• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help!

Phil327

Reaction score
My wife and I are in Cabo right now! We purchased a one week share at Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach. I think we did alright, but I had a few more questions to ask and all of a sudden we were sigining contracts! I wanted to wait at least a day to do my net research. My inlays have 2 weeks down here every year and they are charter members at Sunset. Here comes all of the negatives I know! I don't want them or need them. I think we will actually use our week, my problem is our "out". The inlaws said that they never got any money back from turning back in their week instead of banking it. We were told that if we turned next years week in between the 1st of oct. And the 15th of dec that we were guaranteed our investment in the week plus the extra rental fee minus 30% which would net us about 500 bucks every year we couldn't go. Is this bs? I know there is a market for this suff and not everyone could have had a terrible experience with this? We are leaving on Tuesday and would like to get some answers and positive feedback before going back in to speak with the people. I didn't get anything in writing about this and would almost like to backout all the way? Probably too late for that?

Phil327

Reaction score
Tranferrability

I also had another question about buying and transferring. They told us these are non transferable, if this is really the case then why would anyone want to buy a used one? I'd like to maybe invest in a few more and just give the weeks back to throw into the rental pool. Is this being done with any success?

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
check all the papers you got today and read "how to rescind it".
If you didn't get any rescind instruction paper, do more research on TUG.
Never ask any question or express your rescind inquiry to sales person, they will make you feel more confident about purchasing the week you already signed.

Check TUG market place or redweek.com.
There are MANY resale weeks and those prices are just asking prices, and many owners are willing to negotiate the price in this market, especially for Mexican TS.

Glad that you found this website within rescind period (5 or 7 days from sign the contract, I believe?).

Also, if you didn't get every detail in writing, it's all LIES.
Even if you complain about it later, you have no proof about it.
They scammed you.
Get out of the contract asap.
If you really like the resort, research resale market.

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, many sales reps don't include "how to rescind the contract" sheet on your folder on purpose.
I believe it is the law to include it, at least in USA.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
The "we'll rent your weeks for you" is a big fat scam/lie. Rescind ASAP!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You were told that you were "guaranteed" a return in from turning over weeks to the rental pool but is that in the contract? You signed something saying the full agreement is in the written contract and anything stated orally is not binding. In most cases the sales person uses the rental angle to show how it is a good investment. Mexican timeshares never rent through the resort for more than the MF and in most case do not rent at all. In most cases they will later refer you to a 3rd party agent to rent your weeks who will charge you $399-$599 for a one time processing fee and then never rent the weeks. The resort rents out their unsold inventory, not inventory from owners.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind immediately. You can get the same thing resale on eBay for pennies on the dollar.

I bought my 2br/2ba on eBay for $1 and no closing costs @ pueblo bonito sunset beach

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind exactly as the instructions in your contract say. You can find hundreds of resales for pennies on the dollar. DO NOT go back to 'talk to the people'. They will lie and tell you anything to delay you from rescinding until after the rescission deadline. You will bay thousands for something you can own for a few hundred- closing costs included.

Best wishes. We love Mexico and PB's are beautiful resorts, but the sales staff lie!

ADDED- Of course the ownerships and benefits are transferable. You can buy exactly the same membership resale for pennies on the dollar. NO ONE EVER MADE MONEY TURNING WEEKS OVER TO THE DEVELOPER TO RENT!!! If there was money and demand, why do you think they are selling them to you and not renting the weeks themselves???

Jim Ricks

Last edited:

chickenfoot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind Now!! You only have 5 calendar days

Here is the link for rescinding a timeshare purchase in Mexico.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61829&highlight=rescind

You can find PBSB timeshares for sale on Ebay for $1 all through out the year. Currently four are listed. As you will note in the Ebay ad's there is about a $300 transfer fee when you buy resale.

I stayed at this timeshare recently and rented a week from an owner for less than their maintenance fees. You will NOT be able to make money on it in a "rental pool" as they likely promised you.

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that you understand that your timeshare is worth all of zero, there is absolutely no reason for you to stay in this contract, no matter what you are told. Do not follow any rescind instructions verbally told to you, only those you see in writing.

You will likely have greater satisfaction purchasing your first TS resale. After learning how to use and exchange it, as well as spending a lot of time on TUG, you will have a much better understanding of how to maximize your vacation experiences than 95% of TS owners. Also, you may be happier buying stateside rather than in Mexico, unless you are certain that you will be going there every year for the rest of your life, or that you will be able to exchange for satisfactory vacations in other locations as desired.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I echo all the rescission advice in the posts above. Get out while you still can. RESCIND IMMEDIATELY. The promises of guaranteed rentals are bogus.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind Now

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please get out now. Don't talk to the salespeople. Follow whatever directions were posted above. Thank your lucky stars you had the brains to review what you purchased and asked questions here. Very few rescind in time and are stuck with something that was not what the salesman promised.