• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC International Drive & HGVC Seaworld

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be going to Florida next April/May and we can choose between Hilton Grand Vacations Club On International Drive in Orlando or Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld. We are not familiar with either. Both sound great. Looking for input from anyone familiar with these resorts. Thanks

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I have be to HGVC Seaworld 3 or 4 times, it is older but the units are being refurbished (granite/carpet etc..) but even older units are nice and have big screen TVs, pool and activities are great and has a theater room where movies are shown if you have little ones.

I have toured HGVC International it is newer, a little more upscale I would say. Negative If you have large group in 1 unit believe is that the 2 bedrooms are configured for maximum of 6 people, where seaworld is for 8.

Both have 3 bedroom units.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We will be going to Florida next April/May and we can choose between Hilton Grand Vacations Club On International Drive in Orlando or Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld. We are not familiar with either. Both sound great. Looking for input from anyone familiar with these resorts.

Seaworld is slightly older, but I'd say fairly equal in terms of facilities and amenities. Some of Seaword's buildings are somewhat distant from the main building, as its laid-out along a narrow E-W axis; howerver, there is a secondary pool+spa for those in the outer-fringes. Seaword is closer to Universal, the unwashed hords that crowd upper International Drive, and <cough> Seaworld. International Drive is better laid out, has more of a resort-feel, and closer to Disney, but is a fair distance from everything off-campus.

hicksville

Reaction score
stayed at I-drive place last year. Was very nice
never been to the other. friend told seaworld units were a bit bigger
I always choose newer vs size...

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. There will be 6 adults and we were offered a 3 br at each resort. I remember reading that on International Drive it has all of their 3 br's in buildings 1 & 2 which I believe are near the main pool. As for the resort location neitherresort would be a problem.

We probably can't go wrong with either resort.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the 3 BRs at IDrive are all in building 1 or 2, then I would definitely take the IDrive location. Stayed there in April, 4 adults and one kid in a 2BR, building 2, overlooking the pool and lagoon. Beautiful units, and getting one of these two buildings near the pool is wonderful for kids and adults alike (the bar and snack bar are near the pool too). I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

-Bob

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I've been to both and prefer the I Drive property (it's newer) and location (across the street from grocery store and next to outlet mall).

MadDawg

Reaction score
I drive for couples or families with older kids.

Seaworld for families with younger kids.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the 3 BRs at IDrive are all in building 1 or 2, then I would definitely take the IDrive location. Stayed there in April, 4 adults and one kid in a 2BR, building 2, overlooking the pool and lagoon. Beautiful units, and getting one of these two buildings near the pool is wonderful for kids and adults alike (the bar and snack bar are near the pool too). I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

-Bob

Bob, I was told on Tug to go after building 6 or 7 for the view... ???

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? Who told you that?

I've seen some folks on TUG say they like 6 or 7 because they're newer, but our unit in building 2 was in top-notch condition. I really, really liked being in 2 (or 1) to be close to the pool, bar, and snack bar. It was especially important for us, with a 5 year old granddaughter in tow, to be close to the pool. If you're not concerned about that, I guess any building will do. But I have a strong preference for 1 or 2 to be near the resort facilities.

I don't understand the "view" comment, though. We had a great view of the pool and lagoon. I'm not sure there's anything additional that 6 or 7 would be able to see.

suekap

Reaction score
Blues,

You convinced me to stay in buidings 1 or 2, I just called the hilton to request it. I wanted to stay in 7 because of it being new, but we are constantly going back and forth to the pool. We are not going to any parks while we are at the reseort. thanks.:whoopie:

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
As all buildings kind of circle around the lake, I imagine the view would be good from all buildings as long as you're on a higher floor and not in one the side units. However, the view from building 7 looks out not only at the lake, but across at the pool complex which is very pretty at night. Since we didn't have any kids with us, we actually rather enjoyed the stroll across the bridge each time we went to the pool. It wasn't far, as the bridge is right outside the building and connects basically right to the pool area. It was also quiet here since, although you could see across the lake to the pool area, you couldn't hear anything but the fountain in the middle of the lake (which I found to be very soothing).

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to both several times and enjoy the I-Drive location better. I like being so close to the outlet malls with a lot of food options.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? Who told you that?

I've seen some folks on TUG say they like 6 or 7 because they're newer, but our unit in building 2 was in top-notch condition. I really, really liked being in 2 (or 1) to be close to the pool, bar, and snack bar. It was especially important for us, with a 5 year old granddaughter in tow, to be close to the pool. If you're not concerned about that, I guess any building will do. But I have a strong preference for 1 or 2 to be near the resort facilities.

I don't understand the "view" comment, though. We had a great view of the pool and lagoon. I'm not sure there's anything additional that 6 or 7 would be able to see.

HUH! I guess I'll call because it would be easier to be closer to the pool, I suppose... THANKS:cheer:

DG001

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in both, and like someone said - I-drive is great for adults and older kids, Seaworld for families with younger kids.

We had a pool facing building in I-drive (bldg 1 Bianca? I think). Although this was a fantastic building, and a great location because of the extra parking around the registration building - it was kinda noisy because you could hear the pool music and the movie during the pool movie night. We were on the 3rd floor - not sure if this is a factor on higher levels, where most of the 3 BRs are.

I know some people might actually prefer this - and the noise wasn't bad when you closed the doors to the balcony. I guess I mention it because we have a toddler, and it bothered me some in case she woke up.

Can't go wrong in either location. Some Seaworld units face the Seaworld fireworks (also the Seaworld parking lot).

emmitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm headed to HGVC sea world March 2009, which section/building would you request? I would like to have a newly renevated room, close to the activities if possible.

thanks

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a bus of any sort that the kids can catch from Disney to the resort? I don't mean the 12 dollar shuttle.

Glad I chose building 7 since my father would hate the noise from the pool. The kids can walk.

suekap

Reaction score
We just returned for the hilton on international drive. We stayed in building 1, we did not hear any noise from the pool area. The pool area shuts down at 11:00 pm. I am glad we requested building 1 because it is so close to the main pool.

emmitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
What building would you guys recommend for the Sea World resort?

emmitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you've stayed at both resorts, could you recommend a building number or prefered location at the Sea World resort? I'll be staying at the resort, in March of 2009.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm headed to HGVC sea world March 2009, which section/building would you request? I would like to have a newly renevated room, close to the activities if possible.

thanks

You're not getting much response to this query, so I'll try. But I don't have a resort map in front of me, so I don't have the actual building numbers.

The 2 oldest buildings are on either side of the main pool area. (This are also includes the check-in building, restaurant/bar, shop, lounge, etc.) While the rooms in these 2 buildings are nice enough, I prefer the room layouts of the newer buildings. (Although I have heard that the 3-br's in these 2 buildings are really nice!)

The newest building is on the site of the old sales center next to one of these 2 original buildings. Some have complained about noise from the nearby street (and fire station), but I stayed in this building once, and didn't really notice any objectionable noise.

The remaining buildings were built pretty much in sequence in a linear layout from the main pool area. So I guess which building you would prefer would be based on how close to the main pool area you want to be. The buildings further from the main pool area would tend to be quieter, and also closer the the leisure pool area.

I know without building names/numbers this may not be much help, but I hope it helps a little.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score

-Bob

Ah. I happen to be sure that there are 3 bedrooms in building 7 because I stayed in one. I didn't like the view because we faced the construction (as everyone on this board knows). :eek: