• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here's how a fixed week unit at HGVC Coylumbridge looks like in the online portal

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I recently purchased HGVC Coylumbridge Platinum 7,000 old / 11,200 new points from HGVC UK directly. Counts towards Elite, and HGVC salespeople will not see you as "resale only" (therefore, making you eligible for owner updates on Hawaii properties, for example).

Deed: 3500 GBP = $4,768.40
Legal: 195 GBP = $265.67
Points enrollment: 293 GBP = $399.18
TOTAL = $5,433.25
HH bonus points earned on Aspire CC = 76,065

MF: 663.97 GBP = $904.59
MFpp: old $0.129 / new $0.081

Here's how this fixed week looks like in the online portal:

1646461408564.png

And when you cancel it:

1646461649308.png

1646462801635.png

...I currently get an error, but I believe the normal behavior is that the reservation is marked as canceled and the points from a given year are credited to you. Just like with my 2023 reservation that HGVC UK canceled for me as that's what I asked them to do when talking to them on the phone:

1646462309231.png

1646463420296.png

Please note: when you cancel your fixed week booking, you'll be subject to normal home week priority to book it back.

1646462387979.png

Therefore, it's probably not the best idea to cancel a fixed week booking unless you're absolutely sure you won't be using it. (However, it's possible that phone/email customer reps can reinstate your fixed week booking beyond home week priority - someone would have to try and confirm that)

I hope this is helpful and shows how fixed weeks work in HGVC portal.

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
HGVC salespeople will not see you as "resale only" (therefore, making you eligible for owner updates on Hawaii properties, for example).
It will still show on the printout as resale. I wouldn't recommend purchasing anyways just to get an owner's update.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It will still show on the printout as resale.

False. I have a written confirmation that Hawaii salespeople don't see me as "resale only" any more, and that I am eligible for owner's update 90 days after acquiring the most recent contract, which would be May, 8th for me.

> Aloha Damien, thanks for stopping by the desk I was able to talk to tour coordinators on Oahu and they informed me they could see your sale with HGV on February 8th, 2022. We appreciate your business, in order to do an owners review that has a gift, we have to wait 90 days after purchasing or after may 8th, 2022.

(The reason why he had to check with the manager is at the time of my visit at the concierge desk, my Coylumbridge's points enrollment was still pending. "Contract only". Points showed up two days later. )

I wouldn't recommend purchasing anyways just to get an owner's update.
I wouldn't either. Nobody recommended that in the first place.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
You do not need to be elite to get invited. So I would expect your "developer unit" would already qualify.

Last edited:

elysium5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Son Antem
I recently purchased HGVC Coylumbridge Platinum 7,000 old / 11,200 new points from HGVC UK directly. Counts towards Elite, and HGVC salespeople will not see you as "resale only" (therefore, making you eligible for owner updates on Hawaii properties, for example).

Deed: 3500 GBP = $4,768.40
Legal: 195 GBP = $265.67
Points enrollment: 293 GBP = $399.18
TOTAL = $5,433.25
HH bonus points earned on Aspire CC = 76,065

MF: 663.97 GBP = $904.59
MFpp: old $0.129 / new $0.081
For a direct purchase you have paid under $1 per point. That is similar to resale prices right?

Or have I missed something?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is similar to resale prices right?

Correct. And an even better deed compared to resale! I paid the same for a resale Flamingo old-7k points, $1150 MF - and Coylumbridge old-7k is only $905 MF.

elysium5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Son Antem
Congratulations! Is it ok if I ask a couple of questions, as I'm interested in the Hilton program?

- What are the differences between resale and original. The resources on Tug say that the Hilton program is good for resale. Only status doesn't transfer
- Is the access to the new HGVC max program?
- What Hilton properties do you like?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Congratulations! Is it ok if I ask a couple of questions, as I'm interested in the Hilton program?

- What are the differences between resale and original. The resources on Tug say that the Hilton program is good for resale. Only status doesn't transfer
- Is the access to the new HGVC max program?
- What Hilton properties do you like?

Not Nowaker, but here’s my answers:

1. There are very little differences. We resale owners have the same booking windows and privileges as any owner that bought all retail. When we go to the resorts, we get treated with the same level of service from the non sales staff. The only differences is that you can’t earn Elite status from resale, most of the time. If you purchase resale from the Scotland lodges or some of the SW Florida affiliates, you can earn toward Elite status.

2. No one knows what access to HGV Max will be.

3. Depends on what you want to do. We love Elara in Vegas and Ocean Oak in Hilton Head. Ocean 22 in Myrtle Beach.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
No one knows what access to HGV Max will be.
We have heard that the integrated HGVC, HC & HVC program will be announced on April 1, 2022.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will still show on the printout as resale. I wouldn't recommend purchasing anyways just to get an owner's update.
False. I have a written confirmation that Hawaii salespeople don't see me as "resale only" any more, and that I am eligible for owner's update 90 days after acquiring the most recent contract, which would be May, 8th for me.

GT75 is correct. I have seen 4 or 5 sales printouts that show the the Scotland properties as resale. (including mine) At corporate, they are still eligible for Elite, but they typically show on the sales side as 'resale'. (These are weeks bought directly from John)

Nowaker: You are also correct: Clearly you have checked into your own situation, and found that yours is NOT marked resale.

Either way, It has never stopped sales from badgering me for a presentation.

Last edited:

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
...I currently get an error, but I believe the normal behavior is that the reservation is marked as canceled and the points from a given year are credited to you. Just like with my 2023 reservation that HGVC UK canceled for me as that's what I asked them to do when talking to them on the phone:

Reservations two years ahead (so 2022 -> 2024) cannot be canceled in the online portal by me. Even the club counselor couldn't do that initially (error: "outside of cancellation period") - only after talking to a supervisor who had to approve an override to cancel the reservation and release the points. Which they did for me but I'm not happy it has to be done on the phone.

I reported this issue to HGVC Twitter 5 days ago: . I also asked the counselor to report this internally as an issue that needs fixing, which she said she would do, but whether she really does it or not is a real question. Phone calls are waste of everyone's time & money - so I'm very stubborn when it comes to reporting issues like that...