• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here we go again, T-Mobile data breach affects approx 15M

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the Beat goes on! This will not stop. It is so easy for persistent hackers to infiltrate these networks.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I will have access to complimentary subscriptions to two credit monitoring services, one due to this T-Mobile breach, another due to the recent Costco Photo Dept breach.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, article says Experian is taking responsibility. I guess it was more of an Experian leak than a Tmobile leak.

I am reading Krebs article about it and he suggests freezing your credit at all 4 agencies. I didn't know there was a fourth one. I have a freeze already on the big 3. If you need to add the fourth, it was easy to do online and free at Innovis.com Here's Krebs blog about it: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/10/experian-breach-affects-15-million-consumers/

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heard on NPR's Marketplace last night that there are now more people who's credit has been compromised than those who haven't. They went on to bemoan the 'usual offer of credit monitoring, etc." but in the end the only thing that works is.....

FREEZE YOUR CREDIT!

Jim

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heard on NPR's Marketplace last night that there are now more people who's credit has been compromised than those who haven't. They went on to bemoan the 'usual offer of credit monitoring, etc." but in the end the only thing that works is.....

FREEZE YOUR CREDIT!

Jim
are there $ costs to unfreezing your credit each time you want to apply for credit?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who is handling our data

Ever wonder if the individuals that handle our data has any interest in preserving our privacy?

Does anyone ever wonder if these folks offshore that handle our personal data have the training, and awareness of the sensitivity of our personal information? SS#, DOB, address, CC number, bank info. The fact that full datasets are handled by foreign entities is a factor in many of these data breaches.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232991

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
are there $ costs to unfreezing your credit each time you want to apply for credit?

If you don't have a police report that shows your identity has been stolen, you probably have to pay a fee every time you freeze and unfreeze. Fees vary by state and are easily looked up on the credit reporting websites. I think the highest cost is $15./per time. Pretty cheap compared to the hours and hours spent trying to fix stuff after it happens.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes. It depends on your state of residence and whether you're a victim or not. In my state, for a non-victim, the charge at one credit reporting agency is $6 to freeze or unfreeze your account.

Only you can decide if the pretty much absolute protection is worth the cost. No brainer for me. My only misgiving is that it's sort of a PITA. Would be far better if there were one site to log onto and a click or two would freeze or unfreeze your credit, but it doesn't work that way.

Jim

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I signed up for Tmobile during that time frame, I've looked up everything I could find. Oddly, Tmobile has been contracted with Experian for the credit checks, but the Tmobile credit check shows up on my Transunion report and not my Experian report. I'll inquire at Tmobile about it later. However, I would assume I am not part of the hack based on my credit reports. Experian is offering 2 free years of credit monitoring, but like many other Tmobile customers, I wouldn't trust them to handle it at this point. Turns out, I already have the same free service through AAA anyway.

Happy to say, all 3 of my credit reports show my credit freezes. Since I set them up in the beginning of the year, I haven't really checked to see if they were really in place. I went ahead and added the fraud alert today, but since nobody can access my credit besides me, that probably wasn't necessary.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Now I will have access to complimentary subscriptions to two credit monitoring services, one due to this T-Mobile breach, another due to the recent Costco Photo Dept breach.

Maybe we should have a contest. :rolleyes:

I have four protections that I know of because of breaches and maybe more.

Not to mention all my personal info that the Chinese stole from OPM. :mad:

Cheers