• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help w/ Club Wyndham Plus (CWP) Points Old Fairfield Resort?

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newbie here... Looking at buying resale points that states in the estoppel "Club Wyndham Plus" (not Access) deeded week 35 but no property (original owner was from Fairfield Sands Ocean Club Resort deeded week? possibly a Personal Interval Choice (PIC)?). Hope someone can help w a few advance questions? Thx and soon to be apart of the family!
  • Will I be able to use these points in a new acct and do these old CWP points have any advantages over the new "Access" program or to any of the four (4) Club Wyndham Plus programs? (understand VIP status does not transfer via resale, but no club fees ,etc.)
  • Will these CWP have 13-mos priority? (eg. Advance Reservation Priority (ARP), Undivided Interest Contract (UDI) from where? to any location from week 35? assume these will have the standard 10-mos anytime at best)
  • How are Maintenance Fee calculated since Wyndham no longer owns "Fairfield Sand's Ocean Club Resort" which these points were originally deeded too? (eg. assuming original owners PIC Personal Interval Choice Express / Plus?)

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is not (and has never been) a Wyndham resort. It is a non-Wyndham resort that is (a) affiliated with RCI and (b) was enrolled in the seller's Wyndham account under the PIC program. That allowed the seller to "deposit" the week and get Wyndham points in return for it. However, if you buy it, all you are buying is the underlying resort week, and you will NOT be able to use it for Wyndham points yourself without some other purchase from Wyndham.

Here is more about the PIC program so you can better understand what the seller actually has:

Note in particular the last sentence:
  • PIC Plus contracts are non-transferable.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Personal Interval Choice is a term used when buying developer, and a PIC week is a generic week not in any point system currently, which can be used as points. The number of points depends on season and unit size. For example, a 3 bedroom red week is 254,000 points. A 2 bedroom is 154,000 in red season.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the term "PIC - Personal Interval Choice from Fairfield/Wyndham Sands Ocean Club Resort deeded week"? I assume you didn't make it up. And if you didn't, that plus an explanation of what PIC is tells you everything you need to know.

You can keep asking questions hoping the answer will be different, or you can buy one of the many other Wyndham resale ownerships for pennies on the dollar. It's up to you.

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the term "PIC - Personal Interval Choice from Fairfield/Wyndham Sands Ocean Club Resort deeded week"? I assume you didn't make it up. And if you didn't, that plus an explanation of what PIC is tells you everything you need to know.

You can keep asking questions hoping the answer will be different, or you can buy one of the many other Wyndham resale ownerships for pennies on the dollar. It's up to you.
Thx for the patience from a newbie... maybe I was assuming to much and might not asking the right questions... or the correct background.
Overall, the original owner converted their old Fairfield resort to CWP and assumed they used PIC based on past thread others have done from old Fairfield resort. I could be utterly incorrect.

Overall, just trying to understand based on the estoppel and what the CWP (vs Access,etc) points will allow us?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
Well, it could be a converted fixed week of an actual Fairfield/Wyndham resort (probably not Sands, for the reasons Brian points out) - but Wyndham, in its continued sloppiness with estoppels, has failed to enter the resort name (should be between "at" and the period). Unless you are jonesing specifically for week 35 of this unidentified resort (with the added flexibility of points) I'd still stay far away from it. Although there are some converted fixed week gems out there with decent maintenance fee rates, one with this few points is probably either non-prime or a smaller unit and likely not a great deal in terms of maintenance fees. There are too many straightforward Wyndham contracts out there for free or cheap to deal with the weirdness of this one.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Are the fees reasonable? You deleted the name of the resort from this document before posting it?

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the fees reasonable? You deleted the name of the resort from this document before posting it?
oh sorry... there is no resort name (seller only mentioned they converted from Sands Ocean)... MF is only $65/m for 126k pts and only have to pay the transfer $399

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton! Sorry, thats similar to what I found as well while trying to do my due diligence... I'll links reference posts in the future.

If I called Wyndham, would they help answer my tenative ownership question... the free acquisition & MF worth it?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There's probably someone at Wyndham who could provide some answers but finding that person might be daunting.

As usual, I agree with @paxsarah. This is too weird. Keep it simple.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
oh sorry... there is no resort name (seller only mentioned they converted from Sands Ocean)... MF is only $65/m for 126k pts and only have to pay the transfer $399

Paying the transfer fee of $399 doesn't make this low cost.

I don't own a pic but it's my understanding that there is an addition fee each year to use the pic points in addition to the mf and program fee.

