• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help, Seth or anyone else who knows

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'm redoing the HGVC advice article for TUG and I have a couple of questions.

- What is the main differences between HGVC and the HIGVC ( hilton international) ?

- What is the main differences between HGVC and the Hilton Club?
And a followup- Will west 57th be HGVC, Hilton club or maybe even both?

- What is the main differences between HGVC and the affiliate resorts?

I know that owners at HIGVC, Hilton Club and the affiliates can join HGVC and then use their points for stays at the HGVC resorts but I need more info than that.
-How seemless is using your pts between the different areas?
-cost to affiliate with HGVC, point adjustments ( I've heard that the Hilton club points are worth 2 times a HGVC point, True?) anything else you think I need to include.

TIA

Bill4728

Reaction score
- What is the main differences between HGVC and the Hilton Club?
And a followup- Will west 57th be HGVC, Hilton club or maybe even both?

OK it seem that the answer is the new West 57th TS in NYC will be a Hilton Club not a HGVC.

But unlike the first Hilton Club in NYC, HGVC members will be able to use their HGVC pts to reserve some space there at the 44 day mark. ( Now the question is when can the owners at the first Hilton Club make reservation at the West 57th location? )

The other thing is it seems that the Hilton Club pts can buy HitlonHonors pts at the rate of 50:1 (vs the normal HGVC rate of 25:1 )

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to call HGVC to convert the unit to HIGVC points. Otherwise, there won't be any HGVC points in the account. You can only use points 1 years advance. For example if you want a reservation for 2009 and you are short of points. HGVC, you can borrow 2010 point to make the 2009 points reservation. You can't do it with HIGVC. They release only 2008 and 2009 points since this is 2008. You can't release 2010 HGVC points.

I hope this make sense.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Limited Availability at some Affiliated Resorts

One of the differences for HGVC members between HGVC Developed Resorts and HGVC Affiliated Resort is less availability.

Perhaps Seth or one of the other Affiliated Owners can confirm but it is my understanding that the number of weeks HGVC members have access to at some of the affiliated resort depends on the number of weeks deposited into HGVC each year.

Below is a list of Hilton Grand Vacations Club Affiliated Resorts that indicate “Limited Availability” in the 2008 HGVC Member Guide

Carlsbad, California
The Grand Pacific Palisades Resort

Palm Desert, California
Club Intrawest – Palm Desert

Breckenridge, Colorado
Valdoro Mountain Lodge

Captiva Island, Florida
The Cottages at South Seas Island Resort
Harbourview Villas at South Seas Island Resort
Plantation Bay Villas at South Seas Island Resort
Plantation Beach Club at South Seas Island Resort
Plantation House at South Seas Island Resort
South Seas Club at South Seas Island Resort

Hutchinson Island, Florida
Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort

Marco Island, Florida
Sunset Cove Resort

Sanibel Island, Florida
Casa Ybel Resort
Hurricane House Resort
Sanibel Cottages Resort
Shell Island Beach Club Resort
Tortuga Beach Club Resort

Sandestin, Florida
Club Intrawest – Sandestin

Acapulco, Mexico
Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco

Cancun, Mexico
Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Los Cabos, Mexico
Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos

Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
Club Intrawest – Whistler

Quebec, Canada
Club Intrawest – Tremblant

Portugal
Hilton Vilamoura Vacation Club

Inverness-shire, Scotland
Hilton Coylumbridge

Royal Deeside, Scotland
Hilton Craigendarroch

Perthsire, Scotland
Hilton Dunkeld

The following Hilton Grand Vacations Club Affiliated Resorts do not have the Limited Availability designation

Ft. Myers Beach
Seawatch On-the-Beach Resort

Marco Island, Florida
The Charter Club of Marco Beach®
Club Regency of Marco Island
Eagle's Nest Beach Resort
The Surf Club of Marco

Hawaii, Big Island
The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort

DG001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Limited HGVC units?

OK it seem that the answer is the new West 57th TS in NYC will be a Hilton Club not a HGVC.

But unlike the first Hilton Club in NYC, HGVC members will be able to use their HGVC pts to reserve some space there at the 44 day mark.

Don't mean to confuse the issue, but when we were "invited" to own at the new W 57th TS, someone called us, and I beleive she said that there were only 100 units available to HGVC. Not sure if she meant only 100 units get the "special" HGVC price or 100 units are available for ownership and "internal trading"...