• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Helping a friend - what is the best website to rent a DVC reservation for an owner who needs full-service?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Helping a friend - what is the best website to rent a DVC reservation for an owner who needs full-service?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Not sure if I understand the question. Do you mean a DVC owner who wants to rent out a reservation who needs a lot of handholding and doesn't want to have to do any of the communication with potential renters?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I was happy with my RENTAL from dvcrentalstore.com

but that was it, ie the transaction to rent the reservation thru their site was fairly painless and worked out fine.

I would 100% NOT recommend the add on booking type features, vacation planner/yadda. that I felt for me was a complete and utter waste of money for my results.

will also admit I only actually chose that site because they had the reservation at bay lake for the dates I needed.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd call any of them full service. If they truly want full service, that would only come direct from Disney. What variables are they trying to control?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a senior citizen that wants someone else to handle their rental and send them a check. They are unhappy with DVC's services, because they aren't getting their units rented. I don't know any of the other details.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
go-koala.com does have such a service for Disney members. They sent me an email outlining their service, but they want your login information for Disney. Giving anyone access to your account is particularly concerning.

I just reserve something and list it on Redweek and have been adding verify to the rental. It's worked pretty well for me at times. I have reserved some nights at Riviera Beach myself and have them on Redweek and go-koala.com. Go-koala just asks for the confirmation via email. Redweek did a three-way call with Disney, which means I will never use Redweek again. I don't need that scrutiny of my Disney account.

I have some Riviera in April that have not rented at all. I haven't even had an inquiry for my listings as of yet. I don't have to cancel until the rentals are 30 days out, but that date is approaching quickly. I will probably have wasted a listing fee on Redweek with verify. That makes me crazy. My price is reasonable.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
My price is reasonable.
There has been a noticeable drop in the asking price for rentals over on DISboards. It seems like the market is slowing down. I haven't listened to the most recent earnings call, but apparently the CEO and CFO spent a lot of time trying to lower expectations for resort occupancy in the next quarter or two.

Edited to add: I went back and read the transcript, and I didn't see any mention of tempered expectations at all. I'm not sure where that comes from.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a senior citizen that wants someone else to handle their rental and send them a check. They are unhappy with DVC's services, because they aren't getting their units rented. I don't know any of the other details.
Redweeks full service option might be helpful. Koala and Vacation Candy plus TUG might be best. If they're elderly and don't want to fool with it, this might be the time for them to consider selling.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Now I’m more confused. As far as I am aware, DVC (Disney Vacation Club) does not rent out your unit to others. unless they meant DVCresale or the DVCstore (not the actual DVC). when you say “senior citizen” what age range? I’m considered a senior citizen and also elderly and I’m only 66. If they are upper seventies and if they don’t want to use their DVC any more, they should consider selling their contracts. Resale prices have dropped a bit in the last few months, so it’s more of a buyers market. But they can sell, not be beholden to annual dues and have money in their pocket (unless they have a mortgage on it).
Then again if you ask too many questions they might get agitated at you.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
@DeniseM Perhaps you can help them with a rental through David's Rental. dvcbyrequest.com

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I have used David's Rental. dvcbyrequest.com several times, easy process but you do need to check emails and reply that you can make the reservation, so not completely hands off. But they find the renter and communicate with the renter and collect the money. You have to make the reservation in the quests name. You also have to be the first one to reply to David's email stating you can make the reservation.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
DVC Shop Rentals has an easy to use website and I used them to rent out some points during the pandemic. I know someone who has used them more recently with no complaints. The website lists exactly what they pay owners per point and what they charge renters.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the years I’ve used a couple of different ones, dvcrentalstore is my current favorite.

But the only truly “hands off” rental agencies were the ones that used *your* login information. I have a vague memory that DVC doesn’t allow that anymore…but it was a really bad idea to begin with.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You also have to be the first one to reply to David's email stating you can make the reservation.
Which is why I no longer rent out my points through David's. With dvcrentalstore once you click on a reservation request it is 'yours' (assuming you reply to emails and make the reservation in a timely fashion). Not that there is anything wrong with David's...the rest of the process went swimmingly.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
DCV Reservation has a full service option where they do everything for you. I have worked with them in the past and are good to work with.

We work hard to make sure your effort is minimal in the rental process.
  • We find the renters
  • We coordinate with the renters
  • We check dates and make reservations for you
  • We handle aiport bus adds for you
  • We handle dining requests for you
  • We handle name changes for you
  • We pay for bonding
  • We collect full rental money up front for your rentals
  • We securely relay and hold your rental balances for you

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He's using this DVC service now, and they are not getting his unit rented.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
- for what it’s worth this should be handled by a trusted family member IMO.

