• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

help with resale marriott

b1rcyu76

Reaction score
I am looking at buying into marriott horizons orlando and was not sure because it will be a resale if i can still get the 12 bonus weeks a year, because i know buying a resale off of marriott you dont get the reward points.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The only thing you don't get when buying resale is no hotel reward points. I never heard about "12 Bonus weeks" ever! So I don't know what you're talking about. Sometimes, people call the AC a "bonus week" but that is something II gives you when you deposit a high value week. And you'd only get the one AC with your one deposit (not 12). Maybe they were saying you could buy get-a-ways from II ( some people call those bonus weeks) but anyone can get them and get as many as you want. You don't have to buy from Marriott to get them.

Sorry if I wasn't of much help.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
I am looking at buying into marriott horizons orlando and was not sure because it will be a resale if i can still get the 12 bonus weeks a year, because i know buying a resale off of marriott you dont get the reward points.

I think you're referring to the 12 getaways that Interval International (II, the exchange company) offers to members each year. This has nothing to do with Marriott; it's part of the II membership. It makes no difference whether you buy a resale or developer Marriott for the 12 getaways (remember Getaways cost an extra fee each time you use one).

David

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know if the OP is referring to Getaways. There is no limit on purchasing Getways so the 12 per year doesnt fit that scenario unless it is just something a salesperson mistakenly said.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I dont know if the OP is referring to Getaways. There is no limit on purchasing Getways so the 12 per year doesnt fit that scenario unless it is just something a salesperson mistakenly said.

I think II does limit the number of Getaways to 12 per year.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not exactly, I believe. The II T&C state that II has the right to limit the number of Getaways someone can purchase in a year. There have been reports here (although I don't recall how recently) of purchases of more than 12 in a year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The II T&C don't specifically limit the number of getaways to a fixed number each year.

II reserves the right to limit the number of Getaway Confirmations issued to a particular Member in any particular year and to limit the number of units confirmed to a Member for any given travel date.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
...and for Getaways, the answer is as stated above: no difference for resale owners versus purchasers from Marriott. Purchases of Getaway weeks are through II and Marriott has no control over those purchases.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think II does limit the number of Getaways to 12 per year.

As shown from the II Terms and Conditions there isnt a limit. They probably put the language in the T & C in case someone decides to make a business out of buying Getaways.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are referring to the Getaways.

I've been on a bunch of Marriott presentations and none of the sales reps ever mentioned anything about Getaways. Do you know a particular property where salespeople are making these claims?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes. I hear it often, most recently at Grand Chateau. I stopped in for a 90-minute sales update in September and the sales rep made a big deal about Getaways, asking if I take advantage of them.

As for "claims", I don't see anything in this thread that claims a sales rep said there is a limit of 12. I think the OP is too general (we weren't even sure that "Getaways" was the topic) to conclude that the sales rep claimed there was a limit of 12 per year.

Last edited:

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
My friends bought at NCV and were told they get "12 Bonus Weeks" with II each year. Turn out it was 12 getaways, at the discounted rate, same for all II member. I told my friends I had never heard there was a limit of 12, I'm sure II would sell more getaway weeks given the opportunity especially since you can purchase a guest cert. for friends or family.

Marriott NCV rep made it a big selling point to my friends. I told her I could have booked them on Getaways...oh well, they bought developer anyways.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
The reason I thought there was a limit of 12 is because I foolishly believed what a sales rep at Ko'Olina had told me :rolleyes: . When I was there 2 years ago they definitely were using the ability to purchase 12 Getaways a year as part of their sales pitch (and they referred to them as "bonus weeks" which could be bought for a few hundred dollars each, with lots of availability).