• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help me with a little SVR info.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We had a couple of threads going today about SVR, and I always get confused about the different phases and how they work. Please help me put together some info. for the sticky.

I'll start:

Falls -
True fixed week at home resort
True fixed week when deposited with II
Check-in - Sunday only
Units size - Dedicated 2 bdm.

Cascades -
Fixed/float at home resort - reserve your fixed week up until 10 mos, and then it converts to a floating week.
Floating week when deposited with II
Unit sizes - 2 bdm. L/O, Dedicated 2 bdm., 1 Bdm. Prem.(855 Sq. ft.), 1 bdm. (482 sq. ft.) 1 Bdm. (471 sq. ft.)
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (3, 7, and 6 bldgs)

Lakes
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 5, and 3 bldgs)
Unit sizes - 2 Bdm. L/O, dedicated 2 bdm., 1 bdm. premium, 1 bdm.

Fountains I
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (16, 10, and 15 bldgs)
Unit size - Dedicated 2 bdm.

Fountains II
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 14, and 5 bldgs)

Springs
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 7, and 8 bldgs)

Spas
Check-in - Friday

Courts
Check-in - Saturday

Palms
Check-in - Fri., Sat., Sun

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cascades:

If you're an owner at SVR:
- you book in your owned season at your season-specific SO rate (Platinum = higher rates, Gold Plus = lower rates)
- you book the rest of the year in Gold Select at a blended SO rate (bad deal for Platinum owners booking in Gold Plus season, good deal in the other direction)
- fixed week owners have priority for that specific week ("Home Resort Priority Period") months 12-10, floating week owners are first-come, first-served
- owner weeks all float ("Home Resort Float Period") months 10-8

If you're not an owner at SVR:
- you can book in to 2 seasons with different SO rates (Platinum = higher rates, Gold Plus = lower rates)

Not sure about check-in dates, etc

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Cascades:

- you book in your owned season at your season-specific SO rate (Platinum = higher rates, Gold Plus = lower rates)
- you book the rest of the year in Gold Select at a blended SO rate (bad deal for Platinum owners booking in Gold Plus season, good deal in the other direction)

So, there are 2 seasons for Cascade owners using their home resort - not just exchangers trading in.

When deposited with II, do Plat and Gold Plus weeks get different trading designations?

- fixed week owners have priority for that specific week ("Home Resort Priority Period") months 12-10, floating week owners are first-come, first-served

Are ALL Cascade deeded fixed/float? (as described above.)

That's what I thought I remembered, but I got a bit confused in the threads where we were discussing it. Thanks! I will put it in the sticky so I have something to refer to in the future!

Last edited:

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Checkin Days

Checkin days; from SVR map with quantity of buildings designated for each day:
Falls - Sunday (all bldgs)
Cascades - Fri, Sat, Sun, (3, 7, and 6 bldgs)
Lakes - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 5, and 3 bldgs)
Fountains I - Fri, Sat, Sun, (16, 10, and 15 bldgs)
Fountains II - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 14, and 5 bldgs)
Springs - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 7, and 8 bldgs)

Other non-SVN sections:

Spas - Friday
Courts - Saturday
Palms -Fri, Sat, Sun

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Cascades:

I don't believe this is true. I believe Cascades was sold as 1-52 float. A Cascades owner reserving at Cascades (and I think Lakes as well), can reserve any week, and you do not use SOs.

Mystarcentral says this:

Q: How can I determine what Season I own in the Lakes or Cascades phase of Sheraton Vistana Resort?

A: All weeks are grouped into the same Season in Lakes and Cascades at Sheraton Vistana Resort. To see which week number is on your deed, please select "My Information" from the top navigation bar of this website, and then select "What I Own."

The two different seasons were added later to make SVR consistent with Sheraton Vistana Villages.

Based on my checking in with other Cascades owners, I think all weeks may have been sold as "sort of fixed" with supposed right to your deeded week between months 12-10. I say "supposed" because any owner can book any week 12 mos. out. When I called Starwood to ask about this, they indicated that they don't really automatically reserve your deeded week at 12 mos. out. So it would be possible, however unlikely, that you could get shut out of your deeded week before 10 mos. out.

There may be some true fixed weeks in the Cascades phase, but I'm not sure about that.

Glorian

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
When deposited with II, do Plat and Gold Plus weeks get different trading designations?

My Platinum shows up as "Sheraton Vistana Resort Gold Select VI2" -- I'm pretty sure that they're all converted to the 1-52 floating in the blended season by the time they're sent to II.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on my checking in with other Cascades owners, I think all weeks may have been sold as "sort of fixed" with supposed right to your deeded week between months 12-10. I say "supposed" because any owner can book any week 12 mos. out. When I called Starwood to ask about this, they indicated that they don't really automatically reserve your deeded week at 12 mos. out. So it would be possible, however unlikely, that you could get shut out of your deeded week before 10 mos. out.