As mentioned up thread many of the major players in the rental industry want full access to the owners DVC account including passwords because of Disney’s use of a one login and passcode this is potentially a perilous decision…

Personally I don’t trust anything that wants full access to anything- but that’s just me and my paranoia.

If they are looking to make a profit on their own is best IMO but requires some level of work so they don’t get burned. If they are looking to cover MFs it might be time to start considering divesting contracts. That said I am not a huge fan of renting out DVC for owners & renters, to many horror stories on both ends

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a couple of months on, but if still relevant, I agree with the recommendation of a few other posters above to use dvcrentalstore.com. Before I sold my DVC contract, I used them a couple of times to rent out my points. They didn't require access to any of my DVC credentials, since I made the reservation once they had a committed buyer. Very easy process. I wouldn't have your friend waste their time with any of the others.

Marjo2022

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a couple of months on, but if still relevant, I agree with the recommendation of a few other posters above to use dvcrentalstore.com. Before I sold my DVC contract, I used them a couple of times to rent out my points. They didn't require access to any of my DVC credentials, since I made the reservation once they had a committed buyer. Very easy process. I wouldn't have your friend waste their time with any of the others.

So the website you mentioned you can rent from DVC members? Im so afraid of getting scammed. We always wanted to stay on Disney property but it was always out of our budget. Now both Kids are older and would like to go to Disney in the next year or so...

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
There are big companies that rent DVC like David's that are very safe to use. I just started renting my points as confirmed verified reservations on Redweek because I make more per point doing it myself than what David's would pay me. You might also look into the Disney value resorts like Pop Century/All-Stars. There are good discounts going on now through the summer. With renting points you should get your request in months before you plan to travel, as DVC members do tend to book most of the prime resorts (close to a Park) early. You could also look through confirmed reservations on some of those sites.

Marjo2022

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was happy with my RENTAL from dvcrentalstore.com

but that was it, ie the transaction to rent the reservation thru their site was fairly painless and worked out fine.

I would 100% NOT recommend the add on booking type features, vacation planner/yadda. that I felt for me was a complete and utter waste of money for my results.

will also admit I only actually chose that site because they had the reservation at bay lake for the dates I needed.
Were you able to rent a timeshare/resort? My family has never stayed on property and i would love to see if its possible without buying a time share at DVC

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Were you able to rent a timeshare/resort? My family has never stayed on property and i would love to see if its possible without buying a time share at DVC
It certainly is possible to rent from an owner and while renting from an owner would be much less than renting directly from Disney (which could be $4000-$10,000 for a week) if you aren't aware of the rental prices for DVC you might be shocked. Expect to pay 2-3 times or more as much as you would for a similar size rental in a Marriott Orlando timeshare.

Marjo2022

TUG Member
Reaction score
It certainly is possible to rent from an owner and while renting from an owner would be much less than renting directly from Disney (which could be $4000-$10,000 for a week) if you aren't aware of the rental prices for DVC you might be shocked. Expect to pay 2-3 times or more as much as you would for a similar size rental in a Marriott Orlando timeshare.
Thanks for the info. If you were in my shoes, how would you go about looking for a DVC rental. I have time to research since we sre looking into 2024or 2025.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
There are many larger dvc rental sites. Davids DVC Rental - dvcrequest.com - which is mentioned in many WDW guides, dvcrentalstore.com,rentals.dvcshop.com (I bought my Boardwalk Villas resale contract from dvcshop), rentals.dvcshop.com (I like their youtube weekly show). I think these are all safe to use. DVC is only Deluxe resorts so far, so that

DVC members can start reserving at their home resorts at 11 months. So places like David's has a pool of owners with contracts at all the DVC resorts they can draw from when they have a renter. You as the renter choose where and when you want to go. The earlier the better chance to get the room and view you want, so you are good there. You then contact one of these companies and tell them what your plans are. They send a message to all the owners with points to rent at the resort you want your information. Then an owner makes the reservation in your name and sends the info to the rental company. You then pay the rental company up front. This is one big difference than staying at a Disney hotel - you need to pay the rental cost up fron even if it is 11 months from now. Set your plans early and you should be able to get what you want.

You can also go on those sites and look for confirmed reseravations. Redweek and go-koala also have confirmed reservations.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, we rented from an owner at bay lake towers. going rate at the time was 1000/night or so for a 2br