Another thing to consider is how would you upload this contract in the future.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
To help with some of your questions about CWP vs. CWA (and some questions you probably haven't thought to ask) it is worth reading the Owner Resources section of the Directory. There is a lot of detail here, so it is probably worth reading a few times over the course of a week or two to help things sink in.

You can safely skip the sections on VIP, Plus Partners, and Club Pass---resale buyers are not eligible for these.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To help with some of your questions about CWP vs. CWA (and some questions you probably haven't thought to ask) it is worth reading the Owner Resources section of the Directory. There is a lot of detail here, so it is probably worth reading a few times over the course of a week or two to help things sink in.

You can safely skip the sections on VIP, Plus Partners, and Club Pass---resale buyers are not eligible for these.
All of the weeks I transferred (myself) to new owners transferred as developer. Kinda weird. I had several people who emailed me to say they have status with their free contracts.

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thx GREAT reference! But dont see the difference between CWP vs CWA
  • Reading through past threads about CWP vs CWA, CWP is the overall umbrella for all four (4) past thread (https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/difference-between-cwa-cwp.185413/)... but does not directly mention how "Club Wyndham Plus Points" alone (as noted in the estoppel) are handled with a new account/title/owner and assigned/benefits.
    • Advantage? = Do we get ALL the benefits from all four (4) ownership programs <grin>
    • Disadvantage? = Are this points useless w/o having an established account w/ Wynham for the points to pair w any four ownership programs?
  • Called Customer care for the 1st time... they were quick to answer.
    • 1st call... cant share details about contract w/o the owner
    • 2nd call... asked generally CWP vs CWA... Answer= They are the same w/ hesitation...?
    • 3rd call... referred me to speak to sales
  • @bnoble Leaning toward taking your advice :)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
One possible concern with these types of associate resorts are they likely aren't eligible for certified exit and when you are done you are going to have to find a new home for it. It will be slightly more difficult then one of the more traditional wyndham resorts because like you the new potential owner will have questions about what exactly it is.

In terms of MF's, the HOA determines the MF's and then sends that to wyndham who will charge you the MF's from the resort plus the applicable program fee. If this is your only wyndham, your program fee could be considerablly higher than the previous owner who likely had enough to meet the minimum threshold.

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
One possible concern with these types of associate resorts are they likely aren't eligible for certified exit and when you are done you are going to have to find a new home for it. It will be slightly more difficult then one of the more traditional wyndham resorts because like you the new potential owner will have questions about what exactly it is.

In terms of MF's, the HOA determines the MF's and then sends that to wyndham who will charge you the MF's from the resort plus the applicable program fee. If this is your only wyndham, your program fee could be considerablly higher than the previous owner who likely had enough to meet the minimum threshold.
@tschwa2 Thanks so much... thats exactly what WC stated.
  • Spoke with CW Corporate office, Sales... Below is what we discussed.
  1. Referred the current ownership is a "Select" (CWS) points deeded week w/ Fairfield Sands Ocean... even thought this property no longer exist in the program.
  2. We explored the "best" way for us to take over (by selling us points)... eg. add my name to the acct, buy more points, transfer to CWA, then remove the past owner to keep original/developer benefits w/ our points.
  3. Backtracked... confirmed we would not be able to do #2 due to #1
  4. If these "Plus" points were acquired via resale...
Final Summary...
  • Wow... what an incredible group and thank for your responses! Im here to learn all aspects of TS ownership & your wealth of knowledge is incredible!
  • Decided not to buy & this journey is over for these Plus points.
  • However, I am not giving up... looking for another free & low MF CWA or CWS (Canterbury, Bali, etc) ;) let me know if you have any suggestions.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Usually the Wyndham points with below average MF's that would be eligible for certified exit are not going to be free. They aren't going to be expensive but I would expect them to be $500-1500 plus the transfer fee depending on the number of points for between 100-300k) For everyone who is looking to give away for ($0-$399) those types of points there are 10+ people looking to pick them up. Owners who bought direct are going to be looking for a minimum of $1500 to match what they can get in free usage through certified exit.

If you are looking for free or just the transfer fee, you may need to look at CWA or something with similar MF's per 1000.

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually the Wyndham points with below average MF's that would be eligible for certified exit are not going to be free. They aren't going to be expensive but I would expect them to be $500-1500 plus the transfer fee depending on the number of points for between 100-300k) For everyone who is looking to give away for ($0-$399) those types of points there are 10+ people looking to pick them up. Owners who bought direct are going to be looking for a minimum of $1500 to match what they can get in free usage through certified exit.

If you are looking for free or just the transfer fee, you may need to look at CWA or something with similar MF's per 1000.
hmmm... How do we know resales are eligible for "certified exit" before buying... guess in this thread call CW?