The "fixed" week is not automatic (like the Christmas/New Years premium weeks) -- you have to book it at 12-10 months out. My understanding is that you're guaranteed your week if you book within that time period.

Not sure how SVO would address the week not being available because of other bookings...

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't believe this is true. I believe Cascades was sold as 1-52 float. A Cascades owner reserving at Cascades (and I think Lakes as well), can reserve any week, and you do not use SOs.

As a fixed week owner, I can book week 34 at 12-10 months out. SO's do not come in to play, as this is a "Home Resort" booking.

If I don't exercise this right, my ownership turns in to a floating week.

Then as a floating week SVR owner, after they blended the seasons in to a single Gold Select 1-52, I can now book any week at 12-3 months out. SO's do not come in to play, as this is a "Home Resort" booking. Previously, as a Platinum season owner, I could only book in Platinum season at 12-8 months out -- after that, I could have booked the Gold Plus season using less SO's than my Platinum season allotment. This is no longer the case -- this change was to the benefit of Gold Plus owners (you now book what used to be a Platinum week for "less") and to the detriment of Platinum owners (you now book what used to be a Gold Plus week for "more").

As a non-SVR owner, I can book in either Platinum or Gold Plus season using different amounts of SO's at 8-3 months out. This is different than how SVR owners book during this period, and I think unfair to SVR owners who bought Platinum season.

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, there are 2 seasons for Cascade owners using their home resort - not just exchangers trading in.

Other way around.

SVR owners now have a single blended Gold Select season, to the detriment of those who owned Platinum season vs. Gold Plus season.

Non-SVR owners (i.e. trading in via SO's) still see Platinum and Gold Plus seasons.

Non-SVN owners (i.e. trading via II, etc) see the single blended Gold Select season.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cascades season notes from SVO conversations

Here's a few excerpts from emails to SVO about the implementation of the blended Gold Plus season for SVR owners:

As an owner at The Sheraton Vistana Resort you can now book a reservation for the same amount of StarOptions regardless of the week and phase you choose to travel in. Although some weeks require less StarOptions for other owners, depending on the season, you have the benefit of being able to book these weeks as early as 12 months in advance, when other owners can book them eight months or less from the arrival date. Please take into consideration that you are paying less StarOptions when traveling during higher demanded dates than other owners who do not own at The Sheraton Vistana Resort. We would also like to remind you that owners at The Sheraton Vistana Resort now have more StarOptions to travel within the network than they did before the refurbishment projects began. This will allow you to book more nights or a larger villa at a different resort than perhaps you could not have booked before.

It is true that non-Owners can reserve the Sheraton Vistana Resort at the lower season when booking the Gold Plus seasoned weeks. The opposite is that Owner at the Sheraton Vistana Resort can reserve into the Platinum weeks at a lower StarOptions requirement. For owners at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, we had to blend all 52 weeks together and get an average StarOptions that applies to Owners Only. This was needed because each phase was sold with different seasons.

I asked how they could determine which SO's were used to book at SVR for those who owned there and other properties (i.e. doesn't everything just go in to a great big pool of SO's from multiple ownerships?), since SO's from a non-SVR property can book in to the Gold Plus season for less. I didn't get a response to that part of the inquiry...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm starting to understand, why I don't understand! :rofl:

Starwood made a mess with this! :rolleyes:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to understand, why I don't understand! :rofl:

Starwood made a mess with this! :rolleyes:

Too many rules for too many usage scenarios... :mad:

bm408

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread! SVR IS CONFUSING! :confused: I don't know if I'm happy with the option I have available or to keep looking.... :wall: SVR needs it's own primer ;)

(And yes I LOVE emoticons :D )

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Cascades owner reserving at Cascades (and I think Lakes as well), can reserve any week, and you do not use SOs.

Just when you thought it wasn't confusing enough :doh:

Do you know if the "Vistana Vacation Club" stuff still applies? Or is that only if the SVR unit isn't participating in SVN (i.e. without SO's)?

There's mention in one of the user guides of trading between SVR Cascades, SVR Lakes, and Sheraton PGA with a different set of internal rules, and split week (3 or 4 night) reservations with a whole whack of restrictions.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Do you know if the "Vistana Vacation Club" stuff still applies? Or is that only if the SVR unit isn't participating in SVN (i.e. without SO's)?

