• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HELP- Rescinding BlueGreen Vacations from Canada

Heavelinah

Reaction score
Hi all,

So we got sucked in at our presentation on May 18 with bluegreen in Texas and obviously had second thoughts and that’s when I discovered Tug, and thank God I did! It stated on the contract we had 6 days to rescind and it was a holiday here in Canada when we returned so I sent my letter via Xpresspost with signature to the address in Florida yesterday morning. It says delivery will be May 25, but Google says they are closed Saturday and Sunday, and I know next Monday is a holiday in the states. I’m getting incredibly nervous as the 6 days is the 24th, even though I sent it may 21, it won’t get delivered until after the 24th (and well after given weekend and holiday). I’ve debated biting the bullet and spending $90 to fedex it overnight. What do you guys think? I took a photo of the envelope before sending and have my receipt and tracking number to prove I sent it May 21st. I’m just nervous as I don’t want to be stuck in this!!

Thank you for any insight!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The date that matters is the date the letter was postmarked (sent), not the date the recipient gets it. You should be fine. Unfortunately, there is no requirement to notify you of receipt or progress on your rescission, so you are in a stressful time until you see a refund to your credit card, or start getting calls from the sales weasel trying to get you to change your mind.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
You are fine.
You are within the time frame.
as Jim said they won’t notify you but you will see the charge back on your CC

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing that matters is that you sent it prior to the deadline (and you have proof of that) doesn’t matter when it’s actually delievered.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so very happy you found TUG in time to rescind and save thousands!

Heavelinah

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your insight! I have tracking on the document and just got notification it was out for delivery yesterday and has since been dropped at the post office, I’m guessing cause no one was there to sign for it? What’s everyone’s thoughts that they’d actually go to the post office to pick it up? Should I call them?

Thanks!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thank you everyone for your insight! I have tracking on the document and just got notification it was out for delivery yesterday and has since been dropped at the post office, I’m guessing cause no one was there to sign for it? What’s everyone’s thoughts that they’d actually go to the post office to pick it up? Should I call them?

Thanks!
As long as you have proof of mailing it out you are fine. That is the date that counts, not delivery.
The post office will redeliver it.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Be patient. It will be delivered and it's clear you are tracking it. It's the date on the Postmark which rules the roost. As long as you had it Postmarked within the six day rescission period then you will be all set.

Allow up to 45 days to receive a refund.

Go out and celebrate. :banana: :cheer: :whooopie: :wave: shaka