• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC foreclosure costs and time frame [Merge Thread]

knits1

Reaction score
I know it's frustating but it sounds like you're talking to the wrong folks.

If you read through the Deedback thread (of course skipping all of the side conversations :rolleyes:), you will see that folks sent an email request and received written responses. I would stop calling and wait for a written email response.

If you need to, send the email again. The email request needs to be short and to the point (NO ranting, NO references to prior conversations, NO hardship claims, etc). The goal is to make it as easy as possible for this department to read the request and give their approval to proceed with the deedback process.

See example below

1717852978103-png.94256
makes it confusing, because i e-mailed, and that's when I started getting the calls about reselling, not qualifying, case closed and so on. I mean how did they get the number to deny me in the first place if not by referral back? I'm going to wait for sure now, and i'm busy next couple weeks. But according to original e-mail the 28th would be the deadline of 30 business days when I received their e-mail communication. Other time share, was so much easier to deed back. I even deeded back a camping time share before about 20 years ago...LOL

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
makes it confusing, because i e-mailed, and that's when I started getting the calls about reselling, not qualifying, case closed and so on. I mean how did they get the number to deny me in the first place if not by referral back? I'm going to wait for sure now, and i'm busy next couple weeks. But according to original e-mail the 28th would be the deadline of 30 business days when I received their e-mail communication. Other time share, was so much easier to deed back. I even deeded back a camping time share before about 20 years ago...LOL
You may have been redirected to another department, if your email made references to previous conversations/communications.

For example, some folks received a hardship form (instead of the deedback form). I'm assuming because their email included a statement indicating that they no longer want their week(s) due to a medical/financial hardship.

1717868036588.png

knits1

Reaction score
You may have been redirected to another department, if your email made references to previous conversations/communications.

For example, some folks received a hardship form (instead of the deedback form). I'm assuming because their email included a statement indicating that they no longer want their week(s) due to a medical/financial hardship.

View attachment 94279
Yes. I thought about that yesterday. The first person told me to sign into website for the deed back and fill out form (although she new i have no loan). So I called back and told them I don't need a hardship form, I need the department to do a deed back. Next person told me she is sending an e-mail to the folio depth letting them know I already tried having them sell it and I want a deedback. So they send me a form to list it , letting me know my resell contract had expired (no s%$&&). I think that put me in the "wrong" system although they supposedly keep notes. So now I been responding about anything but a deed back for people who bought in the cool off period, which of course in don't qualify. Although each department assured me they don't do deed backs. Even the folio department that tried pushing me into listening for resell again told me they don'tdo deed back. One person on Thursday told me my case was closed, so he send another e-mail about doing the deed back. So at this point I can only assume that everyone at Hilton can pull up your loan and finances, but they can only pull up info on their department. So first number is customer service, second was folio depth (but replying to first person email to them about me wanting to resell, although I said deed back) and has not.looked at my (and their attorneys email that handles them) request for deedback, third person email of wanting to deed back (but they referred me for struggling with a "non existing " loan). So my email for the deedback might not have been looking at that yet.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
So my email for the deedback might not have been looking at that yet.
I hope so. šŸ¤ž

I agree that it seems like they work in silos. At least we know that this particular team has the power to grant an approval for a deedback. Worst case scenario, if you receive no response within 30 days then send another email (short and straight to the point).

JONC777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham 500000
bluegreen
Kahana Beach Club
Sands at Kahana
Westin Lagunamar 2BRLO FLOAT
Tree Tops Gatlinburg ( 1 BR and 2BR)
Not true...what makes you think inwould lie about this.....?
it was in my case, and i never said you lied. btw that 30 day email is typical but they will reply

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I hope so. šŸ¤ž

I agree that it seems like they work in silos. At least we know that this particular team has the power to grant an approval for a deedback. Worst case scenario, if you receive no response within 30 days then send another email (short and straight to the point).
I totally agree with the fact that some of the HGVC people work in silos. Perhaps its it because Deedbacks are new and everyone who works there doesn't know what the rules or implications are.

Even though we were Deeding Back only 3 of our 6 HGVC contacts I have been told by the Deedback people that once the Deedback goes through, even though I paid my 2024 maintenance on my contracts, all my points will be removed and all my existing reservations will be cancelled, therefore, I should convert all my points to Hilton Honors now to save them. I contacted the call center and was given the correct information that my points and reservations for 2024 will remain in my account, but of course, my 2025 points would be adjusted to reflect the Deedback.