There's mention in one of the user guides of trading between SVR Cascades, SVR Lakes, and Sheraton PGA with a different set of internal rules, and split week (3 or 4 night) reservations with a whole whack of restrictions.

I don't know for sure, but when I go to the "using my ownership" section in mystarcentral, the Vistana Vacation Club User Guide is still there which lists the mini-system of Cascades, Lakes, & PGA. The split week usage is also listed. My week is not in SVN.

Glorian

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a list of projected completion dates for refurbishment from the Starwood Sticky Page:

Fountains I - Aug. 2008
Fountains II - Feb. 2009
Falls - May 2009
Springs - June 2009
Cascades - May 2010
Courts - Aug. 2010
Spas - Jan. 2011

I don't see Palms listed. Does this mean that Palms did not have a special assessment yet?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am reviving this thread in hope of getting a little more info. Please post if you know for sure if these phases are:

true fixed
fixed/floating
floating

Falls -
Sunday check-in

Cascades -
Fixed/float at home resort - reserve your fixed week up until 10 mos, and then it converts to a floating week.
Unit sizes - 2 bdm. L/O, Dedicated 2 bdm., 1 Bdm. Prem.(855 Sq. ft.), 1 bdm. (482 sq. ft.) 1 Bdm. (471 sq. ft.)
Check in day(s)?

Lakes

Fountains I

Fountains II

Springs

Spas

Courts

Palms

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Springs has dedicated 2-BR units only, true fixed weeks. The one I have is a Saturday check-in, but I can't swear they all are.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you! :hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Updated - but still looking for more info. -

Falls -
Check-in - Sunday only

Cascades -
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (3, 7, and 6 bldgs)

Lakes
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 5, and 3 bldgs)

Fountains I
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (16, 10, and 15 bldgs)

Fountains II
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 14, and 5 bldgs)

Springs
Check-in - Fri, Sat, Sun, (2, 7, and 8 bldgs)

Spas
Check-in - Friday

Courts
Check-in - Saturday

Palms
Check-in - Fri., Sat., Sun

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fourntains I and II are a little complicated.

All sold as floating weeks with 2 original seasons, Prime and High.

Some members joined SVN after renovations and the seasons were changed to more closely allign with SVV seasons (Prime = 6-17, 23-34, 39-47, 51-52; High = all other weeks).

If never converted to SVN, or purchased in resale market after conversion to SVN, I would think the seasons would revert back to the original seasons as the week would go back to non-SVN status.

Does anyone know what the original seasons were?

Hope this makes sense!

Don't know check-in dates but it's a large section -- probably includes all three check-in dates.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Courts

True fixed weeks (at least ours is, and any neighbors I have talked to). Assume same "true fixed" on II; we exchange on RCI.

50% 2 BR Loft units (HOA calls Townhouse); 2 storey units on 2nd and 3rd floor, loft easily serves as third bedroom. Sleeps 8/6 (IMO, or 8/4 depending on how you treat loft). Actually if they added a 10 feet of half wall and a door, we could call these 3 BR units and probably increase our resale price from $1 to $1.50. :D
50% 2 BR lower units (HOA calls Villas). True 2 BR single level on ground floor. Sleeps 6/4.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise -

Came across an "established check-in days table" on mystarcentral.

Cascades, Fountains I, Palms, Springs - Fri / Sat / Sun

Lakes - Fri / Sat / Sun with note that says "No Sunday check-in for one-br villas"

Fountains II - Sat / Sun

Spas - Fri

Falls - Sun

Note: Courts was not listed

arma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fountains I and II

We just came back from a stay in SVR staying in Foountains II. The Fountains 2BR units are slightly larger than Lakes and Cascades 2BR.
Fountains Buildings don't have elevators where the equivanelt multi-story units in the Lakes and Cascades do.

The only relevant difference between in a Fountains I v II is that in the I the whirlpool bath is in the master ensiute bathroom and in Fountains II it is in bedroom area.

Both Fountains I and II have Fri, Sat and Sun check.
SVR has allocated certain buildings for each check-in day. All the buildings closest to the main pool are Friday check-in. These are colour coded on the Resort Map: Brown = Friday, Blue = Sat, Green = Sunday. If you check in on a Saturday and a room is free is a Friday check-in building they will give it to you.

I don't mind that the weeks are now blended; makes for easy planning and booking. It did peanilise me when trading within the SVO Network but that really depends on when and where. For SVR the unit season still makes a difference for Starwood Hotel Starpoint value allocated.

By the way this is my first post - I have got a lot of benefit from other TUG posts - I hope this adds something.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What areas of Vistana are not yet remodeled? I considered Vistana for a future trip but may just book Vistana Villages instead.