• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Pic Plus 101

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Less than 9 months they are not eligible.
I have an RCI week in S Africa which is a 3BR and worked fine until the resort decided that their year runs from June to June and will NOT allow me to pay 9 or 10 months in advance. What company wouldn’t want cash in advance? Now I can no longer pic that week.
Sounds like they may be tired of people depositing their week and going elsewhere, so they make it impossible to get full trading power. I am not sure how popular timeshares in Africa are.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Sounds like they may be tired of people depositing their week and going elsewhere, so they make it impossible to get full trading power. I am not sure how popular timeshares in Africa are.
For a period of time they were all the rage as one of the cheapest PIC Plus timeshare properties. I'm betting the timeshare entity made this change to make it more difficult to use them as trades into other systems like Wyndham with the intention of never actually using them.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
For a period of time they were all the rage as one of the cheapest PIC Plus timeshare properties. I'm betting the timeshare entity made this change to make it more difficult to use them as trades into other systems like Wyndham with the intention of never actually using them.
Very glad I didn't pursue that path. I do not think that change will help them in anyway. Most, if not all the people who got them as PICs had no intention of going there. They are still not going to go there.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Very glad I didn't pursue that path. I do not think that change will help them in anyway. Most, if not all the people who got them as PICs had no intention of going there. They are still not going to go there.
Agreed - I think the long term game is to have those folks dump their PIC since, as the above poster indicated, they can no longer use the week within the Wyndham PIC Plus system for some reason. Who knows though, I'm just guessing really. :cool: Those 3 bedrooms were dirt cheap for MFs back in 2018 - somewhere around $500/year IIRC - so quite a bit cheaper than anything else as a general rule. I just didn't want to own any timeshare property outside of the US that we would likely never use ourselves.

west1jerry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Vacation Villas
All great advice for the chat. I also pay a maintenance fee to Wyndham for my Pic Plus around $75 per year per pic plus and once you are in that no way to get out even if you do not deposit your week. Wyndham, gets $89 transfer fee plus the $75 maintenance on the Pic. Make sure you know all of the HIDDEN fees before you ask for the Pic program.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
All great advice for the chat. I also pay a maintenance fee to Wyndham for my Pic Plus around $75 per year per pic plus and once you are in that no way to get out even if you do not deposit your week. Wyndham, gets $89 transfer fee plus the $75 maintenance on the Pic. Make sure you know all of the HIDDEN fees before you ask for the Pic program.
The $75 you're referring to is the program fee. You have to pay the program fee regardless if you are paying maintenance on a Wyndham unit or a PIC unit.

backyard_legend

TUG Member
Reaction score
So when you go through this process, you keep your 2 weeks, but can change them to points each year.

Once you've done this, does the VIP status stay constant with your 100,000 points that you have purchased (plus whatever I already have), even in the years you don't convert your weeks into points?

troy12n

Reaction score
Once you've done this, does the VIP status stay constant with your 100,000 points that you have purchased (plus whatever I already have), even in the years you don't convert your weeks into points?

Assuming we are talking about PIC plus here...

Once you enroll your external timeshare week into the PIC program, and pay the program fee, those "Points towards VIP status" are there, forever, whether or not you actually deposit your week into RCI each year.

You still own and have full use of your external timeshare each year. You just have to make the decision each year whether to actually use your week, or to deposit your week into RCI. If you deposit your week, you cannot then use your week. But once deposited into RCI, and once Wyndham does their thing, that week is converted into Wyndham points you can use for bookings inside of Club Wyndham.

But you can't do both... and you have to deposit the week 9 or more months in advance of the fixed week to get credit/convert to Wyndham points.

You have to do this every year. But regardless, the "points toward VIP status" remain every year regardless... whether or not you use your week, or deposit into RCI

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Assuming we are talking about PIC plus here...

Once you enroll your external timeshare week into the PIC program, and pay the program fee, those "Points towards VIP status" are there, forever, whether or not you actually deposit your week into RCI each year.

You still own and have full use of your external timeshare each year. You just have to make the decision each year whether to actually use your week, or to deposit your week into RCI. If you deposit your week, you cannot then use your week. But once deposited into RCI, and once Wyndham does their thing, that week is converted into Wyndham points you can use for bookings inside of Club Wyndham.

But you can't do both... and you have to deposit the week 9 or more months in advance of the fixed week to get credit/convert to Wyndham points.

You have to do this every year. But regardless, the "points toward VIP status" remain every year regardless... whether or not you use your week, or deposit into RCI
As a point of clarification - depositing the week into RCI can be done whether you choose to convert that deposited week into Wyndham points each year or not. You can also simply deposit your week into RCI - and use it's trading power within the RCI network itself - without converting that week into Wyndham points. At the end of the day, you can do whatever you want with your non-Wyndham RCI integrated timeshare week - use it - deposit it into RCI and use the RCI trading power to book into other RCI resorts - or contact Wyndham and convert your RCI deposited week into Wyndham points (provided you have done so at least nine months in advance of the fixed week in question).

backyard_legend

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Your forums hopefully have saved me from a huge mistake with a purchase at retail prices, learning about the x day window to cancel. Thanks!

Now I'm going to probably be in the market for some resale points once the rescission become finalized, because I see the value and have enjoyed using the few points I bought years ago. Getting to stay in a condo with a kitchen in vacation spots is great as a family. Although you can do the same with VRBO. But have enjoyed the places we have stayed with Wyndham.

The PIC plus program is intriguing. Maybe too complicated for me right now. But pretty cool.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thanks for the information. Your forums hopefully have saved me from a huge mistake with a purchase at retail prices, learning about the 10 day window to cancel. Thanks!

Now I'm going to probably be in the market for some resale points once the rescission become finalized, because I see the value and have enjoyed using the few points I bought years ago. Getting to stay in a condo with a kitchen in vacation spots is great as a family. Although you can do the same with VRBO. But have enjoyed the places we have stayed with Wyndham.

The PIC plus program is intriguing. Maybe too complicated for me right now. But pretty cool.

Thanks for your help
Point of clarification - the rescission window varies by state - so for you it was ten 10 days - but it can be as little as three days - on up to 15-20 days state dependent. Just putting this out there in case anyone else finds this thread via search - check your contract - the exact rescission rules/period will always be listed in the contract. If it's not listed in the contract for some reason - search online for your state timeshare rescission period to be sure.