and here were my choices:

1 Maui
2 Florida Keys
3 USVI, or ABC islands

I based my decision on the fact that next year HGVC general members will get access to CI which covers Palm Desert, Kaui (Pahio) and Zihuatanejo.

I know everyone feels there is too much coverage in Florida, but there is no resort in the keys, the closest resort is South Beach and if you wanted to go to Key west, that is a 4 hour drive each way.

Finally I thought of Fiji or other Pac Rim destinations but I believe the majority of HGVC owners are on the east coast and USVI or the ABCs had a better chance than Fiji etc.

When I was in Waikaloa, the rep indicated they were working on Maui...but until I see it, I am going to keep pushing for it.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
#1 usvi
#2 Destin Fla 9 (everything else is south)
#3 maui

#4 park city
#5 whistler
#6 scottdale

Last edited:

SallyMagoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzy said:
My vote is:

1 - Santa Fe
2 - Gatlinburg
3 - Jackson Hole

If they did this, I may even join the club with my Hurricane House week.

Suzy

I've already got Santa Fe covered with our Sunterra week. Though RCI gives ****! trading power for Santa Fe (can't figure out why), we've had good luck with private trades. Two posts here have mentioned Santa Fe, and you can't convince me it's not a highly desirable location. Wish Hilton would buy the property. I would rather have more points in Hilton than converting to Sunterra points.

My vote:

1. London (very hard to get even with Hilton points in RCI)
2. San Francisco or California wine country
3. Another location on continent in Europe (France or Italy?)

It seems to me that Hilton has Hawaii well covered. I wouldn't mind seeing Hiltons in the Carribean, Whistler, Scottsdale, even Key West, as others have mentioned.

SallyMagoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
Hilton has the two islands I don't care to visit covered.

Yes, I see your point. I know Maui is popular, but my sister didn't like it so I'm not that excited to go there. We enjoyed our visits to Oahu, Kauai and the big island I know some people don't care for Oahu and the big island is a different kind of experience.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
My top three are :

• Caribbean beach front property
  • California (West Coast) property
  • Expansion of the Hilton Club program in major international cities with HGVC member access