• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help, pls! Worldmark/RCI exchange-how does it work?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tuggers: First time I need to use some WM credits to secure a Wyndham Grand Desert (Las Vegas) one bedroom for a family birthday celebration. Already have two bedroom reserved there, but family size is growing :)

I called RCI/Worldmark phone number yesterday and they were perplexed because I didn't have an RCI/Worldmark account number. What I do have is a regular RCI number (have had it over 20 yrs). I am NOT a member of TravelShare so they suggested I call Worldmark. RCI took down my requirements.

Got a hold of WM Exchange Department who said I had the points, was paid up, etc. and should be no problem. They called RCI who told them it was in process for verification, etc. and should be ready in 24 hours or so.

Problem: Went on my RCI online account and it shows nothing in process anywhere.:shrug:

How does this work where you want to give your WM credits to RCI to exchange for a week? Shouldn't there be some indication in my RCI account that there is an exchange 'in process' even though not completed?

What should I do now -- sit and wait or call back and inquire? :confused:

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably what's "in process" is your new Worldmark owner's RCI account number. If it clears within 24 hours as promised, you should be able to make or request an exchange at that time.

Yes, you should call back. Call the RCI number for Worldmark owners. Once you have your new Worldmark owner's RCI account number, the VC will search for your exchange and if it's available, confirm it and then notify Worldmark to withdraw the appropriate number of credits from your Worldmark account. If your desired exchange isn't immediately available, RCI can put in an ongoing exchange request for you. When/if you get a confirmation, Worldmark will withdraw the credits from your account and transfer them to RCI.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Agreeing with Judy - I think the WM/RCI relationship is the element "in process." I hope the end result is simply adding WM to your existing RCI account - not the creation of a new RCI account for WM. (Although once you have WM in an RCI account ... all transactions seem to require the "RCI for Worldmark" desk even if not related to WM.)

Once added, WM used to show up on the Exchange Tab in the section below deposits. It indicated that you must phone to make your exchange. I just checked my RCI account -- WM no longer appears anywhere in my account. <shrug??>

Brief tips on working with RCI using WM:
  • Most transactions are "confirm first." Phone RCI to open your request. The number of WM credits required for the exchange will be determined by the size and season of the matching/booked exchange. You will pay the exchange fee to open the search; no credits are transferred until the match is made.
  • To use "deposit first" - phone the WM Exchange desk and tell them how many credits (4000 or more) you wish to spend. They will pick a week and deposit into your RCI account. This will appear as a normal deposit and allows searching online.
I haven't used WM through RCI in years ... hope these are still valid ...

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Rhonda,
Still correct!

(hi)

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it! First thanks to you all for helping me understand. I talked to RCI/Worldmark agent today -- great gal, Jackie. She tells me I won't ever see online confiirmations on this, they will mail me a written confirmation. She gave me a 'tracking number' in case things go awry, but assured the unit is secured and asked for $$$ which I gave her (my dear plastic).

Always new things to learn ......